Unpopular Opinions of mine....

Linksys120n

I'm gonna use this topic to post all the unpopular opinions I have...

I already mentioned this one but I'll say it again.... Green Day's album Dookie is better than American Idiot.

This is not the only one about music I got a few more...

We Kill Everything is the best GWAR album ever made....

Genesis Has a lot of really shitty albums and songs... It's a miracle they ever made any good music...

Gorillas Demon Days is a terrible album and should have been a single for Feel Good Inc and not an entire album

There was at least one more but by the time I got around to it I forgot it entirely....

Oh and Kurt Cobain did the right thing.... If he would have lived to make another album it would most likely suck ass and it would have ruined the image of the band forever...

Not all my opinions are about music though... I think that Trump is not the worst president we've ever had... not the best... but not the worse either...

derp

2 hours ago, Linksys120n said:

I already mentioned this one but I'll say it again.... Green Day's album Dookie is better than American Idiot.

Not really controversial. Most people think that. 

I think Green Day suck in general, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't agree, but the argument could certainly be made.

Genesis Has a lot of really shitty albums and songs... It's a miracle they ever made any good music...

Yes, Genesis has a lot of completly asinine song (Tonight, Tonight, Tonight comes to mind), but their early 70's output with Peter Gabriel is untouchable prog rock goodness.

Gorillas Demon Days is a terrible album and should have been a single for Feel Good Inc and not an entire album

Again, not something a lot of people disagree with. After the novelty wore off most people resorted to it being a mediocre album.

Oh and Kurt Cobain did the right thing.... If he would have lived to make another album it would most likely suck ass and it would have ruined the image of the band forever...

Couple of thing wrong here. 

First of all, fuck you for saying suicide is the right thing to do. 

Secondly, there is evidence to suggest that Kurt wasn't even going to make a new Nirvana album. He said on numerous that he didn't like the direction the band was going in and he even toyed with the idea of joining Hole. 

Lastly, you do not know if a 4th Nirvana album would have sucked. Considering the direction of In Utero when compared to Nevermind there could very well have been more experimentation on a 4th album. 

I would have welcomed a 4th album if it had more songs like Scentless Apprentice. 

Not all my opinions are about music though... I think that Trump is not the worst president we've ever had... not the best... but not the worse either...

As long as Trump does anything he'll be a better president than Warren G. Harding. 

There's a lot of competition on the buttom.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Unpopular opinion: Both Green Day and most especially Nirvana are highly overrated.

Nirvana was pioneering a new genre, certainly, but I don't consider them "good". Though Dave Grohl is amazing and Foo Fighters is a much better band.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

58 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Unpopular opinion: Both Green Day and most especially Nirvana are highly overrated.

Nirvana was pioneering a new genre, certainly, but I don't consider them "good". Though Dave Grohl is amazing and Foo Fighters is a much better band.

WUTTTTTT!!!!!!! 

Unpopular opinions:

I don't like Nirvana, Metallica, Green Day, Led Zepplin, 21 Pilots, Pantera, Megadeth... I would name a lot more, but those are the bands I could think out of the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

My support of Trump is super unpopular with, well, a lot of people.

All the more confusing when I'm a gay Mexican. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I support Trump also! I think its even more confusing that i'm a furry supporting Trump lmao

I don't like Fender guitars and basses.(but LOVE their amps) and I don't like Warwick basses.

I guess that's all I have to say

the sky is up

Sure you got opinions but why do we need to know? We all have our own opinions but that's why we keep them to ourselves xD

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Kongos is by far my favorite band. Followed closely by Red Hot chili peppers and Pink Floyd. 

But I also think a lot of Pink Floyd is over rated. I didn't really enjoy brick in the wall, and while I can certainly appreciate what a lot of their songs are *doing*, a lot of them don't do it very well. Time is my PF song. 

- snip-

46 minutes ago, JayKay3000 said:

Michael Jackson was not sexually attracted to kids.

I agree... And there's a very good chance that bill cosby didn't do what he was accused of either...

The Chemical brothers are better than Daft Punk... But both are very over rated...

I wish Syd Barrett would have made at least one or 2 more albums with Pink Floyd before Waters took over for him...

I think bono from U2 is a duche bag.

derp

I support Duke basketball and Manchester City FC, which I guess makes me extremely contrarian in the sports world.

I think Nutella is extremely overrated.

Kendrick Lamar isn't that freaking good.

Fahrenheit is way more practical than Celsius for describing everyday weather conditions.

