Twitch Announces "Pulse"

Guest Kloaked

NOW YOU CAN LEAVE TWITTER GUYS MAYBE

1*rZQI2fAAEUUlD7NoA7Lo-A.jpeg

Well, Twitch has announced a social media platform similar to Twitter, but for Twitch. It's called Pulse, as you may have guessed from the title. If not, then please shove an egg into your nose, take a picture of the outcome and do an AMA here.

Connections between streamers and viewers are part of what makes Twitch unique. Exhibit A: Twitch Chat. A big step towards strengthening those connections was made when we released Channel Feeds, but that was only the beginning. Now we’re launching a way to make it easier for streamers and viewers to engage with each other on Twitch, whether a stream is live or not.

One of the problems that I have is Twitch won't send me a notification on time when the channel that I would actually like to watch goes live. I would like to engage with them, Twitch! Is Pulse going to solve this issue or keep them? I almost always get the notifications late - at least lately I've been getting them on time, though. Maybe it's a trend, but I won't hold my breath =^)

Introducing Pulse. A place where streamers can post and engage with all of their followers and the greater Twitch community right from the Twitch front page. It’s an always-on way to share clips, stream highlights, schedules, photos, and more so followers are more informed, engaged, and connected.
For streamers, the posts you create on your Channel Feed will also appear on Pulse on the front page to all of your friends & followers. This will allow you to not only interact with followers and viewers you regularly engage with, but also with those who might not visit your channel page as frequently. Channel Feed will be auto-enabled for all streamers in mid-March.
Pulse will begin its rollout TODAY for all logged in users on the Front Page. If you don’t see it immediately, don’t fret! You’ll get it within the next few weeks.

I really think that this is a great idea, but Twitch/Amazon better watch how they handle this. Gamers generally will not take kindly to any sort of censorship, so they better tread lightly. Allowing channels to censor at their own discretion should be fine for everyone, but a blanket filter should be a nono if you have a Twitch account.

Interesting. Not sure what to think really. I don't tweet soooo....

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

a new land for Kekistan to bring freedom too

kekistan.JPG

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Considering how bad most of the community "features" are on Twitch, this is a logical step in the right direction.  It is both a TV-platform and a Social Interaction-platform, but much more the latter than the former.  (Twitch Chat has turned a guy's face into the most seen picture in human history.)  It actually might be better asked what took so long?

But, it also has to be mentioned that Twitch Chat isn't exactly known for being very considerate. This should be interesting to watch, even if Amazon is probably the world's largest seller of sex toys.  Which means they're not exactly prudes, but I don't think they appreciate the level of community they're about to unleash upon themselves.  Or just never mention it at board meetings.

So it is the new version of Twitch Feed? until now it's still a beta and I have not used it much.

Would love to get auto-Twitter announcements back.

We do what we can, because we must.

i have just enabled sms notifications on twitter for the few streamers i like that only post updates about their streams going live. its pretty handy since i get the text even if i don't have an internet connection and its often posted 5 minutes before streaming. it honestly is the superior way of notifying people about going live.

5 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

We will dominate this, in the name of 4Chan.

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

The platform should be claimed for the Kekistani people. 

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

snip

Aren't new topics supposed to be for discussion, not stale memes?

3 out of the 4 first comments have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You're just stifling actual discussion and contributing nothing.

1 minute ago, potoooooooo said:

Aren't new topics supposed to be for discussion, not stale memes?

3 out of the 4 first comments have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You're just stifling actual discussion and contributing nothing.

normies get  out

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

kekistan.JPG

Was kekistan a mem before sargon or did he start it?

- snip-

19 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I started all memes.

5 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

existed before sargon

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Before actually: the cunt culturally appropriated it!

^^^^^ so much this

topkek

Looks ok so far. Notifications work for me, using BetterTTV though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I really hope Twitch creates a native UI app. Cannot stand how slow and non-responsive the transitions / chat / overall responsiveness of the site is on large streams. Shitty HTML5+CSS+SLOW DOM will be around for years unfortunately 

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

Just now, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

I really hope Twitch creates a native UI app. Cannot stand how slow and non-responsive the transitions / chat / overall responsiveness of the site is on large streams. Shitty HTML5+CSS+SLOW DOM will be around for years unfortunately 

Nailed it.

Just now, Kloaked said:

Nailed it.

Lol I posted the same thing on Reddit last week and got downvoted -40.  They claimed if you use Twitch in "Electron" it makes your HTML 5 "native" xD

Unfortunately I don't think people realize how fluid native UI's can be. Take a look at Path of Exile's in-game chat before a server restart. 30+ messages per second and not 1 ounce of lag anywhere in the game or other UI elements. Browsers, HTML, DOM, and CSS animations are just not fit for that type of performance. Would be so cool to have a native app of twitch. They can keep their web based version obviously. 

However, I have a feeling most people don't notice these types of things but it honestly is a very large difference in UI fluidity. Like switching to an SSD from a hard drive, you don't want to go back :( 

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

2 minutes ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Lol I posted the same thing on Reddit last week and got downvoted -40.  They claimed if you use Twitch in "Electron" it makes your HTML 5 "native" xD

Unfortunately I don't think people realize how fluid native UI's can be. Take a look at Path of Exile's in-game chat before a server restart. 30+ messages per second and not 1 ounce of lag anywhere in the game or other UI elements. Browsers, HTML, DOM, and CSS animations are just not fit for that type of performance. Would be so cool to have a native app of twitch. They can keep their web based version obviously. 

However, I have a feeling most people don't notice these types of things but it honestly is a very large difference in UI fluidity. Like switching to an SSD from a hard drive, you don't want to go back :( 

Exactly. I'm no web developer but I do work with one at the office so I'm aware of the limitations of some things since I like to talk with him about what he does and such. But expecting these web browsers to do all of this new stuff with fluidity is a pipe dream.

Of course, standalone apps are a beast on their own but you'll generally have a better experience so long as the standalone app isn't complete garbage (looking at you Netflix).

Im not sure i understand why... I thought twitch would spread out to more genres of video when they got all this amazon money, and instead its confusing itself.

Though this is likely a personal bias, as i stay away from all microblogging sites, and id love to see something like Twitch streaming "the Ocho" style sports. I play paintball and it would be badass to see that stuff like that, or things that always get bumped from ESPN because they have to replay Mannings latest tweet about his itchy asshole.

In all new businesses you have to ask "what is the need that i am filling" and not only do i not see a need, its a market that is so packed with others you cant see shit.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)