Multicopter Megathread

LittleCarrot
8 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

no what?

8 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Maybe, do we have a list of faqs? 

I tried to have a multirotor megaguide in my sig, but no one looked at it, and it was out of date as I was writing it. The hype train moves so fast, it's easier just to answer questions in real time when new people come along.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

i've been liking my hitec charger, but it's probably a little out of your budget. See if you can pick up an ISDT charger, those are freaking awesome if they don't have QC issues.

ok awesome! I have one question about the batteries you linked. earlier you linked some 4s 1300mah packs from chnl and those are still $9 vs the piroflip ones are $15 and only have a 1000mah capacity. 

Just now, Legolessed said:

ok awesome! I have one question about the batteries you linked. earlier you linked some 4s 1300mah packs from chnl and those are still $9 vs the piroflip ones are $15 and only have a 1000mah capacity. 

I linked the 1000mah packs? whoops, get the 1300s.

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

I linked the 1000mah packs? whoops, get the 1300s.

I just flew over my house with my quad. I'm going to try and mount an action camera and see what kind of footage I can get!

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

i've been liking my hitec charger, but it's probably a little out of your budget. See if you can pick up an ISDT charger, those are freaking awesome if they don't have QC issues.

K. I also found this charger I know it’s bangood but I wondered if this was a good deal or whether I should still go for the isdt. https://banggood.app.link/b28wKcOXXH

Thanks

i also found the eachine wizard battery charger for $8 and that does 4s. 

16 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

K. I also found this charger I know it’s bangood but I wondered if this was a good deal or whether I should still go for the isdt. https://banggood.app.link/b28wKcOXXH

Thanks

i also found the eachine wizard battery charger for $8 and that does 4s. 

ima go with hard pass. You'll want some kind of 4 button charger or an isdt. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON A CHARGER BECAUSE IT'S ALL THAT STANDS BETWEEN YOU AND A LIPO FIRE THAT TAKES YOUR HOUSE WITH IT.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

ima go with hard pass. You'll want some kind of 4 button charger or an isdt. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON A CHARGER BECAUSE IT'S ALL THAT STANDS BETWEEN YOU AND A LIPO FIRE THAT TAKES YOUR HOUSE WITH IT.

Ok. Do you have any recommendations? I don’t want to spend more than $40 on a charger. I’m sorry. Sorry I have been asking so many questions. 

Ok. Do you have any recommendations? I don’t want to spend more than $40 on a charger. I’m sorry. Sorry I have been asking so many questions. 

Yeah see if you can find a cheap isdt 608, or maybe something from hitec. I'm looking at the rcgroups classifieds to see if i can find a deal for you.

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Here's something, not the best deal, but it comes with a power supply https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2974440-Isdt-sc-608-charger

nevermind, there are better offers on ebay. Just get one from the US.

Also, some of the Turnigy chargers from hobbyking are pretty much exact copies of the lower end imax chargers, and they're pretty good. I think they're called accucell? I've used one of them with good success. You just need a power supply to actually run them (great for being out in the field though, as you can hook them directly to a car battery.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

40 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Also, some of the Turnigy chargers from hobbyking are pretty much exact copies of the lower end imax chargers, and they're pretty good. I think they're called accucell? I've used one of them with good success. You just need a power supply to actually run them (great for being out in the field though, as you can hook them directly to a car battery.)

Accucells are okay, the Reaktors are really nice. They can do something like 300w regenerative discharge (taking juice from your battery and spitting it into the input power source, dont try this on a power supply) 

ASU

3 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Accucells are okay, the Reaktors are really nice. They can do something like 300w regenerative discharge (taking juice from your battery and spitting it into the input power source, dont try this on a power supply) 

Is this a good deal? http://www.chinahobbyline.us/product/content/201701/547.html

24 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

yes.

The isdt 608 is pretty great when it works. It can take 2-6s voltage on the power in, and charge 2-6s at up to 150w, or 8 amps, which ever you hit first. It's also tiny, so you can throw it in your bag along with a really big lipo to recharge your flight packs.

ASU

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

yes.

The isdt 608 is pretty great when it works. It can take 2-6s voltage on the power in, and charge 2-6s at up to 150w, or 8 amps, which ever you hit first. It's also tiny, so you can throw it in your bag along with a really big lipo to recharge your flight packs.

Awesome! When it works?

5 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

Awesome! When it works?

Isdt sometimes has qc issues. Mine let the smoke out for example (it was a q6 tho, i haven't heard of any qc issues on the 608).

ASU

14 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Isdt sometimes has qc issues. Mine let the smoke out for example (it was a q6 tho, i haven't heard of any qc issues on the 608).

k. so go for it? if i got it i would have enough to buy that and 2 4s 1300mah lipos. sound good?

I have some nice led strips from my plane. Should I mount one to my quad? I have 3 colors. White, blue, and purple

image.jpg

image.jpg

33 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

I have some nice led strips from my plane. Should I mount one to my quad? I have 3 colors. White, blue, and purple

I like to put two strips on the under side of an arm. Run them off a 12v regulator if you can. Also super glue them down or they wont last.

ASU

10 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I like to put two strips on the under side of an arm. Run them off a 12v regulator if you can. Also super glue them down or they wont last.

Alright. Awesome! What color should I do? Blue?

Alright. Awesome! What color should I do? Blue?

Blue is nice, I have it on my working build.

ASU

12 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Blue is nice, I have it on my working build.

How fast does chnl ship?

image.jpgYolo?

3 hours ago, Legolessed said:

How fast does chnl ship?

Yolo?

I don't know, but ordered the wrong packs there. Those are lower discharge and have a deans connector, not an xt60.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

can i use a computer power supply to power the isdt charger?

yes. I desoldered all the wires on a cx430 and then connected 12awg wire to the 12v rail and connected an xt60 to it.

ASU

13 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I don't know, but ordered the wrong packs there. Those are lower discharge and have a deans connector, not an xt60.

i havent ordered yet what packs should i get?