How good/bad is Walmart's Customer Service? Any experience with them?

EunSoo

Hello! I am going to buy a Logitech g402 from Walmart online because it is cheaper there than anywhere else right now. I have never bought from their online store before so is there anything I should know before I buy it? How long does it take for them to ship stuff usually? Also, if something happens, how is their customer service? Thanks!

Walmart is garbage. I'm never buying anything online from there again.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

2 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

Walmart is garbage. I'm never buying anything online from there again.

may I ask why?

if there is any way for them to give you a run around for returns or exchanges they will. Bought a $150 book case from them that immediately fell apart after building it and they sent me in a huge circle for a return. Yes, btw, I do know how to build furniture it was just a huge piece of shit.

I'm sure it could be a one off incident but it soured me to the point of never ordering online through WalMart again.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Couldn't you return whatever you buy online, to any walmart store, no question asked?
You don't have to go through any hoops, you just bring your invoice(if you don't have it, print it out from your walmart account) and your item along with all the packaging to any walmart store, go to their return department, and done.
http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/206/~/how-to-return-an-item-you-purchased-on-walmart.com

I never had any issue returning items, they may ask why you want to return it, but regardless of the reason, they will take it back.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

24 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

if there is any way for them to give you a run around for returns or exchanges they will. Bought a $150 book case from them that immediately fell apart after building it and they sent me in a huge circle for a return. Yes, btw, I do know how to build furniture it was just a huge piece of shit.

I'm sure it could be a one off incident but it soured me to the point of never ordering online through WalMart again.

I hope that was an isolated incident. But I'll keep that in mind...

15 minutes ago, divito said:

Not sure where Vigilante lives, but the Walmart's in my city accept essentially all returns with very, very few exceptions, online included.

took me a while before I realized you were talking about Vigilante505 xD. Thanks for the reply tho

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Couldn't you return whatever you buy online, to any walmart store, no question asked?
You don't have to go through any hoops, you just bring your invoice(if you don't have it, print it out from your walmart account) and item along with all the packaging to any walmart store, go to their return department, and done.
http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/206/~/how-to-return-an-item-you-purchased-on-walmart.com

In theory, do you have any experience or know that it is actually that simple?

14 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

In theory, do you have any experience or know that it is actually that simple?

Not just in theory. It IS that simple. I and many others that I know returned items bought online to walmart stores without any issues.

If you're still not sure, you could just give your local walmart a call and ask them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

There is nothing wrong with buying the mouse through Walmart. Just buy the damn thing at the discounted price and call it a day.

okay. just wanted to make sure

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Not just in theory. It IS that simple. I and many others that I know returned items bought online to walmart stores without any issues.

If you're still not sure, you could just give your local walmart a call and ask them.

ok, thanks for the help

Walmart is rather easy to return to, I had a dlp bulb I bought break. All I had to do was take it in explain what happened and they refunded my card. Waiting in line took longer than the return did.

-CPU- 

AMD R7 1800x

-GPU- 

XFX Radeon R9 290x

-STORAGE- 

ADATA Premier SP550 480GB

Toshiba 3TB

-RAM- 

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x8)

-PSU- 

Evga 850w G2+

-MOBO- 

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

-CASE-

Corsair Obsidian 750D

-PERIPHERALS-

2013 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate

Logitech G302

-PART PICKER URL-

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vrqdQV

Haven't had a bad experience personally, but I do know sometimes saving a few dollars isn't worth it. (I still don't like Jet.com lol) 

Walmart customer service varies, but over-all its average, nothing special about it. I'd say the biggest draw back is most of the workers speak with various accents, some thicker then others. Rarely do you see a fluent english speaker interacting with the customers, because they are all in management positions or moved on from Walmart. I laugh at the annoucements they do over the P.A. system, its absolutely laughable most times because of their thick accent that no one can understand. Why on earth would Walmart pick these people to do annoucements over the PA when they have thick accents.

