Early Xbox One delivery reveals 500MB initial update, 17 second startup -- then banned

Youbetternot

First of all I am going to start with microsoft, apparently a youtube video that featured the unboxing of the xbox one was taken down, most likely by Microsoft. Second for some reason Microsoft wants to ban people from using it prelunch. Another funny thing is that NBA 2K14 is 43GB, let that sink in 43GBs. Now EA's Madden and FIFA are 12GB and 8GB. Other games to mention Forza 5 at 31GB, Dead Rising 3 at 19GB and Call of Duty: Ghosts 39GB, man those GBs. So Far we know there are 3 xboxs that got pre-release 2 by target and one by a unkown source.

post-32324-0-99864300-1384002022.jpg

codghostsinstall-moonlightswami.jpg

Now that there are Xbox Ones in the wild -- thanks to Target's apparently leaky pre-order system -- we're finding out more and more about the system. Moonlight Swami has been busy messing around with the console, and while not everything is available two weeks before the official launch, there are some things that we haven't seen before. He's timed the bootup at 17 seconds to get to the dashboard, and the update that downloaded during setup measured at 500MB. The listings for games on the Xbox Live Marketplace reveal some hefty downloads in store for next-gen -- interestingly NBA 2K14 is 43GB while EA's Madden and FIFA are 12GB and 8GB, respectively. Other notables include Forza 5 at 31GB, Dead Rising 3 at 19GB andCall of Duty: Ghosts 39GB.

The only thing that's notched serious criticism so far, interestingly is the Game DVR feature. While it appears to work well, snatching the last 30 seconds at will or recording 5 minutes at a time on command, he called its quality just alright, and not quite up to par with his existing capture PVR-to-YouTube setup. You can see some of the footage captured in GIF form below, or check out the @MoonlightswamiTwitter feed for further updates.

The bad news? Just as we posted this, Moonlight Swami indicates that his console has been banned. This after the YouTube video of his initial unboxing was taken down, apparently by Microsoft. Assuming that the report is correct, the system is properly purchased and paid for, we'll see if the folks at Redmond undo the block or can explain further

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/early-xbox-one-details/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

So that day one update is only 500 MB?

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

LEBRONS FACE NEEDS ALL THE RESOLUTION OK?? IT'S REALLY BIG

OustgEF.png

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

So that day one update is only 500 MB?

Yep only 500MB

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Yep only 500MB

That's totally fine. With my internet (and my internet is pretty slowe) That would take 4 minutes and 10 secs. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

g136936181676990663.jpg

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

i was just about to post it ;_; but yeah a 10000$ 2 weeks early access WTH?!?!

mvm that stuff was on the verge article http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/9/5083780/xbox-one-early-pre-order-deliveries

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I think the ban will be temporary to prevent reviews of games and apps

Yep it is a temporary ban, but he already leaked some more info on the xbox one games. My question is, why not let them just be put under NDA

Yep it is a temporary ban, but he already leaked some more info on the xbox one games. My question is, why not let them just be put under NDA

Because it takes longer than just hit the ban and it has to be a mutual agreement.

There are 3 consoles as far we know have been leaked, 2 from Target and the other one is from an unknown source. The only guy who got banned was the one who uploaded the videos on YouTube

Because it takes longer than just hit the ban and it has to be a mutual agreement.

There are 3 consoles as far we know have been leaked 2 from Target and the other one is unknown source. The only guy who got banned was the one who uploaded the videos on YouTube

Thanks for clarifying the NDA term. Well I guess who ever saw the video before it got put down, knows what's coming.

That's totally fine. With my internet (and my internet is pretty slowe) That would take 4 minutes and 10 secs. 

slow you say?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

slow you say?

Yeah i misspelled it ^^ And 2 MB down is really slow when most of your friends have something like 15 MB per second.

Yeah i misspelled it ^^ And 2 MB down is really slow when most of your friends have something like 15 MB per second.

i get 2mb down. megabits.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

2MB/s is sufficiently fast. 2Mb/s is slow

B = byte

b = bit

1 byte = 8 bits

Praise Duarte!

Microsoft is digging their grave.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I don't think that it's legal for Microsoft to bann a console because of use on prelaunch.
MS will probably get sued if it's not under the terms of use or on the box.

RTX2070OC 

Microsoft is digging their grave.

They've dug their grave and climbed in head first. Now they are trying to get out, but the walls keep giving way. They are literally being buried alive. lol at least thats how i see Microsoft. I, for one, will be taking a hand full of dirt and ending their misery by throwing it over their dieing body. (I'll be doing this by not buying the xbone)

I don't think that it's legal for Microsoft to bann a console because of use on prelaunch.

MS will probably get sued if it's not under the terms of use or on the box.

Pretty sure that the xbox live term of use say that they can ban you for any reason and they dont even have to tell you why. Also by accepting you give up the right to sue them. However, if you do sue them then you will also owe them their layer fees.

2MB/s is sufficiently fast. 2Mb/s is slow

B = byte

b = bit

1 byte = 8 bits

2 MB is not fast at all. I took me like 3 hours to download Crysis 3. 

Pretty sure that the xbox live term of use say that they can ban you for any reason and they dont even have to tell you why. Also by accepting you give up the right to sue them. However, if you do sue them then you will also owe them their layer fees.

They can ban your XboxLive account but banning your console is a diffrent story.

RTX2070OC 

explaining to do ?

is this guy a dumbass

EVERYONE knows that using ANYTHING before its released gets u a ban

not true ive been getting 360 games early from a local brick and mortar store, always got them on the friday before the tuesday launch and NEVER ONCE have i been banned.. then again i dont go posting it everywhere to get attention 

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

They can ban your XboxLive account but banning your console is a diffrent story.

but then they can also ban your IP, so either way no multiplayer for you!

Praise Duarte!