What do you do to get tired?

yathis

I need to wake up at 7:30am and be at the train by 8:05am so this is going to be challenging as I normally wake up at noon, and I am up until 3 or 4am, so yeah I like my 8 hours of sleep.

I have already worked out at the gym, plus I rode my bicycle for 3 or 4 hours in the cloudless sun.

I am going to not have any sugar past 7pm, and get off the computer by 10pm but watch TV for a couple hours.

If I can get to bed and fall to sleep by midnight or 1am then I can live with 6 or 7 hours sleep.

Thankfully its only for 4 days out of the week and lasts either 3 weeks or 6 weeks, my choice.

My course starts at 9:30 and goes until lunch, then am off, so I plan to do things in the afternoon like work out again. Plus I need to cut a city fence made of a single cable at knee level so that people can slip between the 2 posts, plus I need to take down a two city signs (Yield sign and a pedestrian do not cross here sign) which block the sidewalk and has almost taken me out countless times so I can see how its almost taken other people out countless times, I justify it by its a public safety concern......well blocks my ease of riding my bike is what it does.

You know, work from 8h till 18h then get into college at 19h leave at 22h study till 00h, try to sleep but divorcing parents decide to argue and fight in your bedroom, so you sleep at around 2am, wake up at 6:30, get ready to work at 8h and go on... I think I have plenty to be tired with already [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Fap. not even joking either.

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

Easy, wake up after getting 3 hours of sleep every day.

We're creatures of habit, so set up some routines that help you sleep.

Try at least an hour before you go to bed:

Avoiding visual stimulation (TV/Phone etc)

Switch off some lights so the room gets darker (triggers your body to release some melatonin)

Have a pre-bed routing. Wash face, brush teeth, fluff pillows ... whatever it is your body will recognise the routine and get you ready for resting.

Sweet dreams :)

----------------------------
        Weem

Idk I can't sleep without meds. @_@

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Its been proven time and time again that adults and children need 8 hours, but 7 hours will do.

FYI Donald Trump works on 4 hours of sleep.

David Suzuki just did a study on how cramming for a test and pulling an all nighter makes you lose your memory. I believe it. The study states that you remember more if you get a good nights sleep.

There are no tests in what I am doing, so I can basically show up with not showering. I just need to be there and get credit, I think it should be interesting. Half days rock, but I'd prefer to do them in the afternoon, say 1pm to 3:30pm but that is not the way the world works. The world does shit in the mornings and I am not a morning person.

Search for the song Weightless - Marconi Union, it was made by scientists to make you sleepy. Other than that, you need a better sleep schedule :P.

Personally, I work out (strength + 30 mins cardio) for an hour a day, work 5-6 hours each day and study full time, plus I live alone so all the housework/cooking is on me, so I'm tired enough as it is. I normally get to sleep about 11-12pm, then I'm up at 6:30. Weekends I normally sleep until 8-9, although after a big night I basically write off the whole following day.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, pyromaniac said:

Fap. not even joking either.

I mean that is a proven sleep aid...

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

I mean that is a proven sleep aid...

its crude and not for everyone but by golly it works.

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

i go to bed by 6 in the morning and wake up at noon. though most days i end up sleeping until 4 

Enders Game is my Poison, man that movie knocks me the hell out. and I really enjoy it but maybe just seen it to many times. 

that and reading, just started Ready Player One for the second time and always only seem to make it a few pages at the time, it starts really slowly.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Update - My alarm went off at 7:30am and I did not shower, but I did take a loooong poop.

Was out the door by 7:52am and at the train within 5 minutes.

I was up to the mall in quick time, and had plenty of time to grab a Subway, I ordered Ham with regular cheddar but I had to say it to her a few times. Subway seems to push the white cheddar and I think they do it because its the cheapest cheese they got. Anyway I let it slide, even tho I told her 3 times as shes grabbing the white cheap shit cheddar. I noticed the pop machine in said $0.80 refill so I took a few big gulps and refilled it on the spot. It tasted odd. I walked back to the bus stop and my bus was waiting and I was at the location by 9:08am. I grabbed 2 cans of pop from the east indian cafe owners and I hate how they always give me a small fucking cup. Again the cheapest cup they got. Oh well I let it slide.

