A flying car!! But its not cheap!

Lilninjsways

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/20/15369850/lilium-jet-flying-car-first-flight-vtol-aviation-munich

Spoiler

IT’S THE SAME BATTERY THAT YOU CAN FIND IN ANY TESLA.”

The craft is powered by 36 separate jet engines mounted on its 10-meter long wings via 12 movable flaps. At take-off, the flaps are pointed downwards to provide vertical lift. And once airborne, the flaps gradually tilt into a horizontal position, providing forward thrust.

During the tests, the jet was piloted remotely, but its operators say their first manned flight is close-at-hand. And Lilium claims that its electric battery “consumes around 90 percent less energy than drone-style aircraft,” enabling the aircraft to achieve a range of 300 kilometers (183 miles) with a maximum cruising speed of 300 kph (183 mph).

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

read this:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the  :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Just now, tlink said:

read this:

let me add some quotes sorry bout that :,D

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

You did not even try man

3 minutes ago, tlink said:

read this:

fixed it 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Lilninjsways said:

-snip-

fix for night theme uses? the quotes are super hard to read

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

flying cars are pretty fucking dumb if you ask me. why do we even need to travel vertically inside city's where another solution wouldn't be more energy efficient? i mean probs for cool factor but if we where so crowded that we needed to travel vertically we would probably just get car lifts to change floors. commercial air travel is only viable because its such a long cruise at high altitude with so many people, you won't get that in flying cars.

I overlooked this post twice because I misread it as flying Carl which sounded boring

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

sure but right now "highlight" it

Spoiler

sure but right now "highlight" it

my eyes tho :(:P 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

8 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

there ya go bud

Spoiler

there ya go bud

thank you :)

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

thank you :)

any time

Spoiler

Video is taken down

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Must be flying car day...  

http://hothardware.com/news/aeromobil-wants-to-get-your-george-jetson-on-with-its-flying-car

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/20/uber-will-live-stream-its-first-elevate-vtol-summit-april-25-27/

While the concept may seem neat, the practicality of it really doesn't make much sense in an urban environment, especially considering the issues you have with aviation today.  It would be better/more efficient to move more of this traffic into something like mass transit and tunnel systems than to elevate it above the ground, especially with improvements in electric vehicles, batteries and power delivery.

I honestly never want to see the general public get their hands on flying cars. In the rare alternate future where flying cards are a thing I hope the license for it is as strict, if not stricter, than the requirements for being able to fly an actual plane. But owning one would probably be like boats are now - some people have them but most don't because of initial costs and high maintenance fees.

I would be okay with hover cars that only go a few feet off the ground (like 3 ft max) - just to have that smooth ride. Besides the hover, they are just regular cars with the same road rules.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

4 hours ago, GeekJump said:

I honestly never want to see the general public get their hands on flying cars. In the rare alternate future where flying cards are a thing I hope the license for it is as strict, if not stricter, than the requirements for being able to fly an actual plane. But owning one would probably be like boats are now - some people have them but most don't because of initial costs and high maintenance fees.

I would be okay with hover cars that only go a few feet off the ground (like 3 ft max) - just to have that smooth ride. Besides the hover, they are just regular cars with the same road rules.

Flying cars will be a thing when we don't fly them, can't see them ever being allowed under manual human control.

A 55-minute taxi ride from Midtown Manhattan to JFK airport, with a fare of $55, becomes a breezy 5 minute flight in a Lilium jet, for as low as $6.

Me likey!

Details separate people.

Flying cars are atm completely pointless. If you want to go from car to plane you need to be at an airport. You can't just take off when you are stuck in traffic... The law doesn't allow that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Yeah buy such time I'd see autonomous flying cars really, humans each of their own flying manually in air, can't go well...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah buy such time I'd see autonomous flying cars really, humans each of their own flying manually in air, can't go well...

haha i agree but people probably said the same thing about cars and how they go like 150 mph and letting a guy drive it

Spoiler

It's just a vertical takeoff aircraft, if this counts as a flying car then a helicopter does too.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

haha i agree but people probably said the same thing about cars and how they go like 150 mph and letting a guy drive it

If you crash 50 metres up in the air you risk doing a lot more damage than you would in a normal crash - and you'd die for sure even if the crash itself would have been minor.

Besides regulating air traffic would be a nightmare.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

Yeah, I mean sure manual fly driving will be a thing. Though it's just that autonomous driving is already here and getting better, it will be the norm along manual.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |