Weird textures msi 1080, graphic card issue?

I bought MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8 GB today and wanted to see how much  i could get out of it fps wise on the games i play

I noticed that while benchmarking GTA 5 on the highest setttings i only got around 50 fps 1080p and a friend of mine with the same graphics card and 1440p monitor got 100+

I know that GTA 5 is a CPU heavy game ; i have i5 4690k but my friend has 4670k.

The second game i tried is Witcher 3 , after playing around for an hour or so i noticed something weird with the textures as im gonna show in the gyazo link

https://gyazo.com/6e8b6b7c2daf31315b63daef7ea1976b

I dont know how to describe it but the textures on the grass, leaves and trees has a "white" color to it, like the texture isnt 100% showing

This worries me because i've just spent a lot of money on this new graphics card and there's clearly something wrong with it and i want to know what?

My Setup:

asus vg248qe 144hz

i5 4690k

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X

be quiet dark rock 3

corsair 750w gold modular

msi gaming 7 motherboard

16 GB DDR 3 1600mhz corsair vengeance 

By "same graphics card", you mean the same card model or literally the same card?

The texture thing looks more like god rays effect.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

2 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

By "same graphics card", you mean the same card model or literally the same card?

The texture thing looks more like god rays effect.

Oh so it isnt anything wrong texture wise? Seemed so odd at first.

yeah i mean litteraly the exact same card

Wtf is this white dotty square grid on that Witcher screenshot, top left corner where the tree leaves should be?

Something has to be odd here, this is 100% not normal (also having so low fps is not normal, you both have almost the same CPU)

What was your previous Card? Did you uninstall the previous GPU Driver before you swapped the Cards?

Do you have that in other games as well? try uninstalling the game, and install it again.

Or before that, uninstall the GPU Driver with DDU (Let it delete every remaining stuff there is, maybe something got in the way here), and install the newset one. Probably that might already fix your issue.

Another topic, you do plan upgrading your Monitor to 4k / 60 Hz or 1440p / 144+ Hz, right?

Because a 1080 ti is a failbuy for 1080p resolution, as the GPU is already way too strong / overpowered for this resolution ;) Or with other words, the Resolution is too low, to really make the 1080ti work.

Even an overclocked i7 7700k will Bottleneck here in many games, let alone your i5 CPU. You can see that in MSI Afterburner, where your 1080 ti won't be able to keep 100% GPU Usage in many newer titles.

And.... your 4 CPU Cores/Threads beeing at 80-90%+ usage, in some games even hitting 100% ^^" For example, run through Novingrad in Witcher 3, your i5 will not be able to keep up.

In general: Everytime, your GPU is NOT at 100% usage, either your CPU Bottlenecks, or your Ram (in some cases, the  Storage. But that will be nothing more than a few framedrops additionally. If you use an SSD, no issue there).

If that happens, i suggest using DSR, and let the GPU render a higher resolution. That way, you raise the stress for the GPU, lower the stress for the CPU, and you enjoy a sharper cleaner image, with probably not less fps.

20 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Wtf is this white dotty square grid on that Witcher screenshot, top left corner where the tree leaves should be?

Something has to be odd here, this is 100% not normal (also having so low fps is not normal, you both have almost the same CPU)

What was your previous Card? Did you uninstall the previous GPU Driver before you swapped the Cards?

Do you have that in other games as well? try uninstalling the game, and install it again.

Or before that, uninstall the GPU Driver with DDU (Let it delete every remaining stuff there is, maybe something got in the way here), and install the newset one. Probably that might already fix your issue.

Another topic, you do plan upgrading your Monitor to 4k / 60 Hz or 1440p / 144+ Hz, right?

Because a 1080 ti is a failbuy for 1080p resolution, as the GPU is already way too strong / overpowered for this resolution ;) Or with other words, the Resolution is too low, to really make the 1080ti work.

Even an overclocked i7 7700k will Bottleneck here in many games, let alone your i5 CPU. You can see that in MSI Afterburner, where your 1080 ti won't be able to keep 100% GPU Usage in many newer titles.

And.... your 4 CPU Cores/Threads beeing at 80-90%+ usage, in some games even hitting 100% ^^" For example, run through Novingrad in Witcher 3, your i5 will not be able to keep up.

In general: Everytime, your GPU is NOT at 100% usage, either your CPU Bottlenecks, or your Ram (in some cases, the  Storage. But that will be nothing more than a few framedrops additionally. If you use an SSD, no issue there).

If that happens, i suggest using DSR, and let the GPU render a higher resolution. That way, you raise the stress for the GPU, lower the stress for the CPU, and you enjoy a sharper cleaner image, with probably not less fps.

Yes thats what im talking about , if you look at the tree leaves in the left corner it looks so weird.

i did uninstall previous drivers using DDU and then installed the new ones from geforce experience.

My old card was an asus 770 2gb.

I do plan on buying a 1440p monitor once a good one is on sale.

Its not a 1080 ti btw i wrote wrong , its msi 1080 gaming X 8gb not TI.

I might just return it and buy a 1070 instead since its so overkill for 1080p but it sure does annoy me that the fps is so low for such a powerful card.

Im gonna try everything you said about uninstalling the game and using DDU once more and see what happens.

the only other games i tried was GTA 5 and overwatch but i only played for like 5 mins and didnt notice anything like what you see in the picture.

Edited by Marko C