Ryzen 5 details released

Dang Ryzen looks promising. Also this would fall under Tech News.

I think the biggest improvement by then would be all of the bug fixes/ software fixes. 

Since the 1800X is the flagship with the highest clocks. 

Hopefully the R5 series is a great bang for the buck. 

oooh, nice! can't wait! :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

6 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Only if they update their post to match the requirements.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

10 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Let's hope that AMD can get closer to Intel in terms of gaming performance :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

With how bad Ryzen is at gaming, not really sure the point of the SR5 and lower. Ryzen is only good for workstations.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

25 minutes ago, App4that said:

With how bad Ryzen is at gaming, not really sure the point of the SR5 and lower. Ryzen is only good for workstations.

Hateboys gonna hate, I guess.

Meanwhile, out in the real world tons of people are gaming at varying levels of detail and framerates by spending varying amounts of money.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Hateboys gonna hate, I guess.

Meanwhile, out in the real world tons of people are gaming at varying levels of detail and framerates by spending varying amounts of money.

But why spend more for less? For workstations Ryzen is the obvious choice. Gaming Intel is. Taking cores off a 1700 won't suddenly change why Ryzen is behind Intel for gaming.

So....is the 4c/8t CPU R5 or R3....yay conflicting rumors

31 minutes ago, App4that said:

If they can reach 4ghz~, then they'll be equal/better than locked Kaby Lake chips at 3.6ghz~. While being priced at $120-$150 for the i5 variant and $160-$200 for the i7 variant (based on earlier rumors).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

So....is the 4c/8t CPU R5 or R3....yay conflicting rumors

If they can reach 4ghz~, then they'll be better than locked Kaby Lake chips at 3.6ghz~. 

No LOL, look at the benchmarks of 8 Ryzen cores against 8 Intel cores.

Just now, App4that said:

No LOL, look at the benchmarks of 8 Ryzen cores against 8 Intel cores.

Yes, they're lower due to launch day issues that had already been somewhat solved with some bioses and due to not being able to clock as high as Broadwell-E. But IPC is right around Broadwell-E, which means that if Ryzen can clock 10% higher than a Kaby Lake CPU, then they should pull ahead. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yes, they're lower due to launch day issues that had already been somewhat solved with some bioses and due to not being able to clock as high as Broadwell-E. But IPC is right around Broadwell-E, which means that if Ryzen can clock 10% higher than a Kaby Lake CPU, then they should pull ahead. 

NO! The Bios issue was complete smoke and mirrors. Every reviewer had access to the right Bios. Gamers Nexus has phone conversations recorded of a AMD rep out right LYING.

Come on.

Ryzen is an amazing turn of events for workstation costs. Lying about Ryzens gaming performance is just embarrassing, and exposes the true bias.

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

NO! The Bios issue was complete smoke and mirrors. Every reviewer had access to the right Bios. Gamers Nexus has phone conversations recorded of a AMD rep out right LYING.

Come on.

Ryzen is an amazing turn of events for workstation costs. Lying about Ryzens gaming performance is just embarrassing, and exposes the true bias.

Proof that the bios issue was "smoke and mirrors"? How come results varied so drastically between reviewers then? 

And what does the "right" bios mean? According to reviewers there were several bios updates that were pushed during the review window. There was also clearly issues with pushing memory, but newer bioses somewhat corrected that and helped some reviewers to push their memory further. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

But why spend more for less? For workstations Ryzen is the obvious choice. Gaming Intel is. Taking cores off a 1700 won't suddenly change why Ryzen is behind Intel for gaming.

Err... no, the 1700 is already cheaper than the 7700k, so R5s aren't "spending more". It's just a matter of which prices they get and where they stack up in the lot.

Put differently, they won't be the top performers nor the most expensive. Hence, you have to wait for release to see where they stand in price/performance terms.

At current Intel prices, and given the early results for R7s, it's very easy to spot a market segment in which they can be a valid alternative to Intel, up to taste or what else you do with your PC. When launch day comes, they can screw up pricing or face other issues, but claims that there's no point in R5s don't square with hard facts available today.

Proof that the bios issue was "smoke and mirrors"? How come results varied so drastically between reviewers then? 

And what does the "right" bios mean? According to reviewers there were several bios updates that were pushed during the review window. 

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Err... no, the 1700 is already cheaper than the 7700k, so R5s aren't "spending more". It's just a matter of which prices they get and where they stack up in the lot.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113428&cm_re=Ryzen_1700-_-19-113-428-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117559&cm_re=7700k-_-19-117-559-_-Product

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

FTFY

6700k works in a Z270 board, and beats the 1700 in games. Soooooooo

11 minutes ago, App4that said:

So?

Come back when you get some reading comprehension. Or stay and debate your straw man. Either way I'm out.

14 minutes ago, App4that said:

And no one is denying that a 6700k/7700k is better than an R7 CPU. Kaby Lake can overclock 20% higher and has a 7%~ IPC advantage. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

The only motherboard that had issues that affected performance was the MSI one. Reviewers with Gigabyte, ASUS and AsRock boards had accurate results....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

And no one is denying that a 6700k/7700k is better than an R7 CPU. Kaby Lake can overclock 20% higher and has a 7%~ IPC advantage. 

Higher than 7%.. Around 10%+

10 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Wait... Does Intel NOT offer increases in performance between generations? Or does the 6700k have the same performance as a 7700k? Why everyone was upset when it launched?

Like fuckiing talking politics...

im thinking the 1600x might be a nice upgrade over my I5 4690K because BDO just melts my CPU, 100% CPU usage, 30% GPU usage -_- 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016