200-260 dollar gpu range

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Who in the hell would make a 390X2?! 550W TDP if I'm not guessing wrong...how and why?

Also, who wants to go in on two of those with me and Crossfire? Suck it, 1080 Ti. Our setup blows you away and doubles as a convection oven with a convenient hot plate up top. In the winter, we can take the side panels off and use it to heat the village.

in AU  that's illegal, we already have 40+c days, that'd make my room into a sauna

idk

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

a fury is comparable to a 1070, it's positioned a bit below a 1070. 

fury x is not fury.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Which EVGA exactly?

Just the EVGA 600w 80 Plus certified

1 minute ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

Does anyone have some good R9 Fury benchmarks? Maybe featuring the 1060 6gb or the rx 480 8gb

Hard numbers, no. Off the top of my head, better. The Fury outperforms either the 480 or the 1060 handily. At $230, if your PSU can handle it, it's a sure thing.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just the EVGA 600w 80 Plus certified

Is it white?

Image result for evga 600w white

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Is it white?

Image result for evga 600w white

Dont know what you mean by white but yeah that one.

Just now, IGetKillsFTW said:

I would not trust such a high powered card in it tbh

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I would not trust such a high powered card in it tbh

Why exactly?

Why exactly?

@STRMfrmXMN not a good quality

5 minutes ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

with that psu i'd either get the 480 or plan for a quick upgrade to a cx550m/s12ii 620w. it's pretty mediocre in quality and isn't suited for powering up a fury.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, IGetKillsFTW said:

So you think the 480 8gb will be a better choice.

You can get a 480 8GB and a new PSU

20 minutes ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

Why exactly?

There's much to be said for quality. While the EVGA white units (like yours, and like three of mine) are perfectly good for low to midrange builds with lightweight GPUs like a 1050 Ti, 460, 950, 960, etc., the issue is that a Fury draws a ton of power under load. Your CPU will also draw power, as will your drives, as will your fans and cooling. Some PSUs are perfectly fine running at high load for extended periods of time. Most are not.

Think of it this way: assume that your car's engine is rated to 100 MPH. Let's assume you own a Subaru Impreza, and you're spending hours at a time running at 90-95 MPH. Subaru engines are godlike, so your car can handle the stress without losing any appreciable lifespan. That's Seasonic, that's the top-tier Corsairs and EVGAs.

Now let's assume you're in a Hyundai Accent. There's nothing wrong with the Accent. It's a perfectly good car, but it's cheaply made so it can be sold cheap. If you try and run that Accent at 90-95 MPH for hours on end, you may not have immediate problems, but you will wear down the engine faster than the dude keeping pace with you in the Subaru will. After enough of that constant 90-95 MPH, either your Accent's performance will start to fall off, or something will break. The $11,000 Accent seemed like a great way to save money at the time, but that $25,000 Impreza is going to be running on down the road long after your Fiesta is dead and buried.

And that's kind of the comparison here. Your EVGA unit is the Accent. Perfectly good for everyday use, but not designed to be run at or near its rated max for extended periods of time. I use three of those EVGA white units in different builds, because they're constantly on sale for $30-35 and they get the job done. When I'm dropping in higher-quality components or more demanding GPUs, I spend $50-60 on Seasonics and Corsair CX-M units, because I know those can handle their rated load, and I know they're going to last damn near forever.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-3-6 at 11:38 AM, IGetKillsFTW said:

So you think the 480 8gb will be a better choice.

Are you sure buying this card?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol