Fake - NES Mini production might have already ended

Master Disaster

Nintendo UK has responded saying the rumours are fake

http://www.techradar.com/news/dont-panic-nintendo-nes-mini-production-will-continue

A few European based retailers are saying that Nintendo have told them production is over and there will be 2 more shipments going out then that's it, no more NES Minis/Classics.

The NES mini has been a huge success for Nintendo — the console is still sold out at most retailers due to a massive demand that hasn’t let up in months.

And while Nintendo acknowledged the shortages a few months ago, they didn’t do much to address the issue.

In fact, it suggests the complete opposite: according to a Norwegian, Nintendo told them that NES mini manufacturing has stopped, but that they can expect a few more shipments.

Norwegian retailer Spillsjappa said on their Facebook page that Nintendo has ended production of the NES Mini (aka the NES Classic) and added that there will be deliveries in March and April, and “then it’s over”.

A Swedish retailer said the same thing: that their Nordic distributor Bergsala has informed them that production of the NES Mini has ended and that only a few more shipments are expected.

http://nintendotoday.com/retailer-says-nes-mini-production-has-ended/

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1343586

https://m.facebook.com/spillsjappa/posts/1247404862008627

Doesn't surprise me, the thing was hacked and Nintendo don't like their official hardware being hackable, given they can't update/patch it ceasing production is the next logical step. Why waste money making something the public can use to play Nintendo games illegally?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

if anything this will make the people who werent emulating games out of a sense off fairness towards nintendo go out and emulate them out of spite. Also this news is likely to make the scalpers jack the price of their units about 1000%.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

1 hour ago, Ostwind said:

if anything this will make the people who werent emulating games out of a sense off fairness towards nintendo go out and emulate them out of spite. Also this news is likely to make the scalpers jack the price of their units about 1000%.

Well that's always been Nintendo's business model, especially for new releases; don't build enough of them, so that whatever you do make gets immediately bought up and resold on ebay at twice the MSRP.  They seem to love creating underground markets and missing out on profit.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Shame that, I wanted to pick on up for myself, rather than having to emulate, and know they aren't being made anymore the price is gonna skyrocket on ebay.

MJEFF IS USEFULL

47 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well that's always been Nintendo's business model, especially for new releases; don't build enough of them, so that whatever you do make gets immediately bought up and resold on ebay at twice the MSRP.  They seem to love creating underground markets and missing out on profit.

Because they're a toy company first and foremost, not a game company, so creating false demand to inflate the perceived 'collectibility' of their products as a whole is at the top of their playbook to make sure enough cultists line up around the block to buy their actually mass-produced products.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

27 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Because they're a toy company first and foremost, not a game company, so creating false demand to inflate the perceived 'collectibility' of their products as a whole is at the top of their playbook to make sure enough cultists line up around the block to buy their actually mass-produced products.

I'm interested to hear your explanation on how Nintendo are a toy company ahead of a game company?

They define themselves as a consumer electronics and software company and they're one of the largest video game companies in the world.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

22 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm interested

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

raspberrypi + nes like case + retropie = problem solved

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

35 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Seen it, doesn't make it true though. When a company makes the vast majority of their revenue from selling gaming hardware and gaming software they are a gaming company.

Ferrari have a line of clothing, that doesn't make Ferrari a clothing company.

Heard rumors about this in the hacking scene,  though must of us there areht sure its true. The hack was quickly found because Nintendo did very little to secure their device. It even uses hardware that has existing usb drivers,  which is part of why we could almost immediately slap on linux. 

If nintendo cared about the hack they would have truely locked it down. 

Doubt this holds water. 

At best this is only true of PAL teritories as the nes was a flop in thise regions compared to NA, JP. 

EU guy backs that up. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

3 hours ago, mgfmcfc said:

Shame that, I wanted to pick on up for myself, rather than having to emulate, and know they aren't being made anymore the price is gonna skyrocket on ebay.

Why the fuck are you typing in blue, that shit is totally illegible on dark theme

2 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Because they're a toy company first and foremost

Um no. I get what you're saying about their roots as a toy company and such but they haven't made fucking toys in decades. Artificial scarcity is a bullshit outdated concept in the days of endless replications with digital downloads and hardware is quickly becoming more irrelevant.

Yet the one company that would be hurt more by this approach of "We're toy makers!" will be Nintendo. It's hard to think about it since they made quite a bit of bank on the Wii and the DS but coincidentally, those are the consoles that weren't perpetually scarce and after a while people could actually fucking buy.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Ferrari have a line of clothing, that doesn't make Ferrari a clothing company.

Ferrari also started out as a sports car company.

Lamborghini started out as a tractor company, and still makes tractors, which is their primary income.

