What video game changed the video game industry the most?

geforceftw

in your opinion which game had the biggest change and/or lasting change.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Halo CE First To introduce driveable vehichles in a FPS, and Halo 2 Added Competive arena games.

Edit: so many typos in previous statement, and too lazy to fix.

Back from the dead....

Halo CE First To introduce driveable vehichles in a FPS, and Halo 2 Added Competive arena games.

Typo's and totally wrong, before Halo CE you could drive and shoot from a plethora of games. Joint Ops was one you could pretty much do anything as well, drive off to infinity and never fall off the map.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Quake 3

Pac

GTA

Crysis

Minesweeper

maybe even minecraft

Start of video games....

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Half life 2, halo 1, cs (prob 1.6?). The games that really got people into gaming made the biggest change, simply because they flushed the industry with money and set the bar for so many games to come.

Crysis was the newest one to really push graphics, so most people 18-25 REALLY know that one, myself included :). Still always a test that has to be done, CAN IT PLAY CRYSIS?!?!

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

The fact that Microsoft snuck in and bought Bungie figuratively seconds before Halo was released as a Mac exclusive, is probably what changed the industry the most. Just imagine. And you know what? I'd still like Macs to have become the dominant gaming platform rather than consoles...

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Crysis. They were just like: "Lets give you an awesome looking game that nothing can run!"

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Super Mario Bros.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Crysis. They were just like: "Lets give you an awesome looking game that nothing can run!"

I love how the guys from crytek were telling the devs for the ps4 on twitter

"pfft" realistic weather and physics engine we were doing that in 2007 with crysis 

to which they replied "yeah but no one could run your game in 2007"

burn.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

- Donkey Kong from bringing video games to the mass.

- Mario64 for bringing 3D gaming to the next level.. not in graphics... but actually provide tight control and no problematic camera.. a feet that many games that followed it, still had trouble solving.

- Super Street Fighter which made the fighting genre a success, and brought people to arcade and introduce them to video games

- Mario Brothers on the NES. The game that not only sold the Nintendo system, but also help saved the video game industry from the video game crash, where everyone lost hope in this entertainment media due to the insult to humanity, and rip-off games that where everywhere without exception. Not to mention badly designed consoles. People were fed up, and didn't even want to hear video games, practically.

- Doom. 3D fps. do I need to say more?

- GoldenEye, brought multiplayer action on console, with it's awesome experience.

- and more related to art style, defining genres, revolution to the genre or industry, and more.

This question is really hard, as many games pushed in thing in their own way that greatly deified and contributed to the video gaming genre.

I don't think that this question truly has an answer.

- Super Street Fighter which made the fighting genre a success, and brought people to arcade and introduce them to video games

I think that started with Street Fighter 2, It was the game that put out many different versions (first was champions edition where you could play with the 4 bosses), before they finally released Super street fighter 2.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Mario 64 and 007 Goldeneye!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Mario 64 and 007 Goldeneye!

I got in an arguement with my friend erwin who said that 007 created the fps genre. And that it came out in 1989 and doom didn't come out till around 96 and that doesn't count since it was on pc and pc's are not really for gaming

this is the same guy ladies and gentlemen who sold his 3 way sli 570 2600k 32 gig ram rig for a ipad and now he is buying a retina macbook pro to last him till his 6-core hairdryer mac pro arrives...

To think he is the one who started me on computers and filming in general   :unsure:

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

in your opinion which game had the biggest change and/or lasting change.

1. Battlefield

2. Call of Duty 

3. Crysis 

4. Grand Theft Auto 

5. Far Cry 

This isn't my opinion, but its what I think made the biggest change in gaming history >__> 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)