So just played mass effect....ugh

MadyTehWolfie
2 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

This seriously pisses me off, ME is my favourite game series by a long long shot, yet they do sh*t like this? I really don't want to support the guy who made this crappy set of decisions, but at the same time its ME, its the only game series I would ever think about pre-ordering just because of how much I love the series, and I say this as someone who argues against people who  advocate pre-ordering lol. (I'm yet to pre-order with  2 days till release, I'm holding strong still somehow ha)

Unless there is a very good reason for why rubbish like this has made it in, I will, in the words of Hans Blix, ''I will be very very angry with bioware / ea and write them a letter telling them how very angry I am.''

They basically say there is a convergence of all races but give you clear options to be all races but white unless you pick the default character. Why they left it out when making a custom one I have no idea why. Should be more upset they made women in the game look like a child threw together wet clay. Lol Most women don't look that bad, and if you have to say someone doesn't look that bad they do.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

They basically say there is a convergence of all races but give you clear options to be all races but white unless you pick the default character. Why they left it out when making a custom one I have no idea why. Should be more upset they made women in the game look like a child threw together wet clay. Lol Most women don't look that bad, and if you have to say someone doesn't look that bad they do.

Hmm. I've been avoiding any type of gameplay videos I can for fear of spoilers or just blowing up my own little hype train, which trust me has been harder than you would think.  But the one or two pictures I have seen look... meh, but I've heard the animation is what you get if you shit out some shit and eat the shit to produce shitception. 

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yeah they basically won't let you be white and said that white people were bred out aka standard SJW wet dream.

How do they even do that?

Not actually push the idea into the game, I can understand and entire studio being idiots (mostly because it's under EA), I don't understand how they can exclude white people and still have skin color. It's a spectrum. Is everyone just straight black?

... Actually, I should revise my statement, the studio isn't entirely idiots. I'm sure some very intelligent and talented people worked on this game, and just didn't have any say in this shit.

2 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

This seriously pisses me off, ME is my favourite game series by a long long shot, yet they do sh*t like this? I really don't want to support the guy who made this crappy set of decisions, but at the same time its ME, its the only game series I would ever think about pre-ordering just because of how much I love the series, and I say this as someone who argues against people who  advocate pre-ordering lol. (I'm yet to pre-order with  2 days till release, I'm holding strong still somehow ha)

I'm very glad Valve is run the way it is. I don't even know how I'd feel if this happened to Half Life or Portal.

"Valve Time" is a thing, of course, but I'd rather wait a decade for a game than have it turn out like this.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

10 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I'm very glad Valve is run the way it is. I don't even know how I'd feel if this happened to Half Life or Portal.

"Valve Time" is a thing, of course, but I'd rather wait a decade for a game than have it turn out like this.

If I was honest, I agree,  I'd rather just one guy develop over a decade if that one guy actually loves the game he is making. Nowadays, it just feels like publishers are making stuff and don't actually care for how its released aslong as it makes them moola. 

Hmm, discarding the stupid explanation they have for the lack of presence of white people, riddle me this: How does it feel to be not included unfairly, eh? Doesn't seem right, does it? Of course, two wrongs don't make a right here, but you're bellyaching the same way minorities did and still do, and now you know how they feel.

I hope that's what the developers were going for, but I doubt their SJW minds could come up with something like that. They might just have a full-on hatred for white people or something, but I dunno. I can't see inside their heads.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Remember, it's only racist if you're not a far-left sellout.

Where do I go to return my common sense card?

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Remember, it's only racist if you're not a far-left sellout.

Oh, it's racist. It's racist as heck. But I also find it somewhat funny. Mmmm, the tears of white people. :3c

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

6 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

Hmm, discarding the stupid explanation they have for the lack of presence of white people, riddle me this: How does it feel to be not included unfairly, eh? Doesn't seem right, does it? Of course, two wrongs don't make a right here, but you're bellyaching the same way minorities did and still do, and now you know how they feel.

I hope that's what the developers were going for, but I doubt their SJW minds could come up with something like that. They might just have a full-on hatred for white people or something, but I dunno. I can't see inside their heads.

Except this is a game with character customization and excluding anyone is racist. However in games that offer no such thing and you have no choice you take what you can get. I don't belly ache when a game offers no customization and it's a black or Asian dude cause I'm not racist and enjoy playing as any race equally.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

6 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

The thing is, this whole ordeal is just fucking stupid. "muh white people did shit a century ago" is what a lot of these pinheads pride themselves on, and it's just dumb. Was it wrong to discriminate then? No, but it's also fucking wrong to bite the hand that feeds you.