Nintendo started out as a toy company. In 1889. And their largest income today is the Pokémon TCG, believe it or not. Which is printed, packaged and hosted by Nintendo, and the part of the Pokémon franchise Nintendo is the primary beneficiary of within the Pokémon company group. (Game Freak make the brunt of the video game money, and Creatures Inc. make the brunt of the television, comic, movie and other media money) 

Nintendo don't make as much on video games and consoles as they make in pure franchising of which the biggest chunk is derived from toys and supposedly collectible products.

You can sell a Pokémon fan games worth $40 a year, and you can sell him cards and collectibles for $2000 a year. Which is common. Don't know when the last time you checked stationary stores or toy stores but they are literally overflowing with Mario-, Zelda- and Pokémon themed stuff. All of it Nintendo. Not Game Freak or Creatures. (Unless in the latter case it's some form of media)

19 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Ferrari also started out -continues-

I'm gonna ignore the part I specifically pointed out myself in full acknowledgement that I get your fucking point.

You can sell a Pokémon fan games worth $40 a year, and you can sell him cards and collectibles for $2000 a year. 

It doesn't matter which gives you the most margin, it matters a hell of a whole fucking more which gives you the more overall profits. I can mark up the fuck out of collective cards but will they ever reach the potential to become the biggest entertainment product of all time like GTA V? Nope.

Videogames are far more popular than toys for a reason: their reach is several orders of magnitude greater since people of all ages and more importantly, all kinds of income, enjoy them vs toys. You can disagree with this point but of course that would require showing revenue figures from Videogames vs toys or collective cards.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually Pokemon merch outsells the video games in terms of revenue for The Pokemon Company....

Anyone who thinks otherwise had an exceptionally poor understanding of The Pokemon franchise from a business perspective.

Pokemon video games exist to sell cards and toys.

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Actually Pokemon merch outsells the video games in terms of revenue for The Pokemon Company....

Anyone who thinks otherwise had an exceptionally poor understanding of The Pokemon franchise from a business perspective.

Pokemon video games exist to sell cards and toys.

And the Pokémon company is a conglomerate franchise, as in the profits are split 3 ways between the 3 members.

Ignoring that fact were talking about Nintendos revenue, not the Pokémon companies. 

Nintendo are a gaming company and anyone who thinks otherwise has an exceptionally poor understanding of what Nintendo do.

Also hate to break it to you but your wrong about Pokémon making them the most profit

https://www.statista.com/statistics/216629/nintendo-sales-by-product/ 

Nintendo confirmed this is false.

http://www.techradar.com/news/dont-panic-nintendo-nes-mini-production-will-continue

This same thing happened with the Pixel a few weeks ago. A Canadian carrier emailed people a message claiming Google discontinued the Pixel and people were like "WTF Google?", but then a few hours later Google said the email was full of shit (although, not that way specifically) and Pixel production will continue. Moral of the story? Don't believe retailers saying "Oh, the manufacturer discontinued this thing", only believe it when the manufacturer themselves announces the the discontinuation of the product.

Better buy mine now.   :( 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Better buy mine now.   :( 

Hence the "might have" in the thread title. 90% of the "news" posted here is rumours, as long as its accurately described its not an issue.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Hence the "might have" in the thread title. 90% of the "news" listed here is rumours, as long as its accurately described its not an issue.

I understand but I wanted to buy it last month and kinda forgot ... so this pretty much reminded me. :) 

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I understand but I wanted to buy it last month and kinda forgot ... so this pretty much reminded me. :) 

Shit, didn't mean to quote you. Sorry bud.

9 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Shit, didn't mean to quote you. Sorry bud.

No problem ... 

Happiness is a failing trait ... won't be in stock till 23Feb2017

Ohhh well. *shugs*

Capture.JPG

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

raspberrypi + nes like case + retropie = problem solved

Instructions unclear. Got dick stuck in a 6.7 Cummings' turbo.

But on a serious note, that's an awful lot to ask the target audience to do just to play old games. Most of them are either just wanting something simple to use (and won't put in any additional effort over just using an emulator on their desktop/laptop/smartphone), or they want it more as a collectible.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Instructions unclear. Got dick stuck in a 6.7 Cummings' turbo.

But on a serious note, that's an awful lot to ask the target audience to do just to play old games. Most of them are either just wanting something simple to use (and won't put in any additional effort over just using an emulator on their desktop/laptop/smartphone), or they want it more as a collectible.

Price is fairly high.

I was expecting something like $99 or less honestly *shrugs*

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Price is fairly high.

I was expecting something like $99 or less honestly *shrugs*

You see, you say that.

And here's my counter:

Apple.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body