A rare moment when the right and the left unite

Misanthrope

Needless to say the very nature of just mentioning Milo, something of a Voldemort for the progressive left, will make the Topic a prime target to be closed. My only hope is that most people find Milo so objectionable that it will keep the conversation civil but well.

In case you haven't hear Milo has been targeted about his implicit, explicit and some might say even complicit support for Paedophilia:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/milo-yiannopoulos-latest-news-paedophilia-breitbart-video-child-abuse-right-wing-sexual-relationship-a7589656.html?amp

This goes back to one of my personal favorite podcats, The Drunken Peasants Podcast as well as his interview with Joe Rogan. Video can be found here but I suggest reading the article if you don't feel like sitting through nearly 3 hours of drunken, stoned shitlords arguing with a conservative and taking the piss of random videos

Spoiler

He central point is that he condones pedophilia and alludes to his personal experience being molested by a Catholic priest at 13 or 14 years of age:

Yiannopoulos says “we get hung up on this child abuse stuff”. He said he believed the current legal age of consent was “probably about right” before making the claim that some teenagers are “capable” of consenting to sexual activity at a younger age.

He said: “But there are certainly people who are capable of giving consent at a younger age. I certainly consider myself to be one of them, people who were sexually active younger”. He added that he believed this “particularly happens in the gay world”.

At one point he refers to the possibility of relationships between 13-year-olds and 25- or 28-years-olds, claiming “these things do happen, perfectly consensually”.

He claims there is an “arbitrary and oppressive” idea of consent, and that “people are messy and complex, and in the homosexual world particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men, the coming of age relationships,” are places in which “those older men help those young boys to discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable rock where they can’t speak to their parents.”

He is interrupted by one of the presenters, who said: “This sounds like priest molestation to me.”

Mr Yiannopoulos replies: “And do you know what? I’m, grateful to Father Michael, I wouldn’t give nearly as good head if it wasn’t for him.”

Here is the curious thing: this is over a year old video and the Joe Rogan interview is even older than that. So why is it making the news right now all of the sudden? Given his past encounters with the Progressive Left (that have literally organized protests that turned into riots over him speaking) it appears that other conservatives are the ones breaking the news. So apparently this is the "Never Trumpers" camp according to him (though I personally suspect the Conservatives are just not ok with a flamboyant homosexuals condoning, aiding and abetting pedophiles, it's kind of their thing after all to denounce this kind of stuff) that are now bringing up fairly ancient news but now Milo went on the defensive and tried to apologize on Facebook....yet not really. He gave a kind of "Sorry not sorry" reply and said that while he condones Pedophilia he choose his words poorly, but still made it a point to say and I quote "I did say that there are relationships between younger men and older men that can help a young gay man escape from a lack of support or understanding at home. That's perfectly true and every gay man knows it. But I was not talking about anything illegal and I was not referring to pre-pubescent boys." Which is direct contradiction from what he said on the podcast where he was saying how some 13 and 14 year old entering puberty where fair game basically.

So what do you guys think? I have seen a lot of his personal friends that are otherwise objective, go off the deep end and make all kind of excuses. For some reason a lot of people who support his positions on Free Speech (About the only redeemable position Milo holds actually) and enjoy his relentless criticism of Feminism, Black Lives Matter, etc. Are somewhat calling this a witch hunt. They seem to forget he's a fairly average conservative with extremely objectionable views for anyone who is also not big on conservatism. But for some reason many are still reluctant to put some distance with him and the #MAGA crowd but well the infamous alt right is calling for his blood now so it seems he has no friends left....Except for his boss Steve Bannon who just happens to be Chief Strategist for Trump himself but well even with powerful friends he might be dropped.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ya know what why not, we are now allowing and even in some cases condoning things that were looked down upon 20-60 years ago.

Lets just throw away all ethical and moral standing in this world say all is fair game ... its a choice now not anything wrong about it.

:|

(FYI this an opening to a flame war topic just to say and my comment is may not be the worst but it obvious were I stand with my signature and all) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Pretty sure that unless you're a fairly indoctrinated extremist (Like a far left progressive or a really crazy Anarcho Capitalist) most, if not ALL of us openly, consistently and even forcefully condemn Pedophilia Sans.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I saw this and laughed earlier today.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

23 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Pretty sure that unless you're a fairly indoctrinated extremist (Like a far left progressive or a really crazy Anarcho Capitalist) most, if not ALL of us openly, consistently and even forcefully condemn Pedophilia Sans.

I am obviously being sarcastic .. didn't think I needed to add the /s .

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

24 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

if not ALL of us openly, consistently and even forcefully condemn Pedophilia Sans.

11 minutes ago, Steven Horton said:

Milo is saying what most of the world agrees with, regarding age of consent.

Two.  TWO POSTS. It was TWO POSTS from when you said that till someone came in and said 'No, I'm totally on board with pedophilia'.

