nVIDIA GT 1030 pictures from MSI & Gigabyte

Okjoek
9 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

I've been thinking of building a NAS, and I'd probably get one of these, or a GT 710.  Although I've seen server boards with built-in VGA ports, I don't have a display with VGA in, just HDMI and DisplayPort.  AFAIK adapters that do VGA out to HDMI/DP in aren't cheap, and I don't want to get a second VGA monitor, so for that use case getting a discrete low-end GPU with HDMI/DP built in would be a must.

Or just get a motherboard with remote access support (e.g. Supermicro's IPMI, HP's ILO, etc...) and just connect to the server from another computer. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

He didn't missed any point. You must have missed his point about low end video cards.

No, you missed the point just like Linus and Luke did.

The people who buy these low end cards don't buy them for performance.

They buy them because they just want something to display an image on their monitor. They don't care about gaming or how many frames per second it gets in whatever title.

They just want a way to use their PC. The people who fall in this category either have old machines that either don't have an integrated GPU or it broke (including if they had a dedicated card and it broke) or they're getting a machine now, second hand or new that doesn't have an integrated GPU.

So they just need something to be able to connect their display to the PC.

Of course there's the exception that someone is actually going to buy them for gaming because either they don't know or someone informed them that this low end stuff is more than enough.

Linus and Luke never even thought about these things and just assumed everyone buying video cards are only interested in playing games, so they focused on that and showed some benchmarks to show how pathetic low end stuff performs in games without realizing that's not the point of these cards.

1 hour ago, H0R53 said:

It trashes performance in general.

Windows 10 was made by Microsoft after Bill Gates retired. Therefore, it was made by the devil.

Bill Gates was still in active management when W7 was released. Just like when Jobs was still at apple, things were acceptable there. He's gone, and now everything is shit.

Explain then why modded Skyrim runs a shitload smoother after I recently updated Windows 7 Pro x64 to 10 (which got hit by the anti-beacon bat)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, Energycore said:

At 384 CUDA cores it should be around half the performance of a 1050 which is still quite ahead of the latest Intel iGPU and as for AMD, they haven't announced their APUs yet.

Are iGPUs really that terrible?  Ouch Intel.  lol

What's the point of these vs at least a 1050 or 1050 ti?

4 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Explain then why modded Skyrim runs a shitload smoother after I recently updated Windows 7 Pro x64 to 10 (which got hit by the anti-beacon bat)

What's anti-beacon?  

Just now, Darth Revan said:

No, you missed the point just like Linus and Luke did.

The people who buy these low end cards don't buy them for performance.

They buy them because they just want something to display an image on their monitor. They don't care about gaming or how many frames per second it gets in whatever title.

They just want a way to use their PC. The people who fall in this category either have old machines that either don't have an integrated GPU or it broke (including if they had a dedicated card and it broke) or they're getting a machine now, second hand or new that doesn't have an integrated GPU.

So they just need something to be able to connect their display to the PC.

Of course there's the exception that someone is actually going to buy them for gaming because either they don't know or someone informed them that this low end stuff is more than enough.

Linus and Luke never even thought about these things and just assumed everyone buying video cards are only interested in playing games, so they focused on that and showed some benchmarks to show how pathetic low end stuff performs in games without realizing that's not the point of these cards.

No you missed the point and it all comes down to cost.

They don't have any issue with those who buys low end cards for basic use when it cost less than $30-50 dollars. But these cards cost like $80 to $100 dollars and they are crap in terms of gaming performance and overkill for basic use. The user can spent a bit more and get a proper entry level gaming card that offers better specs.

Video cards for basic use, $30-$50, okay that's fine

Video card for basic use, $80-$100, not okay, wasting too much on it and yet crap for games

Proper entry level gaming card $150-$200

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's anti-beacon?  

Spybot Anti-Beacon, its a free tool to disabled the tracking and telemetry BS in Windows 10.

