A Rant about LTT's Latest $1000 Build Guide

Just now, ONOTech said:

I'll play Devil's Advocate for a hot minute.

• AMD may not have released the Ryzen R5 series at the time of the video either.

R5 was launched almost a month ago, this video should have been released then if not just to not make LTT look bad. But even sticking with Intel, $1000 for a 580+7500 is bad. 

Just now, ONOTech said:
  • It's a sponsored build, so they were already in the hole $250. This build is actually $750, and there's no way you can put an R5 1600 + GTX 1070 combo for $750 comfortable excluding mail-in-rebates and flash deals.

You can put an R5 1400 in for that price, and that will still be better. Or a 7600k+580+hdd+16gb of ram. There are a lot of better things they could have done. 

Just now, ONOTech said:
  • 8 GB of RAM is fine for gaming.

That doesn't excuse the fact that money was poorly spent, they could've still gone with 8gb of ram and put that money towards a better system (although we're at the edge of 8gb being okay).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 5/4/2017 at 10:41 PM, DocSwag said:

<rant>

First of all cool build but Ryzen had problems with high speed memory sticks and so putting a memory that is not on motherboard QVL list might not work or might not guarantee it to reach its advertised speed

Second of all, PSU and cooler is not from BeQuiet. This is a BQ sponsored build, having only 1 BQ component that cost $80 doesn't feel sponsored at all

HyperX Fury is not a really great performing SSD much, it doesn't do any better than UV400 that was originally in the build. SL308 is a nice alternative for similar price. Yes the review below compares 120GB vs 240GB but the difference shouldn't be much but in most case, higher capacity usually have higher performance/speed.

Spoiler

UV400-240gb-hG11.gif

hyperXfury240-g01.gif

http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Kingston-SSDNow-UV400-240GB-vs-HyperX-Fury-120GB/m137815vs2586

and some more, look up reviews

All that I am saying is

If you want to make an argument

Better

Make

It

BETTER

So here is my proposed list

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($294.89 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B250 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($80.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Team Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: SK hynix SL308 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.33 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB AORUS 8G Video Card  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 600 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.90 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Other: BQ Pure Power 10 500W ($55.90)
Total: $996.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-04 12:05 EDT-0400

Obviously you see the GPU power is worse than yours but instead:

Ryzen 5 or intel core i7? Well I want to stick with i7 for a while and it would be a more straightforward comparison. An i7 7700 is definately better than an i5 7600 in that build that Linus proposed originally. It's also on par with a Ryzen 5 iirc

The cooler is from BQ. LP cooler that costs ~5 dollars cheaper performs louder a bit which is what matters when putting an aftermarket cooler on a locked core i7

Motherboard is the cheapest ATX board for Kaby Lake (200 series)

A BQ case with window. Yes I can do that.

A BQ PSU, had to put custom part as pcpp doesn't show up most BQ PSU. It's a TIER 3 PSU with silver efficiency (lol that's rare af). Unfortunately it is non-modular.

Saved some extra bucks by getting a Seagate Barracuda instead of WD Blue.

Better SSD that costs also cheaper. Yeah right :D

Here is how it performs, very close to a 850 Evo.

Yes it's a budget build so few extra MB/s read/write won't matter but it's also cheap so why not?

Spoiler

th01.png.9cb1685443a9c00691e32d399e780ade.png

Spoiler

th002.png.b324c2fe88f0b1af8730d55db6f7f0bc.png

And there are more benchmarks to validate my claim on this SSD

RAM sticks was chosen to match the black color scheme, Intel on the other hand doesn't have much RAM issues and does not benefit from higher speed RAM much. But in anycase the motherboard supports up to 2400Mhz anyway so having faster RAM will be a waste since it will be downclocked to 2400

The GPU was chosen since it's only a bit more than the regular Gigabyte G1 but have newer design and cooler than the old G1

Here is the proof, the first is G1

Spoiler

480g1.thumb.png.260a38b2c1606e06f7f54fa521828182.png480g2.png.46d65df24ac4db9a154efa00453d66a8.png

And now onto Auros card (note this is not the better XTR card). Yes the fan speed however are little higher but it manages to keep it all under 80 with random spike to 81.

Spoiler

rx-570-freq-v-temp_1.png.c346298500f44005d9006e15dc2be8c2.png

</rant over>

edit: fixing my pictures

edit2: picture fixed

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Yes, but it still hurts them.

