I can't choose the best and safe PSU for my first build.Corsair VS650 OR RM650W OR RMx 650W.Dont suggest me other brand.

Kumar priyadarshi

I am building my pc of these parts.   

intel i3-6100 CPU

8 Gb DDR4 2133mhz ram

Msi H110M PRO-VH

MSI GTX 1050ti oc

Corsair carbide spec-01 case

WD 1 TB BLUE HDD

Dell S2216H 1080P IPS screen

In choosing the PSU i am so confused.I decided to go with CORSAIR VS 650W but later i came to know that PSU can be dangerous and can take whole house down.So I decided to leave idea of building a pc.Is it true that PSU can cause a heavy fire.What are dangers of a PSU.I later saw two other models of CORSAIR that Is RM650W and RMx 650W which costs to much.I dont know which is so safe and best for me.I am so afraid.

NOT the VS series!

CX450M will be enough.

All RM are very good.

EVGA B2, G2, G3, GS are good as well.

If you already have the VS it will suffice for that build but it is really intended just for very low power office PCs.

Your breakers should trip well before you melt the house down.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Now a slightly less sarcastic post most of the psus that take houses down are from brands that are sketchy and arent really know. when buying a psu people like evga corsair cooler master and a few others that i'm sure other will mention due to them being trusted and well built and all computers in your house already have psus in them and depending on who you bought them from have worse psus then the corsair one you linked

5 minutes ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

I am building my pc of these parts.   

intel i3-6100 CPU

8 Gb DDR4 2133mhz ram

Msi H110M PRO-VH

MSI GTX 1050ti oc

Corsair carbide spec-01 case

WD 1 TB BLUE HDD

Dell S2216H 1080P IPS screen

In choosing the PSU i am so confused.I decided to go with CORSAIR VS 650W but later i came to know that PSU can be dangerous and can take whole house down.So I decided to leave idea of building a pc.Is it true that PSU can cause a heavy fire.What are dangers of a PSU.I later saw two other models of CORSAIR that Is RM650W and RMx 650W which costs to much.I dont know which is so safe and best for me.I am so afraid.

Why not recommend you other brands? Corsair is among the worst for value...

Nonetheless the RMx series is leaps and bounds better than the VS.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

9 minutes ago, Wikiforce said:

as i have said in other previous threads by Indian users, i would recommend a Circle PSU. They have bronze and silver certified PSUs too if you're worried about reliability. Though, I would recommend 500w model if you're on tight budget (the one i own).

This is a old post but they seems Sketchy as fuck http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/337981-28-circle-watt-trustable what makes them so good that youd recomend them over corsair evga coolmaster etc? i cant even find their website

Guys i want to know of there is any difference in PSU.I mean chinese or japanese capacitors.Which should i buy

Just now, Kumar priyadarshi said:

Guys i want to know of there is any difference in PSU.I mean chinese or japanese capacitors.Which should i buy

Yes if you buy a sketchy a psu brand there's a higher chance of it potentially catching on fire and they would tend to use cheap chinese ones. well corsair evga cooler master etc use better parts and thus less likely. and generally japanese caps are better then chinese 

5 minutes ago, Wikiforce said:

i think that thread is dated, they launched their new bronze certified series just few months or less than a year, atleast.
http://www.amazon.in/Circle-APFC-Gaming-cabinet-Server/dp/B00R07GFS2

So i just checked the people who certify 80 + certifications and Circle has nothing bronze or silver rated i would stay the fuck away from them since they seem to be lieing

Edit they do have a few 230v bronze rated ones but no silver and some 115v gold certified ones

If this is your first build and yet already limiting yourself to certain brands, it would mean that you had read some information that had misinformed you.

While it is true that Corsair sell very reliable power supplies, they aren't the only company that is able to do so. As such, you shouldn't limit your options, and make an informed decision based on what is available to you at a particular price

3 minutes ago, Wikiforce said:

I found their name under "230v EU Internal" list. So it's not fake i guess. You might only be looking US variants.

They have no silver ratings the 230v is only bronze ratings

Just now, Wikiforce said:

i know, i was exaggerating a bit but atleast they have bronze certification which is also not very bad. I checked amazon seeing they have multiple certified PSUs i then imagined some of them would be Silver rated to if there are bronze.

If they had silver ratings it would be on the site i dont see why your so attached to them when there's many other more reputable brands with full certification listings 

29 minutes ago, Wikiforce said:

bronze and silver certified PSUs too if you're worried about reliability.

except 80+ certs say jack shit about reliability. you can have a power supply that belches fire out the vents after 5 minutes, but is 95% efficient in doing so, and you'll pass for 80+ titanium.

Just now, Wikiforce said:

i hate to be bashed, but don't you guys think it's not good to trust only reputed brands which are unaffordable for some people and if a small company put some good effort in making a product would help the cause? but no, you guys would always say it's poor and cheap quality just because it's priced in lower bracket. It's not like that only flagship brands have quality engineers that do special things for their brand name.

i didnt say to only trust reputed brands, all i'm saying is that you shouldnt blindly trust the efficiency ratings as a stamp of reliability either. 80+ rating and reliability have nothing to do with each other.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i didnt say to only trust reputed brands, all i'm saying is that you shouldnt blindly trust the efficiency ratings as a stamp of reliability either. 80+ rating and reliability have nothing to do with each other.

This basically. It's not because of the price, it's because nobody has heard of them, nobody has peaked inside a unit.

I'm not familiar with Circle PSUs. If their main customers are from regions that uses 230V, then most of their PSUs may be 230V only (200-240V) to save cost rather than the full 100-240V range. This may be the reason why you don't see many PSUs certified by Ecova before mid-2014 (before the 80+ EU standard), because they tested the PSUs at 115V.

While I don't have a problem recommending a lesser known brand (some brands are regional base, so not everybody knows them but may offer better warranty service in that region - like LDLC is a company from France who sell units made by Seasonic), since I'm not familiar with Circle, I can't recommend them without see any reviews.

Anyways, your system isn't particularly demanding, in which you could get the Corsair VS450 to power it. But to be sure that is the best unit you can buy, can you provide a budget and any links to stores you can buy from?