Linus is unbelievably wrong about rouge one

Hello all,

I have just finished watching the most recent VOD of the wan show and I cannot believe Linus's rant about rogue one. As a man who his entire channel is shitty puns about tech he bitches about how Darth Vader, or as I say darth sass master, is out of character when he cracks a pun at director krennic. However by far his worst offence was his comments on the shield close scene. I am going to be quite blunt. Where you Linus Sebastian even watching the same fucking movie the rest of us saw. I have just watch ----- cam record of the scene and Linus is not even close to being at all accurate.

-redacted-

Lets count the time from warp in to shield fully close. 1:37:40 to 1:38:53. Just over 1 minute. So you have a hard time believing in the midst of a battle that commanders in space who had to get a hold of someone on the ground who then had to walk over to krennic who had to make a decision under pressure to then get his lackey to walk to his tech guys and tell them to lock down an entire planet plus re contact space guys who are scrabling as a fucking fleet of ships have just warped in to give orders to close a massive shield gate just happened to take more than one minute. 

Next let's take a quick count of a section of blue squadron on screen at 1:38:23 a I count 7 ships 5 x-wings and 2 U-wing troop transports. After the general gives the orders for more to form up on him they begin to fly through the open gate. Lets count how many more than 4 get through. First one flies through at 1:38:40 and following him on screen we see 13 ships fly through including the 2 troop transports possibly a 3rd its hard to tell at this quality. Quick look at wookiepedia says 8 passengers and at least 3 crew. so that's 24 new boots on the ground in addition to the ~24 we see on screen during the speech before they leave the rebel base. We will use Linus' estimate of 30 rebels + the 24 and we have our 50-60 rebels fighting it out on the surface. 

But above all lets count the time it takes for the most "egregious" instance of the "bomb defusal" effect Linus has ever seen.1:38:44 the barrier starts to lift, 1:38:51 the shield is free from the barriers. 1:38:52 the shield is fully closed... Need i say anything else. A grand total of 8 seconds with only 1 second of shield swoosh. 

Edited by colonel_mortis
Removed links to illegal content

6 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

But, that's just like, your opinion man. 

A well-supported opinion, but an opinion, yes.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Has Linus ever fucked up this badly before? I don't think so.

Leaving his laptop out in the rain?

Breaking three motherboards when trying to build a router?

Stealing that Razer laptop?

Crashing his lambo and then pretending like he just had a Honda all along?

Marrying Yvonne instead of Luke?

Wearing socks and sandals?

Those things pale in comparison to how wrong he is about Rogue One!

its a movie , i dont like home alone , am i a bad person or wrong for doing so ? 

heck i have seen the guys from RLM being "EH" on rouge one and thats just there opinion 

OPINIONS

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

What is it with people endlessly misspelling Rogue as "Rouge"? I mean, if everybody who did it was actually French, I could understand, but to anybody else, surely a native English word like Rogue must come much more naturally than Rouge...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Has Linus ever fucked up this badly before? I don't think so.

Leaving his laptop out in the rain?

Breaking three motherboards when trying to build a router?

Stealing that Razer laptop?

Crashing his lambo and then pretending like he just had a Honda all along?

Marrying Yvonne instead of Luke?

Wearing socks and sandals?

Those things pale in comparison to how wrong he is about Rogue One!

You forgot the part where he made a slave joke on the wan show and got massive sponsor blowback 

- snip-

But Rogue One did suck.

The point is not that you should or should not like rogue one because that is an opinion. The point of this was to point out facts and how linus is simply wrong about what was going on in the movie. If he simply said" I did not like darth vader in this movie", that is fine but when he starts making up facts to support his opinion he, or anyone who does this, is a liar and needs to be called out.

10 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

But, that's just like, your opinion man. 

The point is not that one should or should not like rogue one because that is an opinion. The point of this was to point out facts and how linus is simply wrong about what was going on in the movie. If he simply said" I did not like darth vader in this movie", that is fine but when he starts making up facts to support his opinion he, or anyone who does this, is a liar and needs to be called out. 

I do agree with the OP, largely.

And in defense of the Score, the composer had FOUR GODDAMN WEEKS to make it. He is a fucking genius for it even being as remotely good as it was, with only 4 weeks to compose, and then have an orchestra learn and play a score to an entire movie.

Was it an amazing score? No. In my opinion, it was mixed. Some of the music wasn't the best. But some of it, particularly towards the end, was fucking great.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I do agree with the OP, largely.

And in defense of the Score, the composer had FOUR GODDAMN WEEKS to make it. He is a fucking genius for it even being as remotely good as it was, with only 4 weeks to compose, and then have an orchestra learn and play a score to an entire movie.

Was it an amazing score? No. In my opinion, it was mixed. Some of the music wasn't the best. But some of it, particularly towards the end, was fucking great.

Damn, 4 weeks to do a movie score? That's a fucking feat in of itself.

I could see someone comparing it to an album, but the large difference here is that a movie score has to be fucking spot on, and written for however many instruments are used there. Albums, especially in the realm of rap (I'm using rap as it's the genre I'm most familiar with, you could probably apply it to anything really), can be produced far faster if you wanted. Samples and/or beats are way easier to mess with than live instruments.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Only things I liked about Rogue One was the laser battles and the Krennic Imperial theme.

I am with the force and the force is with me.

in which wan show does he gives his opinion? do you have a link?

On Fri Feb 24 2017 at 5:49 AM, Space Reptile said:

its a movie , i dont like home alone , am i a bad person or wrong for doing so ? 

Yes. Jump off a bridge. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

10 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Yes. Jump off a bridge. 

but then id get wet

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

12 hours ago, FernanDK said:

in which wan show does he gives his opinion? do you have a link?

bump which wanshow was it?

1 minute ago, FernanDK said:

bump which wanshow was it?

Two or three ago. It was very recent.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Opinions don't matter online tbh

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB