How to survive a zombie apocalypse?

LucasDerpYT

So we all know that a zombie apocalypse is possible to happen, probably not within yours or my lifetimes but still possible.

So what is the best way to survive a zombie apocalypse? What steps to take before you can just wait for it to be possible?

Mine would be to make a team of like-minded individuals so that there are as few disagreements as possible. 

Walmart and other grocery stores will be over flooded. 

Military bases will be common looters dream.

Harbors over loaded with people wanting to get out to sea.

Gun stores literally a massacre.

Hospitals are too dangerous.

Tbh the best way to survive is before it happens get trained in firearms.

Stock up on water tanks and MREs. Keep an ax, pocket knife, firestarters, and tarps/canvases. 

Martial arts are a need to know and physical trainjng too.

Amongst that know how to make a raft or have a boat. Trucks and SUVs will be good in the case of an apocalypse.

I say boat so that if you happen to live in Europe or Asia you can make your way to the UK and go to Ireland. I say Ireland because not even wild snakes or spiders are there. And zombies don't have the muscle mass to swim. Especially later in the apocalypse when they are more degraded, they wouldn't be able to make momentum. Getting to a military of navy base with more guns and ammo are good.

So, 

Build up, train

When it hits try to relocate to a remote island. Like Hawaii, Ireland, Greenland, etc.

Keep looting, make new friends, betrayal is always an option though.

Wait.

uhhh ok?

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

2 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

So we all know that a zombie apocalypse is possible to happen

Is it, though?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Wow you have this all set for something that won't happen...

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Wow you have this all set for something that won't happen...

I don't have any thing setup.i was just watching znation

yeah theres actually a very slim chance you'd survive regardless

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Is it, though?

Mutation in mad cows and bam.

Are we talking slow dumb zombies or strong and fast (possible smart) ones? 

Just now, LucasDerpYT said:

I think that's a bit far-fetched, mad cow mutating in the exact correct way to be both highly contagious, stable and produce zombie-like effects.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

Are we talking slow dumb zombies or strong and fast (possible smart) ones? 

Clickers

There is no real 'surviving' a zombie apocalypse, it's not like a heatwave where things go back to normal. The climate, environment and technology available would be drastically different and could be inhospitable for life. Even if life could continue it would be very different and much harder to live in. For this reason if there was an apocalypse and my chances of survival looked bleak, I would end my life in a painless and quick way, rather than being eaten alive.

The thread was moved to the off-topic section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, Wrb said:

There is no real 'surviving' a zombie apocalypse, it's not like a heatwave where things go back to normal. The climate, environment and technology available would be drastically different and could be inhospitable for life. Even if life could continue it would be drastically different and much harder to life in. For this reason if there was an apocalypse and my chances of survival looked bleak, I would end my life in a painless and quick way, rather than being eaten alive.

Well how do you think we went from caveman to now? Current books, info on servers would still be accessable even without wifi. Make the best out of it and try to return to normal. It might take till next generation till the trauma is gone, until trust is established, until returning is an option, though it is possible. Every survivor counts,

The best way to survive a Z-Apocalypse is to move somewhere with a very low population density.

If there aren't many people then there won't be many zombies.

4 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

The best way to survive a Z-Apocalypse is to move somewhere with a very low population density.

If there aren't many people then there won't be many zombies.

Ireland

5 minutes ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Ireland

Was thinking more N. Dakota/Montana 

Eh. Why survive. Just get bit and breeze through life.. Well undeath i suppose. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Would firearms be that great an idea? Sure at first brilliant, but then where do you get more ammo? If you want to keep slaying zombies a sword is the way forward.

And going to the UK wouldn't work to escape them, they could wander through the tunnel. Though they would emerge in Kent, slim pickings for creatures who live off brains...

Just now, Monkey Dust said:

Would firearms be that great an idea? Sure at first brilliant, but then where do you get more ammo? If you want to keep slaying zombies a sword is the way forward.

And going to the UK wouldn't work to escape them, they could wander through the tunnel. Though they would emerge in Kent, slim pickings for creatures who live off brains...

Firearms are more popular in households worldwide. More chance to get firearm clips than a rifle magazine. Usually quieter, and not to mention smaller and faster to bring to aim than a rifle. 

Of course I didnt expect to get to the UK, and be fine. Of course measures would be taken as to have secondaries, and to be in a 2nd story house. Even secure a hotel. 

Unless you have 2 to 3 acres of farmland planted by the time it happens you would die of starvation during the first winter. Further, a small portion of the worlds nuclear power plants would melt down without the staff or infrastructure to stop them. Terrestrial life would get shit on by a massive wave of nuclear catastrophies. Some would live and the ocean wouldnt really notice. Life would go on but we would all be gone within a few weeks to months.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

10 minutes ago, Moress said:

Unless you have 2 to 3 acres of farmland planted by the time it happens you would die of starvation during the first winter. Further, a small portion of the worlds nuclear power plants would melt down without the staff or infrastructure to stop them. Terrestrial life would get shit on by a massive wave of nuclear catastrophies. Some would live and the ocean wouldnt really notice. Life would go on but we would all be gone within a few weeks to months.

Yep like Isis invading russia during winter

Do you believe everything you see on TV? Don't watch 5am religious programming if you like having money in your wallet

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

17 hours ago, LucasDerpYT said:

Mad cow isn't a virus or bacteria.  It's a prion disease.  There already is a similar human prion disease called creutzfeldt-jakob disease.  A prion disease doesn't have the same kind of pathology as more comon contagions.  Also I belive you would have to eat the brains and not the other way around to have a high chance of contracting it.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101