Best Mouse for FPS gaming (not a repost)

Altecice

Yes sorry in advance

I know we just had a thread about mouses but instead of me hijacking his thread I thought I would make my own.

I am currently using a Razer Naga Molten core and it was great when I was MMO gaming (12 buttons and all)

But now I have been to WoW-Rehab and I play mostly FPS (BF4). Its not very good for this, I loose my grip as there is no proper rubber grip around the sides

so I am really looking for a good FPS mouse.

I want to see what people use also a side question what DPI do you all use when FPS gaming? :P

I use 1500dpi.

I also hear Optical is better than Laser mouses ? something about inbuilt acceleration within Lasers..... 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

i use 3500 dpi, and i use an g500, i like it, it has a couple of buttons on it.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i use the deathadder 2013 and love it. Using it at around 3500dpi 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Rocking my 1 year old deathadder 3.5G

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Razer DeathAdder 2013

Logitech G400 & G400s

SteelSeries Rival

Zowie FK

Zowie AM

Zowie EC1/2 Evo

CM Storm Spawn

(Razer Abyssus)

Personally I'm using G400 for FPS games and a Razer Abyssus for RTS.

http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=post&id=2024663

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Im currently torn between a death adder and the new steel series =/

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Logitech mx518 at 800dpi. Shit on skrubz all day.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

I just bought the DeathAdder 2013 and it feels amazing! 

Yes sorry in advance

I know we just had a thread about mouses but instead of me hijacking his thread I thought I would make my own.

I am currently using a Razer Naga Molten core and it was great when I was MMO gaming (12 buttons and all)

But now I have been to WoW-Rehab and I play mostly FPS (BF4). Its not very good for this, I loose my grip as there is no proper rubber grip around the sides

so I am really looking for a good FPS mouse.

I want to see what people use also a side question what DPI do you all use when FPS gaming? :P

I use 1500dpi.

I also hear Optical is better than Laser mouses ? something about inbuilt acceleration within Lasers..... 

If you're looking for the best mouse, objectively, for FPS gaming? Optical is indeed better than laser mice and for precisely the reason you stated. You'd want to get a Corsair M40 over a Corsair M65, for example.

DPI-wise, I use 800. That's as low as I can go without it becoming impractical due to my grip (if you read the other thread, you'll get why I think lower sens is better ;)).

Back to the mouse itself, a Deathadder seems like the logical conclusion. It has grips on the sides, a perfect sensor and it's what the Naga's shape was deviated from, so it should be (comparatively) an easy transition.

If you're looking for the best mouse, objectively, for FPS gaming? Optical is indeed better than laser mice and for precisely the reason you stated. You'd want to get a Corsair M40 over a Corsair M65, for example.

DPI-wise, I use 800. That's as low as I can go without it becoming impractical due to my grip (if you read the other thread, you'll get why I think lower sens is better ;)).

Back to the mouse itself, a Deathadder seems like the logical conclusion. It has grips on the sides, a perfect sensor and it's what the Naga's shape was deviated from, so it should be (comparatively) an easy transition.

Yeah I am thinking this as well, but the steelseries rival just looks like a deathadder with a re-brand so i am torn between what one :P

Yeah I am thinking this as well, but the steelseries rival just looks like a deathadder with a re-brand so i am torn between what one :P

Supposedly the Rival is heavier and the side buttons look like they're more "out of the way", but then seeing as you had a Naga, I doubt accidentally pressing the side-buttons was an issue for you.

Edit: Deathadder cable is braided, Rival's isn't. Again, preference-dependent.

Objectively they're equal. You can't really go wrong with either one.

Razer DeathAdder 2013

Logitech G400 & G400s

SteelSeries Rival

Zowie FK

Zowie AM

Zowie EC1/2 Evo

CM Storm Spawn

(Razer Abyssus)

For FPS (and in my opinion all gaming that doesn't require heaps of macros) you shouldn't get anything apart from what is listed above as their perfect sensor is really the most important feature. Having DPI buttons on the top side of the mouse is also pretty handy. Unless the mouse has a really unusual shape you should be able to get it to work with your grip style as well. I've got a G400, which is considered a palm grip, but claw gripping and fingertip gripping (which is what I use) are just as if not more comfortable.

