What's your favorite game of all time?

RGProductions
12 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Holy shit me too. Only difference is I played Minecraft, then decided I needed something more powerful than a Celeron 1007u, so I went on the hunt on YouTube for a new computer, found Linus, go into computers, yata, yata, yata...

... i had an i5 760 at that point, and that was enough power for minecraft (think 2013)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The Witcher 3 is by far my most favourite game.  The story, gameplay, art direction and level of immersion simply hit all the right notes for me that I don't think I'll ever stop playing it.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I'll be the oddball, 

Besides skyrim I have sunk over 1000 hours into X3 Albion Prelude 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

19 hours ago, rn8686 said:

Metro series. 

I really need to play these ! ! I'll download tonight ! 

19 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

hard to say, 

pokemon- HGSS

I keep going back to my DSi and re playing Heartgold and FireRed all the time, like at least twice a year. Love them, Currently trying HG by putting my own restrictions on me to make it harder. loving it. 

14 hours ago, PixelWhip said:

Diablo 2 for sure. 

It was incredible for its time with great game mechanics and a killer soundtrack. 

It was one of the first multiplayer games I ever got into. Since then I've struggled to play single player games as they always feel lonely regardless of how good the story line is. I need human interaction and competition for a game to peak my interest. I have diablo 2 to thank for that! 

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds is my current favorite at the moment. Poorly optimised and filled with bugs but still so much fun with mates. 

Agree here, Man Blizzard owned my childhood, Starcraft, WarCraft2: Tides of Darkness and Good old Diablo 1 & 2. Such great. Need to replay them ! 

6 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

The Witcher 3 is by far my most favourite game.  The story, gameplay, art direction and level of immersion simply hit all the right notes for me that I don't think I'll ever stop playing it.

I need to give it a go, Just finished a full Mass effect play through to get the taste of Andromeda out of my mouth, heard I should start witcher at the second one ? 

Anyone here have some great memories with Theme Hospital and the Original Roller Coaster Tycoon games ? 

and Xcom.. Man did I love the crap out of Xcom: Enemy Unknown/Within The second one was great after much needed mods off the steam workshop. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

39 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I need to give it a go, Just finished a full Mass effect play through to get the taste of Andromeda out of my mouth, heard I should start witcher at the second one ? 

That's not a bad idea.  Gameplay-wise, I don't think the first and second titles aged really well ... they feel a bit clunky and outdated.  That, however, should not deter you from their awesome storylines.  No matter where you start, I highly recommend at least reading a wiki on the books so that you understand the characters and relationships a bit better.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

37 minutes ago, IrshaadH said:

That's not a bad idea.  Gameplay-wise, I don't think the first and second titles aged really well ... they feel a bit clunky and outdated.  That, however, should not deter you from their awesome storylines.  No matter where you start, I highly recommend at least reading a wiki on the books so that you understand the characters and relationships a bit better.

I'll start at 1 than :)  yeah playing original ME at first was bad, but after a HD texture pack it was good, Going from 1 - 2 -3 is fine, i think playing 2 than going back to 1 might expose the issues, 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

HNNG, can't ever go into a single game. Gotta split.

Biggest addiction : Team fortress 2 , that game was my biggest drug for about.. 6 years. I've never became bored of it, till last year. No matter how hard i try, i can't uninstall it.

RTS  - Aoe2hd (all exp)/ The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth / Warlord battlecry 3 

FPS - BFBC2, Bf4, Tfall2

ThirdPersonShooter - Battlefield Heroes, PUBG

RPG - Gothic 1-2(exp/mods), Baldurs gate 1-2 (exp), Witcher 3 

MMO : Rakion

MMORPG : Dragon nest, Guild wars 2,Maplestory (Pre bb, abit after too) Elsword (bear with me, i only put it here due to me spending thousands of hours into it + excellent mechanics till s2)

Platformer : Trine 1-2 (exp)

Soundtrack - Trine 1-3

Turn based : Disciples 2 Rise of the elves

Weird action game mix : Magicka

Sandbox : Terraria

Best game for siblings : Overcooked

biggest messing game :Fistful of frags

Biggest hype 2017 : Ashes of creation

A'right i'll stop before i make this longer than it should be.

