Man creates a shower that recycles the water it uses.( CNN video)

geforceftw

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/11/tech/innovation/futuristic-water-recycling-shower-orbsys/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Essentially the water gets recycled on the fly and is 100% drinkable water it uses 5 liters of water on average while a regular shower uses 150 liters of water. The filter  can be replaced in 10 seconds and can be sent back to the company for recycling.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

gross

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

How are you guys finding this gross??? As he mentions in the video the recycled water is filtered and cleaned to be a drinking water standard. Where do you think the water in your taps came from... a lot of gross things, trust me. I think this is great!

Does that mean no more pissing in the shower?

Well.. yes and no. Filters are good as long as you replace them. But most families don't

I guess it's the same as with small sewage plants. Some companies advertise that you can shower in the water that comes out the other end.
And some even say (lie) that you can drink it. but would you... hell nooooooooo

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

How are you guys finding this gross??? As he mentions in the video the recycled water is filtered and cleaned to be a drinking water standard. Where do you think the water in your taps came from... a lot of gross things, trust me. I think this is great!

The idea that some remnant of the grime you just washed off your plums might have just hit you in the face cannot be filtered out.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It may be filtered, but not everything can be filtered out, eventually the filter itself will become contaminated. Also, think about water that was used to wash your crotch going on your face.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Well.. yes and no. Filters are good as long as you replace them. But most families don't

I guess it's the same as with small sewage plants. Some companies advertise that you can shower in the water that comes out the other end.

And some even say (lie) that you can drink it. but would you... hell nooooooooo

My city gets its drinking water from a filtration plant. Filtering water isn't some new and scary idea.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

My city gets its drinking water from a filtration plant. Filtering water isn't some new and scary idea.

*ehm*.. the Point of my post was that most families get something like this. Then they Think it's cool.. for about a week. after that they stop caring.

And there is a massive difference between this kind of small scale filter and a filtration plant for a whole city. ;)

edit: I had a Company that replaced water filters,sewage plants etc.. that's how i found this out

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

*ehm*.. the Point of my post was that most families get something like this. Then they Think it's cool.. for about a week. after that they stop caring.

And there is a massive difference between this kind of small scale filter and a filtration plant for a whole city. ;)

Not only that, but you wouldn't believe the kind of nasty germs that live in your arm pits and other crevices of your body.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Not only that, but you wouldn't believe the kind of nasty germs that live in your arm pits and other crevices of your body.

i just had a scary thought.. Much like the toilets that flush with much less water to not waste too much. this could become standardized.

Imagine the gym showers...

it's not that gross, image what could be in all the pipes your tap water comes from. 
Great idea, love it +1

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

How about soap? What happens to the soap and water? Does that get filtered as well? I don't want soap water spewing out of the head...

I don't know about you guys, but I use soap when I shower.

Same question . what about the soap!

In Singapore we have NEWater which is processed sewage water(you heard it, pee, poop and trash) turned to ultra clean wafer-production standard for drinking (we have to artificially add minerals, but even that takes a whole water plant multiple microfilters plus UV disinfection.

So I dont trust a single small filter to be adequate.. You are blocking most of the nasty crap but probably not enough

genius, but you will have to clean or change the filter a lot 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I'd be down to use something like this, but man I'd like a better pump. That is some of the slowest flowing water I have seen in awhile.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

This, but I also don't feel safe with only a filter.

And just because I need to get this out, PEEE!!!!

And the thing that bothers me most is this bit.

"hot water falls from the tap to the drain and is instantly purified to drinking water standard and then pumped back out of the showerhead."

... instantly? that must be one helluva filter.

Why am i so opposed to this idéa you may ask?

fwyqJ_zps44996cba.gif