The thing is, doing this builds not a loyal fanbase that will stick with you, but an unstable fanbase that is likely to abandon you. If you're looking to the future, a loyal fanbase that will stick to watching your videos is what you want, since an unstable fanbase leads to a lower view/sub ratio. 

Honesty counts for little in the corporate world. Doublespeak, backroom dealings, not-pologies - none of these things affect the flow of money.

As for a loyal "fanbase", there really isn't any such thing on a large scale in the real world. "Loyal" fans can turn on you and be lost pretty quickly, and that isn't always something that is easily controllable. In any case, statistics show that their channel is enjoying accelerating growth right now, so we have to assume that what they are doing is working.

30 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

but they are starting to become a sort of corporation that stops paying attention to their real fan base for money.

This argument can be further backed up by the click bait thumbnails. According to the latest honest answers, they wanted to reach out to more people, which is why they went with the click bait thumb nail.

I have been a LTT subscriber for three years, and the only reason why i never sub to many channels is because of the click-bait thumbnails and the pointless faff. LTT used to bash things hard verbally, their bad innuendos and professionalism and commitment and honesty is what attracted me and has had subbed for 3 years now, I only watch LTT for tech, no JayzTwo, no Austin evans, no BitWit; just LTT. But now, it fells like the reasons to stick to LTT are slipping

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

13 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

R5 was launched almost a month ago, this video should have been released then if not just to not make LTT look bad. But even sticking with Intel, $1000 for a 580+7500 is bad. 

You can put an R5 1400 in for that price, and that will still be better. Or a 7600k+580+hdd+16gb of ram. There are a lot of better things they could have done. 

That doesn't excuse the fact that money was poorly spent, they could've still gone with 8gb of ram and put that money towards a better system (although we're at the edge of 8gb being okay).

8GiB isn't good for regular shit anymore in my experience, having a couple of laptops that I haven't bothered bumping  to 16 yet, im hitting a wall a lot, especially with photoshop. And how you spend 1k on a PC and end up with an amount of memory that I would classify as budget is beyond me. I mean consoles have 8GB of memory. Yah, it's shared, but come on. Be better than consoles for 1k

I even question only 8 for just gaming alone, even if you're gonna spend money on a PC and only use it for one thing, like I did. My gaming PC only has 16GB of memory, because I though that's all I needed and can add more later. But I did consider that I needed 16 and 8 wouldn't be enough. And I hardly use that one for anything but gaming and as an HTPC. My budget was much higher, but I wouldn't have built a machine with 8 even if my budget was say 500. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Throwing this out there... I really only use the LTT forum anymore. The LTT videos I have stopped watching over a year ago. It's been said and I will restate, it's all about that $$$!

I was going to post something similar to these opinions in the video thread, but didn't want to get jumped on by a bunch of die hard LMG Blowjob enthusiasts 

Sponsored videos are fine IMO, they have their place. A build guide which is basically what people watch when they have a particular budget, want the most they can get out of their money and also want it to look good/know what they're going to end up with.

Using parts simply because your sponsor asked you to, rather than because they're what's most appropriate for the build, is borderline... 

bdd_sellout_adam_bgjd.jpg

35 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Compare to its older build guide, this video's editing is not that great too.... so ....

I felt that we are beating the dead horse right now. 

The horse is so dead that it's just a skeleton at this point.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Throwing this out there... I really only use the LTT forum anymore. The LTT videos I have stopped watching over a year ago. It's been said and I will restate, it's all about that $$$!

I literally only watch the wan show, everything else is just click bait "fun" videos full of sexual jokes that a 12 year old would make. 

probably getting a warning but I wish oc3d did more videos. They are I'm depth and honest. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Cutest-Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF.gif

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just want to add.. Why did Linus insist on putting thermal paste first, then flipping it around to attach brackets etc.

He even says a few seconds later to reapply thermal paste that might have been smeared by accident while doing those things..It makes no sense..Just put thermal paste on as soon as you are ready to mount the cooler? 

Just now, vorticalbox said:

I literally only watch the wan show, everything else is just click bait "fun" videos full of sexual jokes that a 12 year old would make. 

probably getting a warning but I wish oc3d did more videos. They are I'm depth and honest. 

Not to mention in today's day and age... with access to the all-powerful internet and what not...

Just do research from multiple sources, don't JUST watch LTT and say, OK I'm doing this now!

