My school has blocked VPN's

Hi all, so I have just moved up from the middle school to the senior school (2 separate campus's) and since I have moved up, the senior school has blocked nearly all websites including youtube and doesn't let us download any extensions but the ones approved by the school

I have tried most proxy websites but they have been blocked too.

Since the school can't afford laptops for students, we have to buy our own Chromebooks 

I've been trying to find a way around this and I have tried a VPN on my iPhone but that doesn't connect when I am on the school's wifi.

If someone could help it would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Tommy

Suck it up and use your data plan for tethering? 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Sure,

1. log off internet while you on school. Difficulty = Super easy.

2. Subscribe your own internet for your phone, difficulty = easy.

3. Change school, difficulty = moderate

4. Hack the network, difficulty = hard - impposible

50 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Suck it up and use your data plan for tethering? 

I cant, I only get 1GB a month and ever other GB from there is 10$. I live in Australia, mobile plans are pretty expensive.

Is there a way around it on Chrome OS using some other kind of VPN or Proxy?

23 minutes ago, Maxitom said:

I cant, I only get 1GB a month and ever other GB from there is 10$. I live in Australia, mobile plans are pretty expensive.

Is there a way around it on Chrome OS using some other kind of VPN or Proxy?

What you are discussing most likely violates (at minimum) some ToS set by the school, which is fair as the school is the one that owns their network. For the sake of the longevity of these forums, we shall only discuss legal means of bypassing the VPN and other network restriction, which in this case, happens to be rolling your own portable hotspot, or the practice of abstinence.

On your own hotspot, at least, you can do whatever you want as you own that network yourself.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Good luck with that,  A mate of mine is an education IT manager here in Aus. Apart from being hard to do you'll face consequences like suspension if caught. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Good luck with that,  A mate of mine is an education IT manager here in Aus. Apart from being hard to do you'll face consequences like suspension if caught. 

+1 on that - depending on the method imposed, it'll be very difficult to bypass, especially if they've blocked GRE traffic as a whole which I know is becoming more and more common. 

Either figure it out yourself and learn a thing or two or pay attention in class and learn a thing or two. Being handed an answer on how to avoid learning defeats the purpose of you going to school. You might as well stay home at that point.

If you learn about networks and VPN protocols on your own and then figure out a way, then kudos to you and now you have some knowledge and experience to work with. If you can't figure it out on your own, then stick with learning the stuff they are teaching in school so you'll have some knowledge to fall back on when you get out into the real world.

-KuJoe

Locked.

We don't allow other to help with circumventing network restrictions;

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !