GTX 1080 Ti or GTX 1080 Ti with factory water cooling?

PuSHiSLaND

Hello, and greetings.. 

I am looking for some feedback from the community.. 

I am getting a Ti for sure.. moneys r officially saved. B|

I am definitely sold on water cooling; and I do technically already have an AIO closed cooling system (NZXT x31) I could add to a card if absolutely needed, but could also be used on the CPU.

I really do prefer the MSI GTX 1080 Ti Seahawk X when it comes out.. but I have no idea when it will be released, and my trusty 780 just finally quit on me a couple of days ago. 

...there are a few Ti cards already out there on the market today that are just not water cooled... and as I already stated above... I fully sold on water cooling being far superior option in comparison to air cooling.

TLDR: 

if you had a functioning AIO cooling system already, would you wait to get a factory water cooled GPU?  so you could use the AIO cooling sytem you already have on the CPU and go fully water cooled?

the options are many.. I do have an option I am leaning towards but would absolutely love to hear some alternate perspectives.

Thanks!

-

PuSHiSLaND

2 minutes ago, PuSHiSLaND said:

if you had a functioning AIO cooling system already, would you wait to get a factory water cooled GPU?  so you could use the AIO cooling sytem you already have on the CPU and go fully water cooled?

Yes.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have a zotac 1070. This is my first major GPU...

The 1070 only reaches 40c max at full load (full fans) with an OC...

if you want watercooling, hell go for it.

But im sure theres a cheaper option that provides about the same cooling with air.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

6 minutes ago, Jrock said:

But im sure theres a cheaper option that provides about the same cooling with air.

without a doubt this is a correct statement.. 

for me, fan noise is one of the reasons i am so sold on water cooling.. but yea money is good to keep if you can; I absolutely agree.. 

this is part of why i am so torn on just making a choice and sticking with it

a 1080ti damn near requires Watercooling in my book (DEFINITELY DON'T BUY FOUNDERS EDITION if you DON'T Watercool it), sure something like an ASUS Strix will keep the temps in check, but if you want quiet you want WATER, Asus also has the Poseidon 1080ti announced (not sure when it's coming) that will allow you to Water cool but can be run on Air until you have the funds to go full custom loop. Personally I debating between the air cooled cards and the AIO versions of the 1080ti but I want to wait and see what the cooling is like compared to the Air cooled models.

1 hour ago, Jrock said:

Are you sure your card is at load as there not very many high end water-cooled systems that run that low while under stress test.

What's the ambient temp in your computer room?

My Asus Strix 1070 OC is around 65 to 70c will under stress test. Ambient room temp around 25 to 30c.

2 hours ago, Jrock said:

FULL FANS and FULL LOAD are 2 different things, you can intentionally set the fans to full without the chip running at full load and that would give you temps like that, not even the Seahawk AIO cards run that low under a TRUE full load, what are you doing to create a "full load"?

I have an 1080 w/ AIO watercooler and a custom 1080ti. I'd never do an AIO again personally. It works way better than air don't get me wrong. But custom loop. Even if it's just the GPU is so much better and so much quieter. My AIO Idols at the same temp as my custom loop 1080ti gets to at load and it's dead quiet where the AIO is much louder. 

To wrap up.

Custom > AIO by a lot

and

AIO > Fan only by a wide margin. 

9 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

FULL FANS and FULL LOAD are 2 different things, you can intentionally set the fans to full without the chip running at full load and that would give you temps like that, not even the Seahawk AIO cards run that low under a TRUE full load, what are you doing to create a "full load"?

Valley Benchmark running at 2122mhz on the core at full fans runs at about 40-45c

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

sadly, I think I'm too lazy to do a custom loop so i will be on AIO most likely