Google and Huawei under class action investigation for Nexus 6P premature shutdown bug

EunSoo
5 hours ago, Himommies said:

Are there any plans for Fi to come to different countries

Unfortunately I haven't seen any. If you live close to the border you could maybe order it to a location in the US and then pick it up. But then you would have to pay international rates, I don't know how those compare to yours though.

4 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

I'd just take it back to the retailer. 

by now, chances are that their warrenty is long gone. This problem only seems to have started way after people got their phones. Usually you could get the phones fixed by the manufacturer but both Huawei is redirecting the problem to Google and Google has no intention to solve the problem.

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

by now, chances are that their warrenty is long gone. This problem only seems to have started way after people got their phones. Usually you could get the phones fixed by the manufacturer but both Huawei is redirecting the problem to Google and Google has no intention to solve the problem.

If you're on a contract, your warranty is probably two years long. Then there are always claims based upon statutory rights to consider.

1 minute ago, Morgan Everett said:

If you're on a contract, your warranty is probably two years long. Then there are always claims based upon statutory rights to consider.

as far as I know you had to get it unlocked. I got mine straight from the Google Store. I don't know if warrenty would work then

I've been having minor annoyances for the past couple months but chalked it up to "it's getting old". Maybe I was wrong lol. I am having the battery issue where it powers down sometimes (one time it didn't even go into ps mode and just powered down at above 16%). Battery life in general has gone to shit - I remember going a day and a half easy but now I can't even go a full day. Its also randomly freezes and lags out of no where. I have insurance on it but don't see it as a big enough problem to send it in yet.

8 hours ago, Inkz said:

I am using a 6p right now, but Google Fi hasn't updated me to 7.0 for some reason. I have not had the issue, but maybe because of the lack of updates. I definetly had the problem on my LG G4, that was a pain. 

I'm on Fi to and got the update to 7.1.2 on the 5th.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I've had a 6P for over a year now, and while the battery life is miles ahead of my old G4, I still miss the ability of my 6s to last 2 days or more on a charge.

do often pull it out of my pocket asking for a password to start Android, as though it had rebooted in my pocket.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

as far as I know you had to get it unlocked. I got mine straight from the Google Store. I don't know if warrenty would work then

Here in NZ, the device has to work as intended for a reasonably expected amount of time. So like if a fridge broke down after 18 months, out of warranty, the store/manufacturer will still be forced to replace it since a fridge should last like 10 years.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, GeekJump said:

I've been having minor annoyances for the past couple months but chalked it up to "it's getting old". Maybe I was wrong lol. I am having the battery issue where it powers down sometimes (one time it didn't even go into ps mode and just powered down at above 16%). Battery life in general has gone to shit - I remember going a day and a half easy but now I can't even go a full day. Its also randomly freezes and lags out of no where. I have insurance on it but don't see it as a big enough problem to send it in yet.

I'm on Fi to and got the update to 7.1.2 on the 5th.

I have actually contacted Fi a few times and they keep telling me that I will be getting it, but it goes out in waves. I have been told that for the past few months. Maybe that might actually be a good thing for now with all of the issues.

6 hours ago, Thony said:

-snip-

Im so fucking disappointed. When my Nexus 5X starts having problems I will be done with google phones. 

Hopefully return of Nokia can make budget smartphone market great again.

Nokia already does with the 6, no?

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

they advertise coverage in 135 countries and territories. I imagine any account in those areas will work.

List of areas:

https://fi.google.com/about/rates/

Coverage =/= service provider.

55 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

I have owned my 6P since september 2015, and i have no issues with this battery shutdown problem most 6P owners are having. and yes, it is quite a prevalent case. just view the xda forums. 

though i can say that battery life has taken a huge nose dive.. it's really hard to hold onto the 6P now. i suppose i can swap out the battery but disassembling this thing is quite difficult and likely that i'll break something (most likely the visor). 

That's the one reason I never bothered buying one. I saw so many people saying that the battery life is shit after a while. I mean, they say the same thing about the Note5 and I didn't have issues with that one, but the Nexus seemed to have a lot more annoyed people. Sad really. Almost makes me want a phone with a removable battery.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

19 hours ago, Thony said:

Sounds like google half asses their phones. 

Every nexus has an issue after some time... I thought it was LG's fault but its now happening to Huawei too so its Google's fault and they knew it from beginning. 

Im so fucking disappointed. When my Nexus 5X starts having problems I will be done with google phones. 

Hopefully return of Nokia can make budget smartphone market great again.

just because it has happened to two phone makers doesn't make it googles fault.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

just because it has happened to two phone makers doesn't make it googles fault.

Then whos at fault in your opinion ? The company responsible for the device and its proper testing or manufacturer ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

30 minutes ago, Thony said:

Then whos at fault in your opinion ? The company responsible for the device and its proper testing or manufacturer ?

I'm not quite sure who's fault it is but this issue really only started coming up a years and more after the phone was released. Maybe this isn't something that they could have tested. But I still don't like how they are refusing to service the phones or at least offer a fix. 

11 hours ago, Inkz said:

I have actually contacted Fi a few times and they keep telling me that I will be getting it, but it goes out in waves. I have been told that for the past few months. Maybe that might actually be a good thing for now with all of the issues.

Yeah, I like to be the first to try something out but it just keeps f*cken me over lol

My brother (also on Fi with a 6p) doesn't update just out of laziness and he is having much fewer problems.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I did not even know this was a large issue. I thought it was just my batter being shit. I can say for a fact that mine shuts off when it says like 23% battery. Not really too worried about it anymore since I am switching to the Galaxy S8. I do run beta versions of android. Oh well dont really care. 

A lot of Nexus 6P's have the early battery shut down issue, including mine! Luckily, mine got fixed after I had a warranty covered battery replacement. Apparently this is only a workaround, as the battery related firmware itself is bugged and will eventually cause the issue on this new battery again. Still no released "fix".

few Nexus 6P's have the bootloop of death issue, including mine! Luckily, again mine got fixed from my warranty coverage.

I don't know if I will be able to get in on this lawsuit or not, as they usually don't include Canada... but you never know. At this point, I am waiting on yet another critical flaw to crop up on this phone, but luckily my contract is up this fall so I will be able to switch away to something with a bit more testing and QC rigor that Huawei made phones (never again!). I am waiting to see what the new Pixel and OnePlus looks like, but I'll probably get the new OnePlus as I can't bring myself to pony up $1000 or more on a contract to get an Galaxy S8 or a Pixel (2?).

Few times in a winter was -25 was playing pokemon go and it died couple times at 15%.

Havent had this issue for months...

My 6p does restart rarelywhen it bugs up...

But evetyday use no issues