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Not to mention in today's day and age... with access to the all-powerful internet and what not...

Just do research from multiple sources, don't JUST watch LTT and say, OK I'm doing this now!

i normally spend hours doing research before buying anything however, most people don't. They want advice that is easy to follow even if it not the best advice.

Just now, vorticalbox said:

i normally spend hours doing research before buying anything however, most people don't. They want advice that is easy to follow even if it not the best advice.

This is why we can't have nice things.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

This is why we can't have nice things.

haha yeah. I won't be leaving the community because I don't luke their videos as much now.

This community is great. 

27 minutes ago, SSL said:

Honesty counts for little in the corporate world. Doublespeak, backroom dealings, not-pologies - none of these things affect the flow of money.

As for a loyal "fanbase", there really isn't any such thing on a large scale in the real world. "Loyal" fans can turn on you and be lost pretty quickly, and that isn't always something that is easily controllable. In any case, statistics show that their channel is enjoying accelerating growth right now, so we have to assume that what they are doing is working.

i guess its up to the morals of the company, i would never reduce quality for quantity, if that means slower growth so be it 

28 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

To be frank, copying anyone's build log down to the exact hardware, no matter how reputable or whatever they are, is doing a build wrong. Use a build log for ideas, not for your actual build. If you're copying someone's build log to the letter, you're not thinking for yourself. But if you're someone who just wants a PC to play games on and decides to follow a random build, then okay.

I mean, people still buy pre-built systems despite the PCMR telling them how ducking glorious and money saving it is to build your own.

Agreed, but they're still usually used as a base for a build, which means people will be following it relatively closely.

25 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

-snippidy dippidy-

First of all, woah why are you here :P

Second of all, yeah that's probably a better build, but it only backs up my main point that the build was wayyyyyyyy hooorrrribbbbllly unbalanced.

As for the RAM sticks, they were just cheap so I said why not.

24 minutes ago, SSL said:

Youtube is very much a different type of thing to be on though.

Growth doesn't correlate to views, either.

I looked back a year and while LTT is getting less views on average, I believe the amount by which their average views/video has increased is less than their subscriber increase. Evidencing my point that loyal fans can be more important.

My point is, being honest SHOULD be in the interest of LTT right now.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

yeah his top amazon items build found here-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f6C3JFH8_HeF3bVK-WlIxD8JKXbEJIUf9dMGhzXqHAY/edit#gid=0 

has his PC listings to totaling around 1800 dollars AFTER mouse, keyboard, monitor and headset I mean come on that is around 1000 bucks if I am not mistaken the point is that yes it is a sponsored video but I don't understand why not do a build using these parts? If I was LTT I would do another build using these parts that the viewers have picked out not your sponsor.

45 minutes ago, XHAD said:

yeah his top amazon items build found here-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f6C3JFH8_HeF3bVK-WlIxD8JKXbEJIUf9dMGhzXqHAY/edit#gid=0 

has his PC listings to totaling around 1800 dollars AFTER mouse, keyboard, monitor and headset I mean come on that is around 1000 bucks if I am not mistaken the point is that yes it is a sponsored video but I don't understand why not do a build using these parts? If I was LTT I would do another build using these parts that the viewers have picked out not your sponsor.

I don't think that's really relevant tho, this is just a build for the pc, not monitor and peripherals.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

This is what I posted on the video thread.. makes sense here too. 

It used to be a YouTuber techy being married to Intel and/or NVidia was no big deal. Now that Ryzen is out, and competes well with Intel that is no longer the case.. and the longer the marriage is in place, more they will be getting called on it.

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

I don't think that's really relevant tho, this is just a build for the pc, not monitor and peripherals.

I tho k his point was when you take all that out you are left with a build around $1000.

3 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

The forum is so much better in terms of information about pc building and other stuff. 

I hope this forum is here forever. 

His youtube channel? I dont really care after seeing the trend lately. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

39 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

The forum is so much better in terms of information about pc building and other stuff. 

I hope this forum is here forever. 

His youtube channel? I dont really care after seeing the trend lately. 

The forum has it's own problems, which I have discussed elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, SSL said:

The forum has it's own problems, which I have discussed elsewhere. 

Overall though I think it's pretty good, with people that are much more educated than those in other places like r/buildapc

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I suppose they will make another "honest answers" video addressing this issue and trying to justify it? eh...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)