When I was done at noon I went to donate my blood but ended up waiting at the elevator a long as time so I took the stairs. I realized that it said G not 6 and the punk ass standing in front of the elevator door had not pressed the button but was talking to the security desk close by, I go up the stairs and go through the process. I hate how I have to do the questionarre all the time, but I let that slide. Plus I hate how we dont get paid cash, only soup, pop and snacks but  I let it slide. Then around 1:30ish maybe 2pm I take the train back and I take up the entire bench made for 2 people because I hate strangers sitting next to me. Plus I like to stretch out my arms and legs. And I tend not to move out of the way courtesy for certain people. The train ride back was alright, no morons around or near me, a few hotties that I eyeballed hard with my shades on. I took the train to the end of the line, then doubled back because my bus app said 11 minutes, so I ended up waiting 5 minutes at the train station because it was completely blocked the sun. Within 5 minutes my bus came and I was fucking pissed off that it had a bike rack when I didnt need it, as I was walking. I let it slide and told the bus driver and we giggled about it. I still pisses me off tho that they spent millions on bike lanes, a few hundred grand on some cheesy artistic crap (led moving sign that is 100' and S turns over 4 lanes of traffic under the CPR line), $35 million on a artistic crap pedestrian bridge that was built with bad welds, indoor lights, custom curved glass that costs $100k per sheet and requires a custom jig probably $250k. But no no no, cant spend $3000 times 1000 or more buses, $3M they'd probably have 1500-2k total buses of regular size. You see in BC every single bus has a bike rack, from the mini short (retarded) buses to the double length buses, and even the small islands off Vancouver Island that requires only 1 bus on a loop every 2 hours, has a bike rack.

Seriously...

Not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

When I want to sleep I close my eyes. 10 seconds and I'm out with no clue of the world around me.

I'm used to going to sleep at 22-23 and I wake up at 5, even in the weekends. Yesterday I woke up at 4 in the morning cause I just had gotten enough sleep. Don't need that much sleep in the summer months because it's so bright even early in the morning. During midsummer eve I barely sleep at all because the sun doesn't set here in the north. I don't even need to see it, my body just decides to wake up after a couple hours even in a darkened room.

I wish I could do that @cekkonen especially on the Greyhound bus, it would be cool to do that.

I can never sleep on the dog like that, never.

It feels weird to be at 14 hours awake and it be 10pm. I hope I can get to bed before midnight because I really do need at a minimum 7 hours sleep. 8 hours is ideal as I mentioned earlier. That is what all the professionals say anyways. I do snore loudly because I have that medical problem and I was tested for it with the machine in my own bed.

I was planning to work out at the gym today but I was winging it as to my plan for the day. I buy a monthly pass to the YMCA for $21/month and have full access, the other chumps have to pay $44/m or more, but I get a letter from a homeless shelter I used once 8 years ago. Its good to know how to work the system like that.

Maybe tomorrow I will crush some weights, I like to watch the honies, there is always a milf or two, and of course all the young jail bait which I have no interest in. There is a school next door, High School I think it is. I was looking at all the personal trainers they have and non had anything outstanding for a degree, all PE stuff, no dietician degree's, plus it didnt list their age, so they are probably all $15/hour 20 somethings that the YMCA Charges $150/hour for.

I usually make lists of what to do, as I have always really needed to fill my day with something so I'd make up shit to do. Nothing was needed nor required, its nice to be retired but I do need to get out of the house.

I think having the sun shine in my face in the early hours helps, along with the physical activity in the morning or early afternoon. My meds help but routine is the key to life.

I'd say it depends upon many factors, if there is tons of physical work(loading multiple servers into a rack), adjusting a workspace with re-done networking and then getting stuck in a horrible humid subway tunnel I'll either find myself napping all the way home or crash onto the sofa :o

Normal work day I'll sleep at 10am and wake up at 3pm.  I used to be the early bird but public transit delays like subway or light rail having breakdowns between 6am to 9am made life extremely stressful.  Upside to my work life I can enjoy Coast To Coast AM again :D

I wake up.

working 8h/day plus a 2h commute and then going home to work for another 4 hours is pretty tiresome.

I need a vacation

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Reps for Jesus.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

I have to second the "routine" comment.  Establish a routine and stick with it and your body will adjust.  Sleep is a habit and if you go to sleep at a certain time every day then your body will get used to it and start winding down around the same time.  

Just prior to bed you can start dimming the lights and maybe do something relaxing.  I like to drink tea, such as the "sleepy time" variety, but anything without caffeine should do.

Lastly if you have problems getting to sleep once in bed you could try having some sort of white noise playing.  YT has a bunch of super long (like 10 hours) videos of thunderstorms, waves, whale songs etc...

On 5/28/2017 at 11:18 PM, yathis said:

David Suzuki just did a study on how cramming for a test and pulling an all nighter makes you lose your memory. I believe it. The study states that you remember more if you get a good nights sleep.

That's because memories are encoded while we sleep into long term memory, plus being fatigued has the same effect on the brain as alcohol does.

I find it strange to go to bed so early when the sun is making everything dark blue, then waking up and smelling the mornings moistness.

Alcohol is healthy for ya dont you know, so a 30 pack it is.

ale-house1-600x200.jpg

Just now, AUniqueName said:

ale-house1-600x200.jpg

I used to have those same mugs. I think I stole them from A&W back in the 1820's

I am debating whether to go out for a bike ride at 7pm or stay in. Its down hill, and I can call in for a ride back up the hill. Its only one more day until the weekend, and I only really have to do one thing and that is cut the wire rope fence on city property so I can fly from the road, pop the curb, up a 4' slight grassy hill to the pathway, then turn 90 degree's and I am at the bus depot platform. Then I have to unbolt and discard a yield sign with its post and on of those signs that states do not cross the street here, go down a block.