Activision going full retard and trying DLCeption. Paid DLC for a paid remastered DLC game?

Master Disaster

Remember when you said "I play Call of Duty" meant you were serious into your immersion and not into that Counter Strike of Honor Calling pew-pew bullshit? Yeah, Pepperidge Farm remembers.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm sorry but your wrong about the EU, the Spectrum was already well established in the UK by the mid 80s and over in mainland Europe the Commodore Vic 20 and later the C64 ruled almost exclusively, the NES didn't start to become popular over here until the late 80s/early 90s. The Spectrum and C64 both launched during the height of the market crash and both went on to be incredibly successful sellers.

Not to mention that a very large number of successful gaming studios and talented coders from the 16 bit and 32 bit eras started out coding for the micros over here in Europe. Rare, yes that Rare, started out making Spectrum games in the mid 80s. Ocean software started out in the mid 80s and became one of the worlds largest video game distributors, Gremlin Games also started out in the mid 80s, DMA Design (who turned into Rockstar), Pysgnosis, Delphine, CORE, DICE all started up in Europe in the mid 80s.

The market crash was an American thing, I'm sorry but Atari just weren't that big of a deal here in Europe or in South America to have an impact on our markets. Why would we spend £400 on an Atari 2600 when you could buy a Spectrum for £175, an Amstrad CPC464 for £250 with a colour monitor included or a C64 for £299?

Heck Wikipedia has it listed as the Video Game Crash Of North America.

See bold. Case in point? Pc gaming had a market in the EU, the gaming crash of america helped it out significantly, which is what I said.

All those devs could start in the EU because the pc market was so large for gaming. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

33 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

See bold. Case in point? Pc gaming had a market in the EU, the gaming crash of america helped it out significantly, which is what I said.

All those devs could start in the EU because the pc market was so large for gaming. 

Ahh I see, you meant it affected our market in a positive way, yeah I suppose that's a fair point.

Sorry I totally misunderstood what you said.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

50 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

Remember when you said "I play Call of Duty" meant you were serious into your immersion and not into that Counter Strike of Honor Calling pew-pew bullshit? Yeah, Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Ahh, those were the days. It's all just exos and jetpacks and broken variants and shitty DLC these days. RIP Call of Duty, let's just go play BF1 and cry

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Whats new. I didn't think it was possible for a company to gouge the consumer this much. I didn't know it was possible for a publishing company to ruin so many game franchises in the name of increased profit. I didn't know this form of retardation existed. What should we call it?

Sadly this is our fault. People are obviously buying this with no issues, or else they wouldn't be doing it. Unless we stop buying this crap (which doesn't sound like it'll happen anytime soon) it'll just keep getting worse

2 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

Sadly this is our fault. People are obviously buying this with no issues, or else they wouldn't be doing it. Unless we stop buying this crap (which doesn't sound like it'll happen anytime soon) it'll just keep getting worse

Truly, anti-consumerism reigns king these days

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Everything will be fine as long as very few people repurchase the DLC, or purchase the remaster in the first place. If people do buy both the remaster and it's DLC in large enough numbers to make publishers think this is a good idea, it likely to only be the big publishers who will do it like Activison and EA. Dick move, but I hardly think the sky is falling.

Well of course.
DLC shit for quite some time is so sad how it is in gaming industry.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Yet people (fucktards) still buy it!

Don't buy games made by cunts, buy games from good guys!

The games I own, skyrim, bioshock, their publishers gave me the remastered version FOR FREE.

2 hours ago, mach said:

Yet people (fucktards) still buy it!

Don't buy games made by cunts, buy games from good guys!

The games I own, skyrim, bioshock, their publishers gave me the remastered version FOR FREE.

I dont mind buying remastered games if I'm interested in them

its like buying dvds after vhs, or bluray after dvd, or 4k after etc

or even music that has been remastered

but to charge for old but new dlc is just plain fucked up, on my remastered dvd/bluray/etc I get the bonus shit for free

and small detail(microtransactions like skins guns etc) dlc can stay but segregation of map dlc is the dumbest thing they had came up with

cant play with friends cuz I dont have that map??? well fuck i'll play a new game

On 3/9/2017 at 4:02 AM, Master Disaster said:

And that makes it OK does it? I mean we should just ignore it because they have a reputation of behaving this way?

Yes. We should ignore them.  Ignore the whole company.  Stop buying their products.  They'll either change or go out of business

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Lol, stop acting like entitled gamers saying you'll quit gaming. Don't lile X publisher? Play games from Y publisher instead. Pretty simple concept.