The problem with my school

piemadd

So my school is approximately 60 meters long. If I can walk that in 25-30 seconds, then I can walk 200 meters in about a minute and 45 seconds. And thats filled with students.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I need to get better at counting, or judging distance

It's quite possible it only felt like 30 seconds, but was double that time, or triple.

In either case, all my figures are based on an average adult. Kids, having shorter legs, are at an inherent disadvantage. So no matter which way you put it, asking someone to cross a 200 m distance in 2 minutes, is unreasonable, in a crowded hallway.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

So my school is approximately 60 meters long. If I can walk that in 25-30 seconds, then I can walk 200 meters in about a minute and 45 seconds. And thats filled with students.

How many other students are walking as fast as you? I'd imagine you walk "pretty fast" for a student. Now imagine if they all walked as fast as you. Imagine how much more clogging and clutter there'd be.

Chaos, my friend. Chaos.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

How many other students are walking as fast as you? I'd imagine you walk "pretty fast" for a student. Now imagine if they all walked as fast as you. Imagine how much more clogging and clutter there'd be.

Chaos, my friend. Chaos.

It would actually be fairly efficient, and my school is quite underfunded, his school is definitely not, most classes are pushing the limit for amount allowed for 1 teacher here. And Ive walked that fast since I was 5'6, the average height for most grade 8 students

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

8 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

It would actually be fairly efficient, and my school is quite underfunded, his school is definitely not, most classes are pushing the limit for amount allowed for 1 teacher here. And Ive walked that fast since I was 5'6, the average height for most grade 8 students

I'm starting to lose track of your point - you walk fast for a kid. I've already proven, using average adult figures, that the school policy in the OP is unreasonable. Anyone who walks faster then average - great! - but not the point.

2 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

ill record my problem class switch if i can tommorow

i like trains 🙂

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

It's quite possible it only felt like 30 seconds, but was double that time, or triple.

In either case, all my figures are based on an average adult. Kids, having shorter legs, are at an inherent disadvantage. So no matter which way you put it, asking someone to cross a 200 m distance in 2 minutes, is unreasonable, in a crowded hallway.

im 14 btw, so is @Clanscorpia

i like trains 🙂

2 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

that kind of explains it.

most people at my school are 5'3", execpt for a few outliers, at 6'4"

i like trains 🙂

1 minute ago, Implosivetech said:

that kind of explains it.

most people at my school are 5'3", execpt for a few outliers, at 6'4"

I still walked very fast, honestly just speed up a bit.

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just out of curiosity, why did you not include your names in the e-mail?

-KuJoe

This isn't Tumblr. This reads like aggressive millennial bants with the added public posting awkwardness. 

Okay, here my 2 cents on this.

I'm a second year university student, and almost in every single venue we are instructed repeatedly to leave through the back door. Why? Safety reasons, you want to avoid overcrowding, because you would have students coming in and out and if god forbid an emergency occurs you could get a stampede. 

If you try to present this as a potential safety issue you could actually get them on your side. Having too many students try to get through crowds within an unreasonable amount to avoid consequences is not a smart policy...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

12 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Chaos, my friend. Chaos.

Yep, just like I said. It could cause serious issues if someone falls down, there is a reason why running in hallways is prohibited in many schools!  

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

16 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

i dont want to pull that. i was just telling hime that there was somebody of that race. i will do my own best to do this and get it done

firstly like the first person said theres no way in hell that the issue you have is an issue of race so erase that notion right out of your head!

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

12 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Yep, just like I said. It could cause serious issues if someone falls down, there is a reason why running in hallways is prohibited in many schools!  

Yes so you gotta sue the school.

You're letter was written so unprofessional it's insane. If you want a school superintendent to take you seriously, start off by writing a proper, professional, polite email.

And my 2 cents

A) It's detention. Who really gives a fuck? Catch up on whatever and just take it as a break since you all didn't really do anything wrong

B) Don't even get me started on the "if you're not 15 minutes early, you're late" phrase..

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

On 2/6/2017 at 4:40 PM, Clanscorpia said:

Why dont you get your mom to bitch again. And thats called discipline. At cadets, we have 2 minutes to change out of full dress uniform and into PT gear, and get out of a crowded as barracks

That's a slight exaduration eh buddy?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

2 minutes ago, Statik said:

That's a slight exaduration eh buddy?

No, its not actually, sadly

Spoiler

AXIOM

On 2/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, dalekphalm said:

This is something we can do math on.

Average walking speed is 3.1 Miles per hour.

Convert that into m/s = 1.38582 m/s

Distance is 200 m

With these variables, we can calculate how long it will take to travel 200 m.

Time (T) = Distance / Speed

T = 200 m / 1.38582 m/s

T = 144.3 seconds (s) (rounded)

1 Minute = 60 seconds

144.3 s / 60 = 2.41 minutes (rounded)

Convert 2.41 minutes into minutes:seconds

0.41 * 60 = 24.6 seconds (rounded to 25)

So the average person walking at average speed will take 2 minutes and 25 seconds to travel 200 m. That's assuming no obstructions or dense crowds. Dense crowds will slow everyone down.

2 minutes is not enough time to reasonably expect hundreds of kids to travel 200 m. Sure some of these kids could do it, by walking fast. But then you're butting people, pushing them out of the way, being rude, etc. Now those other kids are late, because you shoved them out of your way.

giphy.gif

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

No, its not actually, sadly

That's literally an impossible timing to meet. Trust me, I know these things.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Two minutes is such a weird number. My HS had a 5 minute passing period inbetween every class. It allowed students to take a piss and be able to get to their class on time. I can't see why 3 minutes can't be cut from the next class 

16 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Tripping and falling would just be a life altering catastrophe. Good thing recess and gym class aren't a thing!

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

The email is very aggressive. I stopped reading it because you sound like a whiner.

2 minutes, that is all they give you. I call BS

1 hour ago, Statik said:

That's literally an impossible timing to meet. Trust me, I know these things.

Welcome to the Canadian Sea Cadets where we have classes on how to speed dress

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 hour ago, Wolther said:

Two minutes is such a weird number. My HS had a 5 minute passing period inbetween every class. It allowed students to take a piss and be able to get to their class on time. I can't see why 3 minutes can't be cut from the next class 

some of my teachers are trying to get it extended. we usually have an extra 3ish minute free period since there is nothing to do after each subject.

i like trains 🙂