Honest to god, I read your post and I said to myself 'Wait.  Just wait. In less than an hour people will be saying that they should get to screw all the 12 year old boys they want to and you can quote Misanthrope and it'll be hilarious'.  14 minutes is all it took.

Honest to god Misanthrope, it's like you've never been on the internet before, it's almost adorable. But let me tell you, in threads like these, there will be no shortage of people to suddenly come out of the woodwork and here we are!  Welcome to the internet!

Hey look, a leftie (myself), and a rightie @SansVarnic unite; in the understanding that the context of the thread, and the fact that it is even a thread, is stupid. 

I am just making a joke BTW... I am often considered a leftie because of a few policy positions, and I presuming Sans' political leaning

20 minutes ago, Steven Horton said:

Milo is saying what most of the world agrees with, regarding age of consent. I'm going to agree, however, that this topic should be closed before it gets really bad.

What, you mean the part where Milo said age of consent is probably fine where it is right now? (16 to 18 in most places) Or do you mean his contradictory statement about 13 year olds that sexually mature (according to science this is almost unheard of, like an extremely tiny minority) are fair game?

One thing is to say that maybe age of consent should be a case by case basis, but 13 year old boys? That's molestation and rape there's almost no way a 13 year old is psychologically prepared to consent to an adult. Even then on the Joe Rogan interview he implied he witnessed boys even younger than that and refused to give them up.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You can make a argument for lowering the age of consent however that argument is usually to put it at 16 or Romeo Juliet style laws, but arguing for 12/13 year old age of consent is just stupidity and negates the entire purpose of said laws which was preventing rampant child exploitation.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

You can make a argument for lowering the age of consent however that argument is usually to put it at 16 or Romeo Juliet style laws, but arguing for 12/13 year old age of consent is just stupidity and negates the entire purpose of said laws which was rampant child exploitation.

Given that he's from England and that's where he grew up he wasn't referring to legal age of consent (already 16 in England AFAIK) and when he was not intentionally vague he did say 13 so that's probably how old he was when he was raped by that Catholic Priest.

-------

Current Rig

-------

23 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

<snip>

Honest to god, I read your post and I said to myself 'Wait.  Just wait. In less than an hour people will be saying that they should get to screw all the 12 year old boys they want to and you can quote Misanthrope and it'll be hilarious'.  14 minutes is all it took.

<snip>

I had the exact same thought.

*edit

But seriously this thread need to be closed before 24hrs passes ... there some pretty questionable posters here ... just saying.

Edited by SansVarnic

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

I had the exact same thought.

I give it two hours tops until this thread is a debate on weather or not age of consent laws need to be lowered as the pedos multiply.

Well, that's assuming doesn't shut this thread down first, cause this thing is going no where good.

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I thought that there was not that many people into kids (Other than certain Swedish member with a lolita avatar)

This is like listening to a child say that they believe in Santa Claus.

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I thought that there was not that many people into kids (Other than certain Swedish member with a lolita/anime avatar)

Well from a instinctual perspective it makes sense to be attracted to the newly developed as they are the most fertile however we as a society can't allow this behavior as it is detrimental to a civil society from an economic perspective, and an ethical one. As I said the point of these laws was to prevent rampant child exploitation, we still have exploitation but minimizing it and punishing it is all that can be done as the world will always have deviants, thus removing this restrictions is moronic and sick to non deviants.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

17 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well from a instinctual perspective it makes sense to be attracted to the newly developed as they are the most fertile however we as a society can't allow this behavior as it is detrimental to a civil society from an economic perspective, and an ethical one. As I said the point of these laws was to prevent rampant child exploitation, we still have exploitation but minimizing it and punishing it is all that can be done as the world will always have deviants, thus removing this restrictions is moronic and sick to non deviants.

Actually on average I would call 15 to 16 "newly developed" but not 13. It's possible but it's definitively not the norm. 

But the main point is that we're not judging ourselves as instinctual beings: If that was the case we'd have to normalize murder, cannibalism, torture, etc. All behaviors that are observed in nature from purely instinctual animals.

But I guess is that the conclusion we sort of agree on the conclusion which is minimizing and deterring deviants and sociopaths without regard for the well being of developing teens.

-------

Current Rig

-------

11 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

Hah, you underestimate the left. The next logical step from homosexuality, 96 genders, and 'saying no to women is rape' is obviously to make pedophilia okay. 

Oh that's already going on, but I still believe that it will be the strict territory of extremist ideologues. Normal people might tacitly agree to a degree but still won't let their kids near any of them and thus it will probably never get traction with the general population.

Because in the end you can easily distance yourself from consenting adults to do whatever but once you involve minors that are unable to give informed consent people will get defensive fast. It's not just fear of the unknown is a much more direct treat to one's family and henceforth you.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Let's be reminded here that we are still a tech forum, and heavy topics like this aren't exactly the place for them. 

3 - The Off-Topic section IS for productive threads that may not fall into one of the already laid out sections of the forum. At all times though, this is a tech centered and focused forum.

-Locked-