Thunderforce 4 and Streets of Rage...

Throw in the Witcher 3 and Metro Last light in there too...

Oh, and the new Tomb Raider games too....

And Quite Possibly Nier: Automata. It's certainly looking like a good candidate.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Counter-Strike :)

I got like 600 hrs on STEAM with 1.6 

and more than 400 hrs with CS: GO

and add to that playing for few years without steam and cs condition zero, and source 

Portal 2 for me, it's the only game I've reinstalled more than 5 times.

Star Trek Birth of the Federation.

"Favorite game of all time" is kinda steep. Guild Wars, Diablo 2, Counter Strike/Source, StarCraft, Armored Core 1-3, and Breath of Fire 3 are among my all time favorites. If I have to single out a game as my all time favorite, I'd have to go off what I reminisce the most on a day to day basis. For today, I'd have to say Guild Wars. If GW still had a strong playerbase, I'd probably still be playing it. Random Arenas and Alliance Battles was where it was at.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

I think its hard to say because i have different favourites from different eras but having said that if i was about to be locked in a prison cell and i could take just one game with me i think i'd take GTAV, getting 100% completion on that takes a hell of a long time and if you have a good imagination you can make your own fun anytime you like. That's for single player offline but for online i'd say WoW, that game has an absolutely ridiculous amount of content if you combine all of the expansions.  

KOTOR 1. Haven't finished KOTOR 2 yet. Battlefront 2 is a close second. (The real BF2, not the new one)

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Has to be metal gear solid 5

I'm probably the only person that has played it without playing any of the previous ones (apart from ground zero)

Still enjoyed it, and looking for games similar to it- does anyone have any recommendations?

On 05/13/2017 at 10:42 PM, RGProductions said:

basically the title. 

PS: Gran Turismo series and The Last of Us

PC: Vegas 2 and X-Wing series.

I don't think I can possible narrow it down to one game, even trying to do categories gets ridiculous because I feel that many genre's deserve to be broken into sub-genre's (RPG: traditional, turn-based, online, action, etc) and so my list gets out of hand really fast.  So I'll just name a few and add the caveat that my "all-time great" list would be extremely long...

Bubble Bobble - One of the greatest arcade games of all time, particularly co-op.

Mario Brothers - Specifically Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World.  Mario 64 was also very good, but those two are head and shoulders above the rest.

Squaresoft RPGs - Chrono Trigger, FFVI and Secret of Mana are three of the best RPGs of all time and all came out in a few year span.  Easily the most talented console RPG development team/s of all time.

Shining Force II - Simply an amazing turn-based RPG that led the way for FF Tactics, Ogre Battle and basically all of Nippon Ichi's games (Disgaea, etc).

Other notable mentions: WoW, FFXI, CS (1.6, Source, CSGO), League of Legends, Time Crisis II, The New Tetris, Resident Evil, Super Street Fighter II turbo, Tekken Tag, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Zelda: Links Awakening & Link to the Past, etc.

Phantasy Star Online.

So much fun with local multiplayer with many different friends. I even bought a copy for xbox, gamecube and played the PC version! Ohhh the good ol' days.

Console - Goldeneye N64 (I'm probably showing my age here)

PC - WoW and CS 1.6 - again, I'm showing my age.

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz |:| Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H |:| Noctua NH-D14 |:| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE |:| G.Skill 8GB 1600 |:| Samsung EVO 250GB |:| WD Caviar Blue 1TB |:| XFX 750W BE |:| Corsair 450D |:|
ASUS PG348Q |:| Moon Neo 230HAD Dac/Amp |:| Sennheiser HD 800 |:| Logitech G900 |:| Ducky Premier (MX-Reds)

GTA V ... (Edit: PC, of course!)

Specifically, online. ;) 

Warning some video's will be lower res than pocket calculator.

Ryzen 1700 @ 4.1ghz - 16GB 2400mhz Ripjaws V - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI - RX 580 Strix Crossfire.