PMSL

They need to figure out how to passively cool their XX50 series of cards, then they would have something compelling.

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's the point of these vs at least a 1050 or 1050 ti?

iirc HD 630 is a bit ahead of AMD's 7860k.

They're cheaper $80~ and consume less power. Although even $80 is a lot considering they should really be used for extra monitors/in place of a dead or lack of iGPU.

2 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

They need to figure out how to passively cool their XX50 series of cards, then they would have something compelling.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11106/palit-announces-kalmx-passively-cooled-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-graphics-card

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Spybot Anti-Beacon, its a free tool to disabled the tracking and telemetry BS in Windows 10.

You can disable that stuff without any third-party applications

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

You can disable that stuff without any third-party applications

Its more time consuming disabling the settings manually than getting Skyrim up and running after I kill my mod setup....

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Its more time consuming disabling the settings manually than getting Skyrim up and running after I kill my mod setup....

Yeah, I know. I just don't like having unnecessary applications on my PC

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

5 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

They have passively cooled GTX 1050 and RX 460, but they're not low-profile sadly. That's an interesting mod idea though. if I could get the right sized heatsinks.

6 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

No you missed the point and it all comes down to cost.

They don't have any issue with those who buys low end cards for basic use when it cost less than $30-50 dollars. But these cards cost like $80 to $100 dollars and they are crap in terms of gaming performance and overkill for basic use. The user can spent a bit more and get a proper entry level gaming card that offers better specs.

Video cards for basic use, $30-$50, okay that's fine

Video card for basic use, $80-$100, not okay, wasting too much on it and yet crap for games

Proper entry level gaming card $150-$200

Oh for God sake. Yet again you missed the point and started to sound like Linus and Luke.

It's not about specs and spending a bit more and getting the best for your buck.

It's about, will this card allow me to use my PC? Yes.

That's it.

4 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Oh for God sake. Yet again you missed the point and started to sound like Linus and Luke.

It's not about specs and spending a bit more and getting the best for your buck.

That's it.

Yes, but the problem is that something like a GT x10 would be a better choice for most of those people and would be cheaper. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Their Iris and Iris Pro are not terrible igpus.

2 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

That's it.

So a $30 to $50 dollar basic video card will not let you use your PC?!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yes, but the problem is that something like a GTx10 would be a better choice for most of those people and would be cheaper. 

Much like my PCX5750 (still amazed that I can run it under Windows 7, let alone my older FX5500 with 2x Pentium III 1GHz)

PMSL

Just now, NumLock21 said:

So a $30 to $50 dollar basic video card will not let you use your PC?!

How much is this going to be?

29 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I didn't even notice any performance or running experience changes when I installed anit-beacon.  In fact I forgot that I even did install it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

I didn't even notice any performance or running experience changes when I installed anit-beacon.  In fact I forgot that I even did install it.

That'd be because its not aimed at anything that could affect performance. I was just stating that I use anti-beacon with Windows 10.

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

That'd be because its not aimed at anything that could affect performance. I was just stating that I use anti-beacon with Windows 10.

ahh,  I thought there might have been some reported slows like you occasionally see with some antivirus and spyware programs.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 minutes ago, dexT said:

Around $80~ would be my guess.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, dexT said:

Its main competitor is the AMD RX550 which has a MSRP of $80 dollars. Nvidia might price this around $70 to $80 dollars.

On newegg, most expensive RX550 is $110

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

It's main competitor is the AMD RX550 which has a MSRP of $80 dollars. Nvidia might price this around $70 to $80 dollars.

Yuk. Ok I thought it was going to be $30-$50 like the 710 and 730.

34 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Does that mess up Windows update?

32 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

iirc HD 630 is a bit ahead of AMD's 7860k.

That's a rather bad AMD card I assume?

15 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Their Iris and Iris Pro are not terrible igpus.

Ok but almost nothing has those.  Most Intel CPUs have the standard Intel iGPUs.