I've seen some opinions in this thread that really aren't all that unpopular. Bono seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way (not necessarily me) and plenty of people believe that Michael Jackson was just a weird dude who didn't understand boundaries rather than an actual child molester.

I spell my name without an H!

Esse Quam Videri - Go Blue Devils

8 minutes ago, jmart604 said:

Fahrenheit is way more practical than Celsius for describing everyday weather conditions.

Hmmmmm? 

- snip-

0 C = kind of cold

100 C = dead

0 F = really cold

100 F = really hot

Most people seem to live in places where temperature swings are between 10 F and 100 F, which is -12 C to 38 C. The F scale more naturally covers typical weather conditions.

In this scenario F also has more granularity. You can say "it's in the mid 60s outside" and people will understand what you mean, whereas "it's in the mid 20s C" could mean a lot of things. You also don't have to mess around with fractional degrees when adjusting a thermostat in F.

People don't think about this because they're too busy bandwagoning on the "American measurements are stupid" train, but I do think F is a lot more practical in this situation.

Of course C makes more sense for scientific applications. But I'm pretty firm in my belief that F is an excellent scale for talking about the weather.

I spell my name without an H!

Esse Quam Videri - Go Blue Devils

1 hour ago, jmart604 said:

Of course C makes more sense for scientific applications. But I'm pretty firm in my belief that F is an excellent scale for talking about the weather.

another more popular opinion even showcased on British shows such as top gear is that Miles are better than Kilometers when measuring distance and speed... (except for when your trying to set a world record)

depending on where your from it is very unpopular to say that Pepsi is way better than Coke

WWF/E from 1996 to 2012ish is some of the most entertaining television ever made... (not very unpopular but there are many people who hate the entire concept)

I'm actually stumped... when I made this thread I thought I would be able to come up with at least a a dozen or so but I don't think I even have that many...

derp

2 hours ago, jmart604 said:

Finally, someone with sense.

On 5/30/2017 at 0:27 AM, Linksys120n said:

I wish Syd Barrett would have made at least one or 2 more albums with Pink Floyd before Waters took over for him...

Roger Waters never took over from Syd Barret. You're thinking of David Gilmour.

And he was never really intended to take over from Syd. He was brought in as a subsitute becuase Syd was having a psychotic breakdown and never ended up fully recovering. 

And if you want more The Piper at the Gates of Dawn you can just listen to Syd Barret's solo albums.

3 hours ago, jmart604 said:

Finally, someone with common sense.

Although, I've found that Nutella tastes very different depending on where you buy it. 

It's much sweeter in Noth America and the Uk than it is in continental Europe. And supposedly Eastern European Nutella tastes like complete ass. 

It still tastes like eating liquefied sugar, but just more or less so.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I think the only opinion that really matters in this world is that of John Lydon.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 29.5.2017 at 6:21 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

My support of Trump is super unpopular with, well, a lot of people.

All the more confusing when I'm a gay Mexican. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So you are saying that you are not a gay Mexican all the time?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

On 5/29/2017 at 9:30 AM, Linksys120n said:

This is not the only one about music I got a few more...

There was at least one more but by the time I got around to it I forgot it entirely....

Mostly no issues with them except Kurt: Why don't musicians learn that they can quit their band at any point? If you feel you already said everything you needed to say with that band fucking quit. You still got insanely rich in his case, you also have the spotlight on any new band you might want to try your hand at or you can just start producing other bands basically still involved in music but without the pressure.

Hell I'd even be ok with certain bands that have a significant library of records announcing they'll quit doing new ones but on certain anniversaries tour to play the old songs again for fans new and old that would be perfectly fine and it would still basically net them sufficient cash.

I just don't get whats the fucking rush to just try to outdo yourself and keep making records at a certain point somebody needs to go up to say, Iron Maiden and tell them: "Ok that's about enough. Keep touring if you want but you have got to STOP making new fucking records they just fucking suck, they're terrible!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Unpopular Opinion: Owl City is amazing

10 hours ago, jmart604 said:

0 C = kind of cold

100 C = dead

0 F = really cold

100 F = really hot

Most people seem to live in places where temperature swings are between 10 F and 100 F, which is -12 C to 38 C. The F scale more naturally covers typical weather conditions.

In this scenario F also has more granularity. You can say "it's in the mid 60s outside" and people will understand what you mean, whereas "it's in the mid 20s C" could mean a lot of things. You also don't have to mess around with fractional degrees when adjusting a thermostat in F.

People don't think about this because they're too busy bandwagoning on the "American measurements are stupid" train, but I do think F is a lot more practical in this situation.

I'll disagree with you here, and try to elaborate.