Supposedly the Rival is heavier and the side buttons look like they're more "out of the way", but then seeing as you had a Naga, I doubt accidentally pressing the side-buttons was an issue for you.

Edit: Deathadder cable is braided, Rival's isn't. Again, preference-dependent.

Objectively they're equal. You can't really go wrong with either one.

For FPS (and in my opinion all gaming that doesn't require heaps of macros) you shouldn't get anything apart from what is listed above as their perfect sensor is really the most important feature. Having DPI buttons on the top side of the mouse is also pretty handy. Unless the mouse has a really unusual shape you should be able to get it to work with your grip style as well. I've got a G400, which is considered a palm grip, but claw gripping and fingertip gripping (which is what I use) are just as if not more comfortable.

Funny you should say this, my main issue with this mouse is I loose grip around the edges as it has no rubber pads. Also I had to disable all 12 buttons else I would be in a gunfight and...... out comes my medpack.

I use the tips of my fingers to grip the mouse and my palm has almost no contact so I guess you would call that the claw grip? 

And i hear the deathadder is quite large and my hands are quite small so im unsure if that would affect anything.

Funny you should say this, my main issue with this mouse is I loose grip around the edges as it has no rubber pads. Also I had to disable all 12 buttons else I would be in a gunfight and...... out comes my medpack.

I use the tips of my fingers to grip the mouse and my palm has almost no contact so I guess you would call that the claw grip? 

And i hear the deathadder is quite large and my hands are quite small so im unsure if that would affect anything.

I'd call that fingertip grip, claw grip still has your palm in contact. Fingertip gripping the G400/s works well because there are ridges that your thumb and pinky rest under which allows a solid grip even when lifting the mouse up to reposition it or making fast reflex movements.

But it all depends on how you want to hold the mouse really, and as I learnt that can change after you use it for a while.

Optical all the way. Laser sucks. Also be sure to choose a good mousepad.(either lower or higher friction based on your preference). DPI doesnt matter its a gimmick for the most part.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Well they say assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. I was going to ask your grip earlier and then realized that since you used a Naga, you must have a palm grip...

As it is, I'm guessing you're a fingertip gripper that only incidentally makes palm-contact due to your mouse being too large? Going off that assumption, see if you like the look of the CM Storm Spawn, Razer Abyssus or Razer Krait 2013. They'd be ideal size-wise, but unfortunately small mice tend to be rather feature-sparse, with the Spawn being the only one that even has side buttons. If you're okay with something larger, then the Zowie EC2 Evo, Roccat Savu, Roccat Kone Pure Optical and Corsair M40 are all a step smaller than mice like the DA, Rival, G400 etc.

Well they say assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. I was going to ask your grip earlier and then realized that since you used a Naga, you must have a palm grip...

As it is, I'm guessing you're a fingertip gripper that only incidentally makes palm-contact due to your mouse being too large? Going off that assumption, see if you like the look of the CM Storm Spawn, Razer Abyssus or Razer Krait 2013. They'd be ideal size-wise, but unfortunately small mice tend to be rather feature-sparse, with the Spawn being the only one that even has side buttons. If you're okay with something larger, then the Zowie EC2 Evo, Roccat Savu, Roccat Kone Pure Optical and Corsair M40 are all a step smaller than mice like the DA, Rival, G400 etc.

Thanks for the reply, i was attracted to this :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009DYOPK0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007MPVRQC&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=076FNC4TR7WX4CV2T7EA

any opinion? its just like the savu only more feature rich.

Unfortunately it isn't. It's larger in size and it has a laser sensor. The only other FPS mouse Roccat make is the Kone Pure Optical.

the M65 is nice

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

I do yous a g500 it is fantastic for FPS. I have youst countles other but i end up back on the g500, and its not the priciest eather. the butons are good fore stuf like a sniper buton or just fast reloading.

:):):):):):):)

mx518, g400, g400s, intellimouse 1.1 or 3.0 (if you can find either)

I recommend the Logitech G500s, very good grip. it has the course sandpaper kinda grip all around, and it performs great. though I recommend going to your local retailer and trying one out first.