200-260 dollar gpu range

So I am looking to get a graphics card for around 200- 260 bucks USD. I had chosen the Gigabyte G1 1060 6gb that's like 250 on amazon. I started to think about future proof as I want the card I am gonna buy to be useful for around 2-3 years for high- ultra 1080p  60fps. That's when I started to also look at the rx 480. I've seen benchmarks where the 1060 wins in DX11 games but then starts to fall below the 480 in DX12 games like Tomb Raider, Hitman, and also Vulkan games. Is stuff like DX12 and Vulkan a requirement that always has to be on? Im a noob to API's so I dont know anything.

RX 480 8GB is king right now.

Check my sig for a link to why.

it's about 1% behind in DX11, while it's 6% ahead in DX12, and a ton more ahead in Vulkan.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

R9 Fury is $230 ATM, it's faster than 480 and 1060 and is just behind 1070

idk

Fury if your power supply is equipped for it and man enough to take it. RX 480 if you want something slightly newer that doesn't double as a heater in the winter.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Fury if your power supply is equipped for it and man enough to take it. RX 480 if you want something slightly newer that doesn't double as a heater in the winter.

You underestimate a RX 480 a lot

test.png

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Hitler's favourite GPU is the R9 Fury - because it doubles as a burner :D

idk

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

You underestimate a RX 480 a lot

well, you did get a derpy card, maybe rma and see if that one also tries to compete with my old 390 too:P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Hitler's favourite GPU is the R9 Fury - because it doubles as a burner :D

I can't give this a thumbs up because I'm pretty sure I'd go to hell, but, yeah. Well played.

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

if you think the fury and rx 480 are heaters, here's an air-cooled r9 390x2 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131680

:S

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Why would you air cool a mouse /s

duh, obviously them batterys gonn get hot, you obviously need som serious air cooling or it becomes a note 7 :S

Just now, Droidbot said:

Pretty sure they sold well in Canada because they work as a serious room heater as well

I can confirm. 

I have a 600w EVGA psu so, to summerize, I should get a Fury and then the next best choice would be rx 480 8gb because of the API's?

7 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

if you think the fury and rx 480 are heaters, here's an air-cooled r9 390x2 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131680

:S

Who in the hell would make a 390X2?! 550W TDP if I'm not guessing wrong...how and why?

Also, who wants to go in on two of those with me and Crossfire? Suck it, 1080 Ti. Our setup blows you away and doubles as a convection oven with a convenient hot plate up top. In the winter, we can take the side panels off and use it to heat the village.

6 minutes ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

I have a 600w EVGA psu so, to summerize, I should get a Fury and then the next best choice would be rx 480 8gb because of the API's?

If you can, yeah, a Fury is the best bang for the buck. If not, an RX 480 would be the best option.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Who in the hell would make a 390X2?! 550W TDP if I'm not guessing wrong...how and why?

Also, who wants to go in on two of those with me and Crossfire? Suck it, 1080 Ti. Our setup blows you away and doubles as a convection oven with a convenient hot plate up top. In the winter, we can take the side panels off and use it to heat the village.

apparently powercolor was crazy enough to do it xD triple slot, large AF, 4 8-pin connectors, thing's a beast(not in the good way). 800w under system full load.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/10/19/powercolor_devil_13_dual_core_r9_390_video_card_review/12

no thanks, we wear sweaters at 24 degrees celsius, that thing will burn us alive :P

9 minutes ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

yes, the fury would be much faster.

Just now, aisle9 said:

If you can, yeah, a Fury is the best bang for the buck. If not, an RX 480 would be the best option.

31 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

- rx480 

- fury on sale 

29 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

R9 Fury is $230 ATM, it's faster than 480 and 1060 and is just behind 1070

28 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Does anyone have some good R9 Fury benchmarks? Maybe featuring the 1060 6gb or the rx 480 8gb

10 minutes ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

Which EVGA exactly?

4 minutes ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

Does anyone have some good R9 Fury benchmarks? Maybe featuring the 1060 6gb or the rx 480 8gb

a fury x is comparable to a 1070, it's positioned a bit below a 1070. 

Edited by nerdslayer1

1 minute ago, IGetKillsFTW said:

an older review, but:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/RX_480/24.html

Just now, IGetKillsFTW said:

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24237

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24240index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24243index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24249index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24255index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24252index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24260