0 C = Freezing temp (Eg: Ice on the roads, potential for snow (granted, snow can be plus or minus a couple of degrees)

100 C = Boiling point of water - super useful in daily life for cooking, etc (But hey, not a lot of nerds cook ;) lol)

0 F = really cold but not some specific measure of cold. 0 F cold is no different from 5 F cold or - 10 F cold - all of them are "damn cold".

Also, your "mid 20's" thing is, in my opinion, less complicated then you make it out to be.

Mid 20's, to me, means anywhere around 25 C (Say 24 to 27C) - all of which are "pretty warm, but not melting".

Mid 60's is not really any different. Mid 60's is "a bit on the cold side, but pretty nice". High 60's is "nice weather".

Obviously whether you find a specific temperature nice is 100% personal preference, and will for sure vary by region.

I personally think you only find F better in daily weather conditions, simply because that's what you're used to. If you get used to Celsius, it's pretty easy for weather. Most Canadians don't seem to have a problem there ;)

As for your comment about where most people live? I live in southern Ontario, and during Winter, it regularly blows past -12 C by a large margin (Can go as low as -30 C here, occasionally lower), so for me, if I were to use F, I'd be going into the negatives no matter what. Some northern US States no doubt have this happen too.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Here are some of mine that can cause a kerfuffle depending on the circles you are in.

1.  Cartoons in the 90s were better than cartoons in the 80s.

2.  Thai food is the best asian food genre

3.  Not a fan of 1911s.

4.   PSP & Vitas are better than the 2ds & 3ds

5.  it's better to buy a Japanese brand car that was built in the US than an American brand car built in Mexico.

6.  Marriage licenses shouldn't be a thing

7.  I liked Freddy vs. Jason

8.  Sega Master System games looked and ran better than NES games.

9.  When dating the checks should always be seperate, or at least alternate who pays.

10.  Pit Bulls, or at least the breeds commonly referred to as "pit bull", are just as good family pets as any other breed.

6 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

Here are some of mine that can cause a kerfuffle depending on the circles you are in.

1.  Cartoons in the 90s were better than cartoons in the 80s.

2.  Thai food is the best asian food genre

3.  Not a fan of 1911s.

4.   PSP & Vitas are better than the 2ds & 3ds

5.  it's better to buy a Japanese brand car that was built in the US than an American brand car built in Mexico.

6.  Marriage licenses shouldn't be a thing

7.  I liked Freddy vs. Jason

8.  Sega Master System games looked and ran better than NES games.

9.  When dating the checks should always be seperate, or at least alternate who pays.

10.  Pit Bulls, or at least the breeds commonly referred to as "pit bull", are just as good family pets as any other breed.

1. I agree

2. Never had thai... not that I'm aware of anyways

3. what the heck are you talking about? a car? a gun? the year it's self?

4. model 1 PSPs with the IR remote was fun as hell to hack and homebrew

5. I agree also note that a 2016/17 Prius is the best Sedan you can buy.

6. I will never be legally married... Only unofficial

7. I agree... wheres part 2?

8. The Library of games to choose from sucked balls

9. I agree if both members have a source of money

10. I like my little knee high mutt of a dog... Pit Bulls are popular because there's Billions of them... My dog may be one of only a handful to ever exist with whatever cocktail of breeds he has because I'm sure both of his parents where mutts too...

derp

On 5/29/2017 at 7:30 AM, Linksys120n said:

Wrong. Every Greenday album sucks because Greenday sucks.

True, but the same could be said of like 98% of artists out there. It's not like Genesis has no good songs.

I agree but is that really even an unpopular opinion?

Classy.

Seriously?

10 hours ago, Linksys120n said:

2. Never had thai... not that I'm aware of anyways

3. what the heck are you talking about? a car? a gun? the year it's self?

4. model 1 PSPs with the IR remote was fun as hell to hack and homebrew

8. The Library of games to choose from sucked balls

2.  If you like chinese food you'll probably like Thai food.  It isn't as "heavy" as chinese food and lacks that drowned in oil taste chinese food has.  It tends to be heavy on the veggies side and has more flavor.

3.  A style of firearm modeled after the Colt 1911 handgun which was used in WW1 & WW2.  It has a strong following among gun owners.

4.  I recently picked up a PSP model 3000 and softmodded it last night.  Gonna play around with it and see if i like playing homebrews on it vs the vita.

8.  Yea that's why i quantified it by the way the games ran and looked. In terms of fun factor SMS couldn't compete with the NES library; though a large part of that was from Nintendo actively keeping the SMS suppressed in north america.