This is coming from the only Mexican on the LGBT community thread. If you want an uncensored reply, add me on Steam.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I think this thread is an example of how our short lived lives affect how we see the world around us.  If you think that what you guys consider "white" will last for as long as we can survive in this place, you are seriously in need of some kind of awakening.

"White" people are no more a race than "black" people are a race.  With our newly founded ability to travel the world in a very short time, I don't see anything wrong with the idea that what is now considered "white" to be changed.  Just give it time, you'll see... oh wait, no you won't... you gonna die.  xD

Go go white supremacy!

Just now, stconquest said:

I think this thread is an example of how our short lived lives affect how we see the world around us.  If you think that what you guys consider "white" will last for as long as we can survive in this place, you are seriously in need of some kind of awakening.

"White" people are no more a race than "black" people are a race.  With our newly founded ability to travel the world in a very short time, I don't see anything wrong with the idea that what is now considered "white" to be changed.  Just give it time, you'll see... oh wait, no you won't... you gonna die.  xD

Go go white supremacy!

This made zero sense. There will always be different races and differences between them which make the world a fun sexual place to be in. White people will forever be the same pasty faced people we were always were same for the other races. Embrace your differences and love each other for them sir.

12 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

The thing is, this whole ordeal is just fucking stupid. "muh white people did shit a century ago" is what a lot of these pinheads pride themselves on, and it's just dumb. Was it wrong to discriminate then? No, but it's also fucking wrong to bite the hand that feeds you.

This is coming from the only Mexican on the LGBT community thread. If you want an uncensored reply, add me on Steam.

Please, let's not argue on what atrocities were committed to minorities in the last hundred years or so. I agree with you that this whole ordeal is really, really stupid. I just got a little laugh out of it.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

No you just make no sense

The point he is actually making which seemed obvious to me has actually been scientifically studied. Due to ease transport, less strict social norms, and so on and so forth, it's very possible that eventually a "single mixed" race will take over as the majority. This particular subject tends to be called "the race of the future." I don't care either way, especially in regards to ME since it's just a futuristic game and therefore has a lot of creative freedom.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

The point he is actually making which seemed obvious to me has actually been scientifically studied. Due to ease transport, less strict social norms, and so on and so forth, it's very possible that eventually a "single mixed" race will take over as the majority. This particular subject tends to be called "the race of the future." I don't care either way, especially in regards to ME since it's just a futuristic game and therefore has a lot of creative freedom.

Doubt that would ever happen in reality studies have shown people from races tend to stick with their own race when they procreate. In the end a single race would be boring as hell. Even if that were to happen it wouldn't happen in 200 years time.

Edit: I'm against that as I love having variety in the people of the world. A single race and culture seems to be a step back to me.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Doubt that would ever happen in reality studies have shown people from races tend to stick with their own race when they procreate. In the end a single race would be boring as hell. Even if that were to happen it wouldn't happen in 200 years time.

I'm just saying it's a possibility, typically these studies use the increasing amount of multiracial people as supporting evidence. I agree that 200 years definitely isn't enough time for a mixed race to fully take over though.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I'm just saying it's a possibility, typically these studies use the increasing amount of multiracial people as supporting evidence. I agree that 200 years definitely isn't enough time for a mixed race to fully take over though.

Hopefully not that would lead to a boring sex life for me.

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Problem with Bioware is that their big games are all stories that have gone on for too long to wow anyone anymore. Like all story based games there can only be so many sequels before it becomes stale. Casual players get bored and fans become too critical of the changes they don't like, more often than not having no good suggestion or alternative of their own. 

Yeah except there was a point, far in the past before this modern EA nonsense where Bioware used to do the sensible thing: Release 1 or 2 sequels then move on to another new IP: MDK, Baldur's gate, Neverwinter Nights, KOTOR, Jade empire, etc.

You know the sensible thing of capitalizing just enough on an intellectual property without beating it into the fucking ground.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

You would think being on a space ship for that long would make everyone look like albinos lol

Yeah, not a whole lot of sun light in a spacecraft.

Really don't make a whole lot of logical sense.  Plus, different variety of planets and stars would cause a large range of shades and hues of skin color.  Probably would cause a larger range of physical features since there is no way every planet has the same environment nor gravitational pull.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU