Why is Linus always late for the wan show?

yathis

The WAN show ended a while ago though?

As for them being late. They have other stuff to do first and shit happens with the streaming setup even though they claim to not be touching it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

He got a vasectomy...so I guess he's just 'busier' than normal now.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

The fabled curse of the Socks and Sandals. It was said that the Moose Gods cursed Linus to be forever late.

In all seriousness, I don't think LMG takes the job too seriously. It's part of their charm

In his Wikipedia entry:

The WAN Show is a regular Twitch live stream hosted by Sebastian and Lafreniere. The pair discusses topical news stories from the technology world, offering their opinion and fielding questions. Each show is uploaded to YouTube following first broadcast. There have been 176 episodes as of March 2, 2017. Since the first incarnation of the show, other Linus Media Group staff have intermittently hosted in place of either Sebastian or Lafreniere. Features of the WAN show include the live audience chat stream, the intro video failing & the show never starting on time.

I think the WAN Show starting late is probably part of their street cred unless they're interviewing someone extremely high profile like Elon Musk that they're probably crapping their pants into starting the show earlier. How I wish they'll have an interview with Elon Musk.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Some people are just like that. Linus seems like a pretty busy dude, he's got a rapidly growing business to manage, he's got three youtube channels to produce content for, and frankly he seems just a little disorganized. At the end of the day it's free content so there's no sense getting too upset when he's running a little late.

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

How I wish they'll have an interview with Elon Musk.

That would probably be a really weird interview. Linus would want to talk Tesla but Elon Musk would just keep muttering some mad gibberish under his breath about nuking Mars.

Plenty of good streams around that time.  Houston (Pugetsys) is usually building some fancy PC, Wendell is streaming with TeamPGP, etc etc. 

I often start watching one of those, end up closing the Linustech tab and watching the WAN show a day or two later. 

Its pretty simple to be on time.

The only conclusion is Linus and the team at Linus Tech Tips doesn't care about their viewers.

Maybe you should ask your mother?

giphy.gif

In all seriousness who knows but why is it a big deal? It's his show, stuff happens, things come up, ect ect.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

11 hours ago, yathis said:

Its pretty simple to be on time.

The only conclusion is Linus and the team at Linus Tech Tips doesn't care about their viewers.

I don't think that is really the case, though. You could always just wait and watch it on Youtube like a lot of other people do..

Any adult who has appointments should be on time, common courtesy is all I am saying. Besides I dont see the WAN show even on the youtube channel for ltt. Very disappointing I must say.

it's the main feature of the WAN show: the excuses Linus comes up with for being late!

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I was late all the time as a preteen.

Just now, revsilverspine said:

it's the main feature of the WAN show: the excuses Linus comes up with for being late!

They are never late, you're clock isn't set to use Canadian seconds so it appears late for you.

That being said, who cares? Your life would be much better if you weren't impacted so much by other people's choices and actions that don't directly involve you. The bigger question here isn't "why is the WAN Show late?" but instead "what changes can I make in my life so I am not bothered so much by free entertainment?"

-KuJoe

Must be the Pacific time zone and the weed odours perforating from Wastings and Pain down on west end.

What is a meme?

17 hours ago, Mug said:

It's just a meme