Hi, i would consider myself an app developer to an extent, and am planning on buying a new phone. I prefer android but i develop for ios as well, My problem is that i'm leaning towards a S4, but as a dev would buying a nexus 5 be better? I understand that the Galaxy line uses reskined android aka Touchwiz while the nexus is pure android, which one would benefit me most?

price isnt a problem Btw.

The phone would server as a personal phone and a work phone, yeah ik i'm a cheapo

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

I'd say go for the Nexus 5 or the Google Play edition S4. 

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The only thing about buying a N5 is that you get the latest version of Android, but honestly it's not going to affect you much.  You will be able to test just fine with a 4.3 phone as you will with a 4.4 phone for the most part.  As long as your not planning on buying an Android 2.2 device, I wouldn't let it affect your decision.

-Application Developer

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Considering your app will ideally support all or most phones in the android ecosystem there isn't one perfect phone for testing. If possible you'll want to test your app on multiple phones(hardware configurations) and environments. Also touchwiz and other such manufacture stylings are just skins on top of android and wont really effect how your app performs (unless the skin is using the majority of the phones resources). As a Nexus 5 owner I would suggest the nexus 5, its just awesome no matter how you look at it.