"No Audio Output Device is Installed"

Hi! I'm troubleshooting a friends laptop that randomly crashed last night and now she has no audio output and can't hear anything. 

Here's what I've tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling realtek audio drivers
Installing dedicated Lenuvo laptop drivers from the dedicated website

Running the windows 10 audio troubleshooter
Restoring a backup from a few days ago

I personally think this is a hardware issue having to do with her possible soundchip but I wanted to reach out for more info before I take something apart or something like that. I'll be happy to provide more information if needed. 

Here's a image of her device manager, sound options just don't exist in it

skyaudio.png

In "Device Manager" Right click on anything, it doesn't matter what, then click on "Scan for hardware change".

It seems like this Dolby Audio file was the cause of the crashimage.png.0da9c5c60dd55d2b14cafcb1dc379d07.png

Just now, Thomas4 said:

In "Device Manager" Right click on anything, it doesn't matter what, then click on "Scan for hardware change".

Did nothing sadly 

I plugged in her microphone and it has an audio output built-in on the mic and it came up with this, audio still doesn't work image.thumb.png.a73c9efbd717b2d30c8c4f5ad1948013.png

The mic works after updating drivers, the speakers and audio jack built into the laptop do not

What normally happens when you shut down Windows 10, it really doesn't, it actually goes into a deep sleep and retains all of its memory after it comes back on.

To actually turn your computer off, there is a quick procedure, which you can reverse afterwards with no problems.

Open Control Panel

Click Hardware and Sound

Under Power Options, click Change what the power buttons do.

Click Change settings that are currently unavailable

IF YOU DON'T SEE THE FOLLOWING, DON'T WORRY AS NOT ALL MANUFACTURERS GIVE YOU THE OPTION AND YOUR COMPUTER DOES SHUT DOWN.

Next, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast start-up then click Save changes.

Close all open windows.

Then use the computers power button turn it off. Wait about 30 seconds or so, no need to get that picky and reboot.

It will take a little longer to get to the Welcome screen, because it has to do a little more work behind the scenes. Everything should now work.

What I do here is not necessary, but I feel why not. Go to Windows Update and go to Optional Updates and install everything listed there. That way when you download any updates they will be too. Most of the time this will remain empty, so again, don't worry.

1 minute ago, Thomas4 said:

What normally happens when you shut down Windows 10, it really doesn't, it actually goes into a deep sleep and retains all of its memory after it comes back on.

To actually turn your computer off, there is a quick procedure, which you can reverse afterwards with no problems.

Open Control Panel

Click Hardware and Sound

Under Power Options, click Change what the power buttons do.

Click Change settings that are currently unavailable

IF YOU DON'T SEE THE FOLLOWING, DON'T WORRY AS NOT ALL MANUFACTURERS GIVE YOU THE OPTION AND YOUR COMPUTER DOES SHUT DOWN.

Next, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast start-up then click Save changes.

Close all open windows.

Then use the computers power button turn it off. Wait about 30 seconds or so, no need to get that picky and reboot.

It will take a little longer to get to the Welcome screen, because it has to do a little more work behind the scenes. Everything should now work.

What I do here is not necessary, but I feel why not. Go to Windows Update and go to Optional Updates and install everything listed there. That way when you download any updates they will be too. Most of the time this will remain empty, so again, don't worry.

gonna try this soon, thank you 

ok yeah i don't have that option

Boot into Setup (Bios) Go to Advanced or Integrated Peripherals. Look for Onboard Audio, if it is Disabled, Enable it. Save and Exit.

If you can't find that, go into the Device Manager/View/Show Hidden Devices. See if an audio controller is there. 

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on any volunteer's post to thank them if they helped .(lower left, just to the right of My Computer )