Is anyone using Ryzen with 64GB of ram? Need to know.

So I've got me an Asus Prime x370-Pro and a Ryzen 1800x. I'm currently using this Ballistix Tactical 16GB kit, but only because all my other ram doesn't work with Ryzen and this board. Is there anyone out there using a 64GB kit (4x16GB) with the Prime x370-Pro, or really any Ryzen board?

I'd check the QVL but it's not reliable seeing as a couple of my other kits are on this list and they don't work with the board.

*edit* Please don't just tell me I should stick with 16 or 32GB. I've upgraded from a 64GB machine to this one, and I need a kit that works with Ryzen. I'm not using this just for gaming FYI. 

Unless you're utilizing the whole 64GB, I wouldn't bother spending an obscene amount of money when you could get 16/32GB of faster RAM that will be fully utilized.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I need my 64GB. I recently upgraded from a machine that had 64GB in it, and the only reason I'm not using it right now is because of the weird compatibility of Ryzen. It's not a question of if, but which one.

I wouldve just bought 32 or 16gb ram.

The geek himself.

3 minutes ago, peabody505 said:

I need my 64GB. I recently upgraded from a machine that had 64GB in it, and the only reason I'm not using it right now is because of the weird compatibility of Ryzen. It's not a question of if, but which one.

Well Corsair Vengeance at 2933mhz I managed to have 32gb running on my Asus board.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Do the kits you have not work with the board because of frequency or just won't work at all even when running at the low clock speeds that ryzen is fine with?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 hours ago, Enderman said:

Do the kits you have not work with the board because of frequency or just won't work at all even when running at the low clock speeds that ryzen is fine with?

They're just not compatible, it's not about clock speed. Just Ryzen compatibility crap.

Ryzen has massive issues with double banked ram and using all 4 sticks, a combo you should avoid for the meantime imo, saying not to tell you that would be asking us to lie. Its a new platform and it's going to take time for all the issues to be ironed out

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, peabody505 said:

They're just not compatible, it's not about clock speed. Just Ryzen compatibility crap.

Probably shouldn't have gotten ryzen if you needed 64+ GB then...

Very few people on this forum have 64GB or more so I highly doubt you will find anyone who has tried a kit with ryzen.

The best you can do is just buy many different ones and test them all and return what doesn't work.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

16 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Snip

There are pepole out there(Media creators Mostly)that need 64gb of ram but I doubt the OP really needs it.Ableton plus 100 plugins barely makes a dent in Ram.But there are pros who need 64gb

Op would you mind telling us what your doing

My life

4 hours ago, Himommies said:

There are pepole out there(Media creators Mostly)that need 64gb of ram but I doubt the OP really needs it.Ableton plus 100 plugins barely makes a dent in Ram.But there are pros who need 64gb

Op would you mind telling us what your doing

Multiple threaded simultaneous video encoding and streaming. Live video production.

*edit* Let me clarify: I ran a live mixed news show a while back, and I'm gearing up to produce a community CS:GO tournament. These productions use multiple camera inputs, graphics processors, screen capture sources. We cut it all together with vMix and CasparCG for graphics. Occasionally we'll render some After Effects comp on the fly if we really need it.

• 4 months later...
On 11/4/2017 at 1:46 AM, peabody505 said:

Multiple threaded simultaneous video encoding and streaming. Live video production.

*edit* Let me clarify: I ran a live mixed news show a while back, and I'm gearing up to produce a community CS:GO tournament. These productions use multiple camera inputs, graphics processors, screen capture sources. We cut it all together with vMix and CasparCG for graphics. Occasionally we'll render some After Effects comp on the fly if we really need it.

Have you found a solution to your problem? I need 64gb too..

On 4/11/2017 at 1:19 AM, peabody505 said:

So I've got me an Asus Prime x370-Pro and a Ryzen 1800x. I'm currently using this Ballistix Tactical 16GB kit, but only because all my other ram doesn't work with Ryzen and this board. Is there anyone out there using a 64GB kit (4x16GB) with the Prime x370-Pro, or really any Ryzen board?

I'd check the QVL but it's not reliable seeing as a couple of my other kits are on this list and they don't work with the board.

*edit* Please don't just tell me I should stick with 16 or 32GB. I've upgraded from a 64GB machine to this one, and I need a kit that works with Ryzen. I'm not using this just for gaming FYI. 

You should've gotten threadripper because it is built for such use, 4 16gb sticks is the worst combo, even Crosshair 6 Hero would have problems.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

29 minutes ago, dave_k said:

You should've gotten threadripper because it is built for such use, 4 16gb sticks is the worst combo, even Crosshair 6 Hero would have problems.

I haven't bought the pc yet  but the threadripper looks a bit expensive, power hungry and oversized for my needs. I am thinking about the intel 7820x.

Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS? I'm running 32GB without an issue on that board.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

8 minutes ago, jubbyju said:

I haven't bought the pc yet  but the threadripper looks a bit expensive, power hungry and oversized for my needs. I am thinking about the intel 7820x.

intel 7820x performs worse/on par with R7.

Threadripper more power efficient than intel, especially Skylake-X

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 hour ago, MSWindowsinside said:

Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS? I'm running 32GB without an issue on that board.

We are speaking about ryzen and 64 gb = 4*16gb modules.

I need the pc for work and ryzen is more efficient than intel  for what??? The 7820x is better than ryzen 1800x and it can handle 128gb of memory. Thread ripper has more cores but it's too expensive and it's good only if you do cpu rendering and anyway i can't find a motherboard for less that 400$...

• 4 months later...

I run 64GB on the Asus Crosshair VI Hero and getting it to just 2,666 took 3 months.  I have run nearly every test bios out there with numerous settings.  I have booted near 2800mhz but nothing higher and nothing stable over 2666.  I unfortunately preordered everything before the full understanding of what Ram modules played best with the Ryzen were.  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) F4-3200C16Q-64GVK  then ram prices went nuts likely due to collusion and not due to the memory needed for cellphones like we were told.  Sure enough there is already an investigation into it.  So maybe I will get a better set of ram for the system in the near future.