New Gaming Chair company for you to try !!!

MENINBLK

Hello Linus,

On my Facebook page this morning, I got an ad about a new Gaming Chair company offering a special discount for their launch.

The company is called Secret Lab.

https://secretlab.co/us?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpe&utm_campaign=us-april-launch&utm_content=030417

Try out one of their chairs and let us know how well made or JUNK they are !!!

Pete...

Doesn't look like they ship to Canada...

Not affiliated with Sectretlab whatsoever...lol :P 

Looks great...personally I can't afford one right now...but I'm going to be in the market for a racing seat at some point. I've been trying to get a comfortable Steel Battalion setup dialed in recently, but that's probably an edge-case at this point. :D

Ooh...it's nice in orange... https://secretlab.co/us/product/omega  (Linus's favourite colour) :D

...I know, i'll stop.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Whats the current infatuation with bucket seat gaming chairs? 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

2 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Whats the current infatuation with bucket seat gaming chairs? 

They should just send an orange one to Linus. ;) 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Why must all gaming chairs be so gotty looking with the racing thing? This is an instant turn off for me

4 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

Gaming chairs are overrated IMO.

If I had the cash I might buy one, if it was a nice design (and I must say that Omega chair looks pretty cool)...but I'm not sure what makes them particularly beneficial for gaming...?

...if you could lock it in place so that you wouldn't spin in a circle when pushing race-wheel peddles it might be a little more attractive a proposition?

I just got Steel Batallion and I can't press the peddles or shift the throttle without everything sliding around, so still ironing out the bugs.

But I definitely want to pick up a racing seat at some point, just to get everything locked in place and a comfortable seating position for operating it all.

These look like Maxnomic chairs tbh

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Syphno said:

Why must all gaming chairs be so gotty looking with the racing thing? This is an instant turn off for me

Because racing seats are designed for long races. Not so much to be comfortable, but to not hurt you in hour 20 in the 24 hours at le mans.

Hm... No cup holder, no food tray, no USB ports, no RGB lights... 0/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

Site isn't really well made. Maybe chairs are better. But Linus doesn't really do chair reviews. Unless company sends them one. And for so small market area, I doubt they will. If they only have Australia, few asian countries and US (not Canada even), its very limited market overview.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Gaming chairs really depend on the person and preference. Some say they are overrated or not up to their preference. 

I was in the U.S. military and developed some back problems while in. Now when I sit in certain chairs for long times I get back problems or something along those lines. Ever since I got my DXRacer the back pain never usually happens or it's extremely limited. I prefer these due to back problems and for sitting for a few hours at a time. 

Not trying to sell anyone on a DXRacer just making some points here. If you don't prefer or don't need it then why get it? It just helped in my situation. 

I can't really say either way that this is a great company to buy from since I've never purchased from them, but competition usually does help to drive down the prices so I welcome it with open arms generally.  

I'm glad to see that the gaming chair community has expanded out. 

"We do not ship to this destination."

Ok then.

International is just a select few countries while US is literally just US. They don't ship to Canada at all. I don't see how LTT would go about trying one of these expensive chairs without a sponsorship or contact with this company.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Herman Miller Aeron chair over any "gaming chair" any day.

7 minutes ago, Myxzoid said:

Herman Miller Aeron chair over any "gaming chair" any day

I do agree, after trying Aeron nothing ever could replace it, but the thing is that even the cheapest used Aeron in good condition cost 3 times more (2 times if you're lucky) than other proper office chairs, depending on the location. Most people either don't have, or don't want to throw that kind of money on a chair. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Please, if there's a chair manufacturer CEO or designer in here, for chrissake MAKE A CHAIR OUT OF A SUSPENSION SEAT, these are sooooo gooood.

baja-ss-01_1.thumb.jpg.18f544892cac415f67c7bd4334b5d0eb.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

11 hours ago, Text79 said:

Because racing seats are designed for long races. Not so much to be comfortable, but to not hurt you in hour 20 in the 24 hours at le mans.

Racing seats are designed to keep you in place...not always for long races.

But I agree, they're not made for comfort. Otherwise we'd see them in luxury cars.

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

"We do not ship to this destination."

Ok then.

International is just a select few countries while US is literally just US. They don't ship to Canada at all. I don't see how LTT would go about trying one of these expensive chairs without a sponsorship or contact with this company.

It wouldn't at all be hard to pick it up from a US address.

6 hours ago, Myxzoid said:

Herman Miller Aeron chair over any "gaming chair" any day.

Hell yeah, especially when they can be had for quite a cheap price on eBay.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Ahh the "Gaming Tax." I will say this Ikea chair is starting to get a bit worn in only after a year. Why is it difficult to find a great chair with tons of support at a reasonable price and doesn't look like I'm Dale Earnhardt.