My new pre-built computer from cyberpower (gtx 1060) is under performing!

My new computer from cyber power that I got from Christmas is heavily under performing.

Specs:

Intel core i7 6700 GHz (locked)

32 gb of ddr4 ram

gtx 1060 6gb

600 watt psu

1tb hdd and about 120 ssd

GA-Z170-HD3P gigabyte mother board

My friend has the same processor, 8gb of ram, and an rx 460.  He runs games the same or a little better than my gtx 1060 6gb.  Neither of us overclocked.  On csgo with settings cranked up I get 80-110 frames and know that I should get much more.  When I played the Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta (which recommended a gtx 1060), I received 20-40 frames while my friends received 25- 45 frames without changing settings.  I do not know much about computers as Linus or you guys.  I used to only play on console and I wanted to give pc a try.  Only to find out I get only a slight increase in performance.  It confuses me to no end and any help is greatly appreciated.  

Edit: I've tried DDU and no luck.  Edit: This picture here I recently added shows csgo at 90 fps.  I couldn't capture it but my cpu usage was at 11% and gpu around 20-30ish maybe, further updates will be stated.2017-02-26.png

Try using DDU to uninstall graphics drivers completely, then reinstall them

edit: are you not running like a 4K screen maybe? 

That's an F in the profile pic

Try uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and downloading the newest drivers from Nvidia's website. 

Also, are you sure you're playing at the same settings? I mean when I played the wildlands CB, I only got 40 or so FPS at high settings (I think) 1080p with my RX470 which is only a tad slower than your 1060 6GB... :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

ur supposed to get 250-300fps in csgo..most probably ur using intel igpu only. reinstall nvidia drivers

Just now, Hunter06 said:

ur supposed to get 250-300fps in csgo..most probably ur using intel igpu only. reinstall nvidia drivers

Nope, it's more down to his CPU what FPS he gets as if you were playing at 1080p (or lower), there will be next to no difference going  from a 1060 to a titan XP soooo :P 

I have a 970 and a hella old I5-2500K and I had around 45-65 locked in Ghost Recon Wildlands. Sometings.... wrong....  Check the ram too... People have claimed their ram stick/sticks were bad or something like that.

Have you checked seetings 1 by one with your friend? Are you surely running at the same settings? Have you palyed with Nvidia control settings panel?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

By the way the specs make no sense why does it have a Z170 motherboard if the core is locked 6700k. Wtf?

Just now, Xreldo said:

By the way the specs make no sense why does it have a Z170 motherboard if the core is locked 6700k. Wtf?

Why not? It's much cheaper for them to buy the exact same motherboard in bulk rather than buying many different motherboards :P 

Just now, Xreldo said:

I can see the problem 

my new pre-built computer from cyberpower (gtx 1060) is under performing!

It might be pre-built, but a GTX 1060 is a GTX 1060 and an i7-6700 is an i7-6700. It doesn't matter who put those inside the case. They are what they are. If you've got nothing helpful to post, don't.

OP, make sure you're not using the iGPU and reinstall drivers as others have stated. Although very unlikely, you should check your RAM for problems as well using something like Memtest86.

Also, make sure your Nvidia settings aren't using Dynamic Super Resolution to upscale beyond what your 1060 can handle. Check the Nvidia Control Panel for this. Do not let GeForce Experience automatically optimize your games, because their auto "optimization" is trash 99% of the time. Software can't tell you what your preferred gaming experience is.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nope, it's more down to his CPU what FPS he gets as if you were playing at 1080p (or lower), there will be next to no difference going  from a 1060 to a titan XP soooo :P 

i guess u never played csgo. its impossible to get 80fps with a 1060 in cs go. i am telling that because i have almost the exact same system except i have a i5. my gpu usage is 65-70% but my cpu maxes  out. with his i7 heshould get more fps than me not 80fps.

had a very similar issue, my gtx 1060 started crashing  a ton after an update and getting low fps and it turned out running my memmory in single channel was the issue, moved the ram and now it works fine.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Just now, Xreldo said:

He has 4 sticks though.

Yeah but he should do ram tests anyway, I also agree with reinstalling driver or using older ones.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

1 minute ago, Hunter06 said:

i guess u never played csgo. its impossible to get 80fps with a 1060 in cs go. i am telling that because i have almost the exact same system except i have a i5. my gpu usage is 65-70% but my cpu maxes  out. with his i7 heshould get more fps than me not 80fps.

Hey, I've never said anything about 80fps being a correct figure...all I said was that it's not based on how good the GPU is and more CPU.

You really want to talk about who's played more CSGO? I have about 2100-2200 hours combined across my 1600hrs main and 3 smurfs who tried going semi-pro last year but got bored of the game... xD 

22 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I will use ddu shortly and I use a 60hz 1920 x 1080 monitor

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Hey, I've never said anything about 80fps being a correct figure...all I said was that it's not based on how good the GPU is and more CPU.

You really want to talk about who's played more CSGO? I have about 2100-2200 hours combined across my 1600hrs main and 3 smurfs who tried going semi-pro last year but got bored of the game... xD 

u reply implied he should not be getting 250-300 fps...his cpu bottlenecked so his frames are ok.

but anyways as ur the pro who is to argue

4 minutes ago, Hunter06 said:

u reply implied he should not be getting 250-300 fps...his cpu bottlenecked so his frames are ok.

but anyways as ur the pro who is to argue

All I wanted to imply was FPS in CSGO actually highly depended on his CPU. I mean I ran CSGO using a HD4000 iGPU on my 3570K where I still got something like 200fps whereas using my 290X only boosted the frame rate up to 250-300fps :P 

I get 450fps on older maps like Mirage and D2 and 350fps on Newke and Infernew with my 5820K and RX470 so I know for a fact that CPUs affect FPSes more than GPUs in CS. (and yes, my dual 290Xs died hence the RX470)

4 hours ago, Froody129 said:

I will use ddu shortly and I use a 60hz 1920 x 1080 monito

3 hours ago, Victor_the_Enforcer said:

I will use ddu shortly and I use a 60hz 1920 x 1080 monitor

3 hours ago, Julian5 said:

Yeah but he should do ram tests anyway, I also agree with reinstalling driver or using older ones.

3 hours ago, Emberstone said:

It might be pre-built, but a GTX 1060 is a GTX 1060 and an i7-6700 is an i7-6700. It doesn't matter who put those inside the case. They are what they are. If you've got nothing helpful to post, don't.

OP, make sure you're not using the iGPU and reinstall drivers as others have stated. Although very unlikely, you should check your RAM for problems as well using something like Memtest86.

Also, make sure your Nvidia settings aren't using Dynamic Super Resolution to upscale beyond what your 1060 can handle. Check the Nvidia Control Panel for this. Do not let GeForce Experience automatically optimize your games, because their auto "optimization" is trash 99% of the time. Software can't tell you what your preferred gaming experience is.

Yes I've tried DDU and no luck, I will check the memory now thank you everyone

11 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Have you checked seetings 1 by one with your friend? Are you surely running at the same settings? Have you palyed with Nvidia control settings panel?

yes

11 hours ago, Hunter06 said:

my gpu usage is very low i didnt check cpu usage however