The cashiers love to push the Walmart Mastercard, I dont say a word to them and show my method of payment. There is the odd fluent english speaker that is old, and I gravitate towards them. I always look at the cashier before picking them and those old fluent english speakers are the ones I pick, even in the 10 items or less cashiers I will not wait in line when its my turn for the next cashier done, but  walk over to their cashier I want waiting for my turn. I never do the DIY lines, why do I wanna do their work for them, unless you want to do something shady ;)

The thing I absolutely hate about Walmart is how they dont even bother to wait until the store is closed to put crap in the aisle for restocking, they do it while the store is still open. I havent quite put my finger on why they do it like that because its an injury risk to the customer. But I got a feeling that no minimum wage worker with a foreign accent wont work nights even if its a buck extra or whatever the shift diff is, I doubt Walmart pays it anyhow.

I have returned items without a receipt countless times. But every time there has been no issue. I had issues with a customer service manager who wasnt doing squat when there was a big line up. Stood there glaring at her until she saw me 5-10 minutes later. I didnt say a word but my glare put her into action and she helped out at the customer service counter.

The other thing I noticed is Walmart around here anyways has hired a security company to man the doors. Ive had items turn the security beeper on at the door, and I never stop I just keep walking. Once a manager wanted to see my receipt after I paid and was halfway to the door, I told her to talk to the cashier and kept walking. I was half drunk and she could probably smell it.

I guess the moral of the story is, I dont respect Walmart at all.

3 hours ago, Vigilante505 said:

I gotta say, your experience is very odd. Walmart has one of the most flexible return policies in the world - not even kidding. Compared to any other big box store, and even online retailers like Newegg or Amazon, Walmart is either comparable or even better, for returns.

Like, in most stores, you could walk up with an item, no packaging or receipt, and probably still get a refund.

Did you try to return the item in store, or only through online?

I feel for you, but that must just be your specific local store.

3 hours ago, divito said:

Not sure where Vigilante lives, but the Walmart's in my city accept essentially all returns with very, very few exceptions, online included.

Yep that's been my experience as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, yathis said:

Walmart customer service varies, but over-all its average, nothing special about it. I'd say the biggest draw back is most of the workers speak with various accents, some thicker then others. Rarely do you see a fluent english speaker interacting with the customers, because they are all in management positions or moved on from Walmart. I laugh at the annoucements they do over the P.A. system, its absolutely laughable most times because of their thick accent that no one can understand. Why on earth would Walmart pick these people to do annoucements over the PA when they have thick accents.

The cashiers love to push the Walmart Mastercard, I dont say a word to them and show my method of payment. There is the odd fluent english speaker that is old, and I gravitate towards them. I always look at the cashier before picking them and those old fluent english speakers are the ones I pick, even in the 10 items or less cashiers I will not wait in line when its my turn for the next cashier done, but  walk over to their cashier I want waiting for my turn. I never do the DIY lines, why do I wanna do their work for them, unless you want to do something shady ;)

The thing I absolutely hate about Walmart is how they dont even bother to wait until the store is closed to put crap in the aisle for restocking, they do it while the store is still open. I havent quite put my finger on why they do it like that because its an injury risk to the customer. But I got a feeling that no minimum wage worker with a foreign accent wont work nights even if its a buck extra or whatever the shift diff is, I doubt Walmart pays it anyhow.

I have returned items without a receipt countless times. But every time there has been no issue. I had issues with a customer service manager who wasnt doing squat when there was a big line up. Stood there glaring at her until she saw me 5-10 minutes later. I didnt say a word but my glare put her into action and she helped out at the customer service counter.

The other thing I noticed is Walmart around here anyways has hired a security company to man the doors. Ive had items turn the security beeper on at the door, and I never stop I just keep walking. Once a manager wanted to see my receipt after I paid and was halfway to the door, I told her to talk to the cashier and kept walking. I was half drunk and she could probably smell it.

They don't get paid extra to work off shifts.

On the stock, what time frame were they doing that?  Most Wal-Marts do that in the late evenings or the two in city I'm near do restocking around that time.  Also, each Wal-Mart does vary.

O, and there more than those security door people.  They have other individuals who dress casual and watch out for shop lifters.  How I know, two of my family members work for Wal-Mart.  I get to hear enough of the issues they deal with on daily basis.  Also, the cashiers are required to ask about the cards.  They can actually get in trouble for not doing so.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

With any sort of customer service especially for a big chain like Walmart will always be hit or miss. Really depends on your location.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

10 hours ago, yathis said:

Yikes... I just actually fully read through this. No offense, but you do a lot of things that most people would consider "rude" at best.

