What are your techniques for awkwardly carrying a computer case onto a bus?

Go to solution Solved by Napalm Death,

Dress it up like a small child and sit it on the seat next to you. Completely legit.

I'm getting the Corsair 400c, and I just want to know the best method you guys use.

Don't talk about stale memes.

Everytime I carry a desktop pc in a bus I wear a huge old brown dress (I am a man) and I hide it underneath. It makes me look fat and powerful so people respect me.

1 minute ago, Napalm Death said:

Dress it up like a small child and sit it on the seat next to you. Completely legit.

Hmmm, I could combine it with a little trick I call compassion generator. I'll trip on every step getting on the bus.

1 minute ago, oscar7601 said:

Everytime I carry a desktop pc in a bus I wear a huge old brown dress (I am a man) and I hide it underneath. It makes me look fat and powerful so people respect me.

But isn't it a square?

Just now, Acorn Eyes said:

But isn't it a square?

Yes, which makes people even more afraid of telling me anything which could make me angry at them!

1 minute ago, Dryader said:

be on your phone the whole time and don't glance at anyone and when the stop comes try and act like ur cool.

oi what if my phone dies

Buy a suitcase to fit it and then no one will give it a second thought.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, Dryader said:

then just stare at your case and act like ur checking it out and modding/tuning/fixing it.

Most people won't know the difference:D

It'd be in a box lmao. Buying it brand new.

1 minute ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Buy a suitcase to fit it and then no one will give it a second thought.

Well if I were to spend money I might as well get an uber.

6 minutes ago, Acorn Eyes said:

I'm getting the Corsair 400c, and I just want to know the best method you guys use.

Get a friend of mine to do it for me :D (Jk)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Ohhhh you mean literally just the case.  I thought you meant carrying it to a lan party or something.   I doubt anyone would care.  Most people on the bus just trying not to get stabbed.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, Acorn Eyes said:

It'd be in a box lmao. Buying it brand new.

Take the box in your arm. Enter in the bus. Wait. Exit at destination. Done.

Whats the issue ? You afraid of other people thoughts ? Tell them you are a computer engineer for google, everyone knows google.

Id just purchase it off amazon have it delivered right to my door and probably get it cheaper than locally.  Barring that I'd get a courier to pick it up and drop it off( I use to work as one for a period and did this numerous times)  For 6 bucks seems like its not worth dealing with lines at the store and taking a bus with a big awkward box.

Moonwalk while getting on the bus. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I don't think they really give AF as long as it doesn't have wires dangling out of it connected to a potato. 

I would put it in a suitcase. Depending on the people where you live, they probably won't notice it. But I don't think any one would give you too many weird looks. Sure it would be awkward for you for the time you spend on the bus but I wouldn't worry about it. My biggest concern would be someone stealing it thinking it was a full-computer.

Making a big scene and constantly telling everyone on the bus that it isn't a bomb usually does the trick...

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Making a big scene and constantly telling everyone on the bus that it isn't a bomb usually does the trick...

What should I cover it with so that they don't know what it is (so they don't assume its a bomb)? ))))).

Get some duct tape and strap it to yourself like a backpack. Act like it's extremely heavy but refuse any suggestions on how to better transport it when people ask about it.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

1 minute ago, Acorn Eyes said:

What should I cover it with so that they don't know what it is (so they don't assume its a bomb)? ))))).

Tape like a kitchen timer on it and glue a bunch of wires going from it to the interior of the case. Then constantly look at it and mutter something about only having 4 minutes left.

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Tape like a kitchen timer on it and glue a bunch of wires going from it to the interior of the case. Then constantly look at it and mutter something about only having 4 minutes left.

Would it be easier to wear a turban?

6 minutes ago, Acorn Eyes said:

Put a fake invoice on the front with the sender address saying something like this:

ISIS RMA Department

666 Nitroglycerin Lane

Raqqah IS1 507

Syria

That ought to do it. :P:P:P

In all honesty though, I wouldn't bother with anything special. Yes, it's going to be a bit embarrassing being thát guy who takes a massive piece of luggage (because that's how your fellow passengers will view it) onto a bus, but luck permitting you only have to do it once.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

1 minute ago, Acorn Eyes said:

Would it be easier to wear a turban?

Honestly these days I think the only prerequisite is to be brown.