Best Mouse for FPS gaming (not a repost)

Altecice

Well they say assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. I was going to ask your grip earlier and then realized that since you used a Naga, you must have a palm grip...

As it is, I'm guessing you're a fingertip gripper that only incidentally makes palm-contact due to your mouse being too large? Going off that assumption, see if you like the look of the CM Storm Spawn, Razer Abyssus or Razer Krait 2013. They'd be ideal size-wise, but unfortunately small mice tend to be rather feature-sparse, with the Spawn being the only one that even has side buttons. If you're okay with something larger, then the Zowie EC2 Evo, Roccat Savu, Roccat Kone Pure Optical and Corsair M40 are all a step smaller than mice like the DA, Rival, G400 etc.

I'd call that fingertip grip, claw grip still has your palm in contact. Fingertip gripping the G400/s works well because there are ridges that your thumb and pinky rest under which allows a solid grip even when lifting the mouse up to reposition it or making fast reflex movements.

But it all depends on how you want to hold the mouse really, and as I learnt that can change after you use it for a while.

Thanks for both your inputs and i cant believe its taken me this long but!

I think im going to go for the ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical.

I believe it to fit my small/med hand size well, its optical (400dpi but who really cares i use 800 for gaming, 2200 for normal)

looks great and seems to fit my idea grip 

any reasons i shouldn't?

Thanks alot :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

any reasons i shouldn't?

The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't have the most substantial side-grips, but I imagine the shape alone will solve the "losing your grip" issues you had with the Naga,

I think either the G400s, the Deathadder 2013, or the Roccat Kone(optical); are the three best FPS mice on the market right now. All three have almost perfect tracking so dont pick one or the other based on that. I choose those because they have different grips and one person might prefer another. My philosophy is that there is no best mouse, personal preference dictates which mouse you will play the best with.

The Deathadder2013 is really good for palm grips and can also be clawed however the G400s is better for that. The G400s was practically built for claw grippers but I find it alright to palm as well (aw hell I just broke my own classification system already). The Roccat Kone does both well but it costs more, but probably favors the claw grip even still.

The Kone has probably the best build quality however the price tag ensures that, the DA2013 also has very nice build quality and I expect it to last a long time. Logitech mice in the past have fallen apart however the G400s feels like a higher quality product than the G400 did, and with Logitech's amazing warranty you can practically receive an infinite amount of them.

For FPS play those are the only mice I recommend. And because I am bored I might include a mini writing about sensitivity and why I use 400 dpi always but Ill include it in spoiler tags because it will be long.

Never mind I can't figure out how to do it... here goes:

I firmly believe low sensitivity is superior to high sensitivity but not because of sheer range of motion like most people cite (but I think that is a definite pro). I think everyone has a sensitivity that they will play the best with, it is a matter of finding it. But I think that most people never actually find it because they regularly play at higher sensitivities. When was the last time you actually spent an extended period of time gradually testing various sensitivities? I think if people gradually lower sensitivity and test them out for an extended period of time they will eventually reach a point where their crosshair will fall short of the target similar to the way your crosshair would fly past them if your sensitivity is high. I think the point just above that is the ideal sensitivity for a person.

A lot of argument for the high sensitivity is that you can turn around quickly and snap to targets faster but if you actually watch a professional CS match those players have no problem snapping to targets extremely quickly so I find the argument that lower sens players are at a disadvantage there to be false. Not only that but I can't think of an FPS where you need to be turning around constantly to fight people(and if you DO have to turn around constantly you are doing something wrong:)). 

So yeah in summary low sensitivity (I think anyway) is better than high because I think if you were to give it a chance you would find you prefer it. I used to play a somewhat middle ground sensitivity but over the course of several weeks I lowered my sensitivity to what it is now and I think I am playing much much better.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

mx518, g400, g400s, intellimouse 1.1 or 3.0 (if you can find either)

Intellimouse 3.0s are impossible to find now. I've tried to order 2 and both were fake knock offs.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The only thing I can think of is that it doesn't have the most substantial side-grips, but I imagine the shape alone will solve the "losing your grip" issues you had with the Naga,

It wasn't really the side grips that i was looking for my old Logitech m518 had the same general shape as the pure optical and i loved that mouse + its made for smaller hands so that's a win. the only reason i loose grip on this mouse at the moment is due to me trying not to hit the 12 mmo buttons on the side.

-snip-

Funny you should say this between the time of making this read and now I have spent a few hours on Battlefield 4 tweaking my DPI. I often found that I would struggle to keep aim on a moving target at 1800dpi (how much of that is down to laser I am not sure) or just snapping past targets but I got used to that DPI for years. so I spent a good few hours turning it down until I felt I hit my limit as to "too low" and right now im running BF4 at 800dpi/90FoV/20% in game sensitivity. I find tracking and snapping so much easier and I can hold my aim where I couldn't before. also one full movement of my grip type = 180 degrees turn so that worked out well

I also agree with what you say, I don't have an issue lifting my mouse quickly and repositioning it to the start so I can continue my spin in game, I loose almost 0 time and realistically i would just spin the other way.

Intellimouse 3.0s are impossible to find now. I've tried to order 2 and both were fake knock offs.

Well as i stated i went with the Roccat Crone Pure Optical but thanks for the input :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I got the Razer Deathadder a month ago and i'm loving it, i also had a Deathadder 3.5g before that.

Razer may make some shitty products but the deathadders are great.

Yeah i was trying to find one a while back and did find some on ebay but i was a bit sceptical of them being knock off's or real so i left it, thanks for confirming,

Hey! As a big FPS fan I can tell you there's no such thing as "the best mouse". It all comes down to personal preference. Oh, and never get a laser mouse. Even with acceleration turned off, you'll still get a bit of it. You don't want that! I suggest your read these 2 articles, they helped me a lot.

http://www.overclock.net/t/951894/the-truthful-mouse-guide

http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide

Hey! As a big FPS fan I can tell you there's no such thing as "the best mouse". It all comes down to personal preference. Oh, and never get a laser mouse. Even with acceleration turned off, you'll still get a bit of it. You don't want that! I suggest your read these 2 articles, they helped me a lot.

http://www.overclock.net/t/951894/the-truthful-mouse-guide

http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide

I really enjoyed those links! I think a lot of people have heard people say to choose laser or optical over the other without really knowing why others say that. At least not in detail. 

I really enjoyed those links! I think a lot of people have heard people say to choose laser or optical over the other without really knowing why others say that. At least not in detail. 

Haha, yeah, I know. I don't really like laser mostly because of the acceleration and poor tracking on surfaces that are not optimized for it or surfaces with drawings/more colors of them. I also noticed laser sensors tend to "break" faster. I really want to go away from my current mouse and I think I'll go for the Steelseries Rival.