Digital Storm Aura Review

may not be "throttling" but that 1080 sure isn't boosting as high as it could if it wasn't a FE card and really how is that any different from throttling?

20 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Digital Storm All-in-one on their site: http://geni.us/d21bE5

Buy Digital Storm PC on Amazon: http://geni.us/QcOU49B

Which would you choose - an all-in-one like the Digital Storm Aura, or a dedicated gaming PC and a badass monitor? Let us know in the comments!

As fantastic as that is, I'd still go with a compact pc w/a 21" 144 monitor if I wanted to tote it to parties. It would still be about 1k less expensive than their lowest end model.

For home use? Definitely a tower and a kick ass display, again, saving over $1k on every model (the higher up the more you save). I'd be very interested if they sold the monitor @ a 144 refresh with no other components.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

Horrible.

At that price,they could have seriously optimized the cabling at the very least by making some custom smaller length cables (and potentially using higher gauge wires).

God, just that bundle of wires between the power supply and the cpu block would make me reject this instantly.  

wtf.. they have a 450w psu from enhance and a separate 24v 3.75a psu  (90w) ...what a bodge job...

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Horrible.

At that price,they could have seriously optimized the cabling at the very least by making some custom smaller length cables (and potentially using higher gauge wires).

God, just that bundle of wires between the power supply and the cpu block would make me reject this instantly. 

For that price they should have, but re-cable managing it yourself would not break the deal for me (Better gauge would have been nice though out of the box).

wtf.. they have a 450w psu from enhance and a separate 24v 3.75a psu  (90w) ...what a bodge job...

That is pretty odd, though I've done 2 psu jobs before, but on "Please please save me $ builds, not $2k-$3.7k ones.

In all honesty, It is the price. Again, I love building custom cases, working in crazy ones, so if that case was available bare bones, I'd really consider buying one (or encouraging a customer to).

Normally pre-builds are way over priced anyway. I found a crazy deal on Amazon earlier, which I could not build for the price. Not even close. My only gripe was the motherboard, fan, and psu. Nothing to do with an all in one, but check out how inexpensive this is for what you get...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LPZKYJ0/ref=sr_1_6_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1492030694&sr=8-6&keywords=Digital+Storm&condition=used .

The reason that there isn't a different stand available is because the monitor part is a generic OEM part that is also used by scan computers for their 3XS Mirage 34 all in one (also scan does a lot better on the RAM with 3000Mhz as the only standard).

Plus the scan 3XS build also includes a 720p webcam.

2 minutes ago, crzyces said:

. Nothing to do with an all in one, but check out how inexpensive this is for what you get...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LPZKYJ0/ref=sr_1_6_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1492030694&sr=8-6&keywords=Digital+Storm&condition=used .

It's used , like new. the "new" price is probably 100$ or more over that price.

I don't know what motherboard that thing uses, and what power supply it uses. Could use a 40$ basic evga psu, could use a basic matx motherboard ... and a company like can buy memory and motherboards and hard drives in bulk / volume (at cheaper prices than what you'd pay on amazon/newegg/whatever) - at least 10-20% of the price is retailer's profit... so think about that.

I can understand this is probably a very low volume product, maybe they sell less than 500 of these during the life of the product, so probably they didn't want to hire a guy and pay him something like 10-20$ an hour to hand make smaller cables. It's still really ugly to me.

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It's used , like new. the "new" price is probably 100$ or more over that price.

I don't know what motherboard that thing uses, and what power supply it uses. Could use a 40$ basic evga psu, could use a basic matx motherboard ... and a company like can buy memory and motherboards and hard drives in bulk / volume (at cheaper prices than what you'd pay on amazon/newegg/whatever) - at least 10-20% of the price is retailer's profit... so think about that.

I can understand this is probably a very low volume product, maybe they sell less than 500 of these during the life of the product, so probably they didn't want to hire a guy and pay him something like 10-20$ an hour to hand make smaller cables. It's still really ugly to me.

It's a b150 mobo with a 6700k cpu. That's a big no no.

Mod the case for ventilation and put a NORMAL non-blower style video card in there and see what happens to the temps. Sacrificing PERFORMANCE for space never makes sense to me.

20 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Mod the case for ventilation and put a NORMAL non-blower style video card in there and see what happens to the temps. Sacrificing PERFORMANCE for space never makes sense to me.

To me as well. Why should we downgrade, instead of upgrade?

1 hour ago, peej said:

Id buy this instantly if they sold it as a barebaones unit 

Likewise, and I love building cases (The actual case), so that is saying something!

If only there is Mini-ITX motherboards for AMD Ryzen today. I would love to see this computer with AMD Ryzen 

Just want to give this comment some views on here.

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 18.57.59.png

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

@Kierax So when I look at the model description and it says Mushkin ssd it may really be a refurbished adata? WTH? Don't they think people will notice when they add ram, switch whatever inside? That could be a huge lawsuit waiting to happen. Say you have small files of company data on the drive and it fails, costing a medium size business a ton of money/costumers. That's completely illegal.

Since you worked for them, where could I order the barebone case?

Wasn't me who posted that comment, just spotted it when viewing Linus's video and thought I would crosspost it.

I would have thought that Linus would have done some background beforehand..?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

14 hours ago, peej said:

Id buy this instantly if they sold it as a barebaones unit 

Considering that unit is used by several system integrators as I already mentioned, you might be able to find someone who will just supply the bare unit that you can put your own components into.

8 hours ago, Kierax said:

I would have thought that Linus would have done some background beforehand..?

Fake news, SAD.  

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

11 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

Fake news, SAD.  

What is fake? Glassdoor for DigitialStorm is not exactly a beacon of happiness.  Linus said in one of his videos in the past that LMG goes over the background of their companies they promote carefully.  

So did they miss something here?

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

What is fake? Glassdoor for DigitialStorm is not exactly a beacon of happiness.  Linus said in one of his videos in the past that LMG goes over the background of their companies they promote carefully.  

So did they miss something here?

9nohQh4.jpg

I get it was a shitty joke but come on 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

5 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

9nohQh4.jpg

I get it was a shitty joke but come on 

Image result for coffee cat