The part about the alarm going off and you just keep walking? You should do them the courtesy of going back and finding out what set the alarm off. Often it's an item you brought in with you (Especially if you went shopping at multiple stores), or it's an item where the tag didn't correctly demagnetize for whatever reason. Usually it's not even the cashiers fault. Sometimes the demagnetizers just don't work very well.

The part about you saying "talk to the cashier" is quite rude in my opinion. These are people, you don't have to treat them like they are dirt.

The rest pretty much just feels like you wanting to shit on immigrants with accents.

The people who work at walmart make absolute shit wages in many cases. Minimum wage. If you worked the same job for 5+ years without a raise, I bet you probably wouldn't want to put in extra effort either.

As for restocking during the day, many Walmart's do both daytime and nighttime restocking. It's easy and cheaper to pay people to work during the day, plus it keeps the shelves stocked throughout the day. It's not a safety hazard unless a customer does something really goddamn stupid, like trying to crawl on top of a skid of product to get something.

I bet you'd also be mad if one of the shelves was out of stock on a popular item that you came to Walmart specifically to buy, too?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I can spot the floor walkers pretty easily myself, I am tending to watch people more often then before, always asking myself why people do the things that they do.

I had a clothing item I bought from Walmart that did not get de-magnatized (or whatever it is that sets off the alarm) and every time I left a store it would go off and literally no one would come running after me every time that happened. I knew what was going on, I was just testing the system ;) maybe I should do it again, and when it beeps, start running xD I doubt even the "rent a cell phone dialer" aka "rent a cop" aka security guard would do much xD But then again I dont go into Walmarts much anymore, I like their jeans but they dont go above 42 waist, yes there is the odd jeans on the rack, but that is like their odd 5XL T-Shirts, I go for the 3 or 4XL's because they are so cheap, only thing is they dont last long. The cotton on their $5 and $9 T-shirts ball up within a year, unlike a $20-$25  Ecko brand T-shirt or any brand name T. I've returned items even after wearing it, bag of socks ripped open = they didnt fit properly, or the reason I always give is wrong color. When they ask for a postal code, I always just make one up. The rewards cards I use fake names like Michael Jackson with a postal code of H0H 0H0 xD sometimes it gives the csr clerk a laugh. Heck I have even returned printers with used ink, laptops, dvd's, work boots after working in them, I am sure you could even return a half empty bag of chips if you wanted to.

To address all the people saying why didn't I just return it to the store:

I packaged it up and took it back. They wouldn't take it back throwing excuses at me. They told me I had to contact the manufacturer for a refund since it's been put together already. Had to call the manufacturer, order a free replacement, and they still wouldn't take it back. The manufacturer ended up having me donate it to charity for their write off and gave me a refund from them.

21 hours ago, yathis said:

I can spot the floor walkers pretty easily myself, I am tending to watch people more often then before, always asking myself why people do the things that they do.

I had a clothing item I bought from Walmart that did not get de-magnatized (or whatever it is that sets off the alarm) and every time I left a store it would go off and literally no one would come running after me every time that happened. I knew what was going on, I was just testing the system ;) maybe I should do it again, and when it beeps, start running xD I doubt even the "rent a cell phone dialer" aka "rent a cop" aka security guard would do much xD But then again I dont go into Walmarts much anymore, I like their jeans but they dont go above 42 waist, yes there is the odd jeans on the rack, but that is like their odd 5XL T-Shirts, I go for the 3 or 4XL's because they are so cheap, only thing is they dont last long. The cotton on their $5 and $9 T-shirts ball up within a year, unlike a $20-$25  Ecko brand T-shirt or any brand name T. I've returned items even after wearing it, bag of socks ripped open = they didnt fit properly, or the reason I always give is wrong color. When they ask for a postal code, I always just make one up. The rewards cards I use fake names like Michael Jackson with a postal code of H0H 0H0 xD sometimes it gives the csr clerk a laugh. Heck I have even returned printers with used ink, laptops, dvd's, work boots after working in them, I am sure you could even return a half empty bag of chips if you wanted to.

The reason prices go up. Thank you.

How is this even a question. I've heard of people buying a lawn mower in the spring, and then returning it in the fall. After using it all summer.

if you have the receipt they will take it back if there's any problems.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case