Looking to buy a gaming chair

phongle123

First of all I don't know which section this goes under so I just posted it in the general section.

This will be my first go into a gaming chair. I'm always just used an office chair with a memory foam cushion and always wondered why gaming chairs don't use memory foam and found out that it hurts your back if you decide to move around since memory foam goes back slower.

I probably won't be buying new as I don't know if they are worth it or not so I'll probably look around eBay or the latter to find a used one.

My questions are:

1) I read they only use foam. Are the foam cushion-y enough to sit on ALL DAY. Regular office chairs fall flat after prolonged sitting as well as years of use.

2) I read that some can pivot about 180 degrees but not all of them. Besides that, how does it differ from an office chair?

3) Are the chairs different sizes? From looking it looks like they are all 1 sort of standard size yet when I look at used ones, they are they are selling it because they don't fit them. How is this so? Are there different size/width gaming chairs?

4) Just would it be worth it to get it in general compared to my office chair with a memory foam cushion?

1. most chairs either use dense foam or memory foam that 'pops' after pro longed use, so the chair's cushion is on your preferred seating way.

2. you have office chairs that can do 180 degree stuff too, but most don't because office chairs focus on ergonomics, rather than gimmicks and looks.

3. they are different sizes. DX Racer has many different chairs. Racing being one of the smallest, King one of the biggest and Sentinel inbetween. They range from kiddy-small to thicc-man big. Brands like Noble Chairs have more standard sizes.

4. eh, if it's more comfortable to you.. sure I guess. Don't buy a chair based on looks or gimmicks please.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

First of all I don't know which section this goes under so I just posted it in the general section.

This will be my first go into a gaming chair. I'm always just used an office chair with a memory foam cushion and always wondered why gaming chairs don't use memory foam and found out that it hurts your back if you decide to move around since memory foam goes back slower.

I probably won't be buying new as I don't know if they are worth it or not so I'll probably look around eBay or the latter to find a used one.

My questions are:

1) I read they only use foam. Are the foam cushion-y enough to sit on ALL DAY. Regular office chairs fall flat after prolonged sitting as well as years of use.

2) I read that some can pivot about 180 degrees but not all of them. Besides that, how does it differ from an office chair?

3) Are the chairs different sizes? From looking it looks like they are all 1 sort of standard size yet when I look at used ones, they are they are selling it because they don't fit them. How is this so? Are there different size/width gaming chairs?

4) Just would it be worth it to get it in general compared to my office chair with a memory foam cushion?

They are designed to give you comfort for long hours of gaming. At first, they might be a bit uncomfortable. I don't really think they are worth the price but if you are a gamer that sits for hours and plays, then you should check 'em out.

if ur buying a gaming chair make sure you get the perfect size that fits you it will be very uncomfortable if not

8 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

They are designed to give you comfort for long hours of gaming. At first, they might be a bit uncomfortable. I don't really think they are worth the price but if you are a gamer that sits for hours and plays, then you should check 'em out.

And an office chair is made for long hours working without getting back issues when you're 25 and to be comfortable. Example of poor ergonomics in gaming chairs: the racing wings, they wont help you since you arent in a race car and risk falling out of your seat. And they can fuck your posture by pushing your shoulders forward if you have wide shoulders.

Comfortable =/= ergonomic

Just get a Office chair, dont get those overprices marketed gaming chairs. look on amazon those high-back office chairs. (aka. Executive Office chair)

Just look at this.  IS OVERPRICED AF.

Untitled.png