Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot

is 40c enough for my quad? i mean i barely get brown outs unless im at very high throttle on my 20-30c plane batteries? 

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

is 40c enough for my quad? i mean i barely get brown outs unless im at very high throttle on my 20-30c plane batteries? 

Oh my god you shouldn't be getting brown outs at all! Yeah 40c is enough to fly, but it'll be a bottle neck. Get the 70c. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Oh my god you shouldn't be getting brown outs at all! Yeah 40c is enough to fly, but it'll be a bottle neck. Get the 70c. 

ok so i wont get brown outs but i wont be able too throttle up as much? sorry im confuzzled with life

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

The isdt ones is better just saying. 

yes but this one is cheaper and has better price to performance xD 

2 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

ok so i wont get brown outs but i wont be able too throttle up as much? sorry im confuzzled with life

yes but this one is cheaper and has better price to performance xD 

No it won't be able to supply enough current. So it won't be as powerful on the top end. 

Um. I disagree. The isdt has a much better menu, is more powerful for parallel charging, accepts a wider range of voltage in for field charging, is faster, more compact, and of course sexier.

ASU

ok put my order in. Im sorry but i went for the cheaper charger. If i regret it well then once again i learned my lesson. I also got a voltage buzzer for my quad. Should help a lot. Sorry i asked so many questions and thanks for all the help!

one question. My current minimum cell voltage is set to 3.3 volts. When my battery reaches that point will my quad fall out of the sky or will it somehow tell me that its low? or is that at the warning voltage of 3.5v. thanks!

8 hours ago, Legolessed said:

one question. My current minimum cell voltage is set to 3.3 volts. When my battery reaches that point will my quad fall out of the sky or will it somehow tell me that its low? or is that at the warning voltage of 3.5v. thanks!

I think it just starts to yell at you. Dropping out of the sky on a dead battery is really dangerous. Idk what that min cell voltage is tbh. 

ASU

Delivery day :)

IMAG0217.thumb.jpg.169450ee0bc6152fe1ad5c85c3939c1c.jpg

Couple of 1500 75c packs that I got at a discount because the boxes are damaged, some props to try out and best of all free stickers!!

Just waiting on the slow boat from China with my TX RX and I'm in the air :)

One question. What cable would i need to connect my fs-i6 to the computer and what software would i need on my computer? I have been using a diy xbox controller on the drl sim and want to upgrade lol. 

Just now, Legolessed said:

One question. What cable would i need to connect my fs-i6 to the computer and what software would i need on my computer? I have been using a diy xbox controller on the drl sim and want to upgrade lol. 

Eek, I remember looking into it once, but I think you need to look for a 9 pin trainer port to usb cable? IDK how many pins there are.

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Eek, I remember looking into it once, but I think you need to look for a 9 pin trainer port to usb cable? IDK how many pins there are.

Hmm i have a cable that hooks into the back of my fs-i6 but it doesnt transmit data through to the computer that can be used by the sims. Trust me ive tried everything, so it makes me think i need a special cable but idk.

7 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Hmm i have a cable that hooks into the back of my fs-i6 but it doesnt transmit data through to the computer that can be used by the sims. Trust me ive tried everything, so it makes me think i need a special cable but idk.

You can buy a special receiver that connects to a computer or you can hack together a cable like This (you can also do some surgery on your normal cable and turn it into a Y shape with the Svideo usb and 3.5mm Jack) then you just need Smartpropoplus to interpret the signal

14 hours ago, Legolessed said:

From what I remember with mine you did need a special cable and even then its a complete bitch to get it working. That was also a big factor in me getting the Evo, that, form factor and built in batteries. so much happier with it.

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

44 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

@Hackentosher @Not_Sean @Daysy Welp it seems like its going to be very difficult then lol. Ive headd od transmitters that are only for sims. Are there any good ones that are just plug and play?

Turnigy Evo... Plug and play. 

Its got all the functions I would ever need for FPV flying as I'm not using a gimbal. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Ok im having an issue with my quad. My reciever randomly died so i changed recievers and encountered another problem. The reciever wasnt powered. No bigge changed power ports and noe the reciever powers on and binds eith my transmitter but noe no data gets transmitted to the quad. Erg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are you sure the receiver wasn't getting power and not the new one is dead? 

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Are you sure the receiver wasn't getting power and not the new one is dead? 

Yup i tested it on my rc car.

22 hours ago, Legolessed said:

Yup i tested it on my rc car.

Not to be a dick or anything, but is that signal cable actually solidly connected to the FC? It looks like it's just being held there by hot glue. If I were you, I would suggest sticking the wire through the hole in the FC, then solder it on, then hot glue it. 

Also, is the servo connector plugged into the right spot on the receiver?

23 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

I'm excited! I have a new quad (I'm buying used from an older gentleman who just flew it slow, for fun - he's been in the hobby for 40+ years.) It has the Skitzo Ceramic 2206 motors, which I'm excited to try out.

Also have a pair of FatShark Dominator V2s coming, which is really exciting - I've never used fatshark, or any other brand of goggles before.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)