The problem with my school

piemadd

@Clanscorpia this is why you don't want to go to my school

Hello friends,

There has been this problem at my school today, and i would like to ask for your views on this topic. I sent a letter to the superintendent about this, and here it is for you to read. (See attached) Do you think i and multiple other students, should get a detention for not being able to walk ~200 meters in 2 minutes, plus twists and turns, plus the traffic jam of my school hallway? If so, do comment what you think should happen if/when said superintendent walks into my school. A good thing is that my mom is on my side. After a few short emails with her, and she is with the students. Also, our principal has lied Multiple times the both the students and parents. He is worse than the current White House staff, no joke.

IMG_0882.PNG

i like trains 🙂

Two things:

You're right to be pissed off. Handing out detentions for unreasonable things is utterly unacceptable, and childish. 

However your letter was written too aggressively. You persuade bears with honey, not vinegar. Your words where justified and correct, but the most likely response is that you'll pass the head off and he'll dig his heels in.

- snip-

6 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Two things:

You're right to be pissed off. Handing out detentions for unreasonable things is utterly unacceptable, and childish. 

However your letter was written too aggressively. You persuade bears with honey, not vinegar. Your words where justified and correct, but the most likely response is that you'll pass the head off and he'll dig his heels in.

Agreed - no offense @Implosivetech, but your email was not very well written. If you intend on getting the sympathy of the Superintendent, then you need a well written, persuasive email.

It was one giant paragraph, using aggressive language, accusations, and little fact. The few times you directly state something, you don't elaborate. (Eg: The part where the principal says "screw you now go").

Instead, you should give SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of times this has happened. And I mean, the date, time of day, the exact teacher involved, etc. Note every word in the conversation (as best you can remember). Get names of witnesses, and speak to them beforehand to make sure they are willing to back you up. Get a written statement from each witness, signed by them.

With that email? The Super might think "Man, this is some dumb kid who can't even write a proper email, better ask the Principal what's up!" And then, the Principal will get the Super on his side, and you're fucked.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

22 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

Bro just sue them, make a big fuss with the ACLU or whatever they are called. If you are a person of color then you got a great chance of a successful lawsuit. Just saying that because your location is Georgia USA.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Snippity snop snop with a cherry on top

I'll be responding by the paragraph.

1. If I were to have more time, I would have sent a better email, which I did write in only 5 minutes, since it was in class. I might write a better one, and ask for some witness accounts, so then I will have a better email that other kids can send a better email in a few days.

2. As said before, I will elaborate more on those parts.

3. Just look up

4. As said before, I did have little time to write the email. Since my school is a PTA (Parents and Teachers Assosiation) School, the parents are allowed to boss around the principal, since they help fund it. Since I have already gotten my mom on my side, who is like 3rd up in the PTA, and she can always get everybody on her side in the PBA, I do think we will be better off. Also, this superintendent isn't as bad as the one 4 years ago. He is the one who during a snowstorm, picks up his kids, goes home, and then cancels school. There is a reason why he was fired.

Thanks for all of the tips on this! I will probably update whenever I get a reply from the superintendent. Feel free to ask anymore questions.

i like trains 🙂

8 minutes ago, biker said:

Bro just sue them, make a big fuss with the ACLU or whatever they are called. If you are a person of color then you got a great chance of a successful lawsuit. Just saying that because your location is Georgia USA.

Though I am not African American, a girl that shares the same schedule with me between the 2 periods that I got a dentention to, and I do have her contact (no we are not GF and BF), I could probably get her to send something to them.

i like trains 🙂

27 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Two things:

K then, will take in account for the large email. Just read my reply to @dalekphalm.

i like trains 🙂

Start up a student petition, works very well. Threaten law suits if things dont change.

Why dont you get your mom to bitch again. And thats called discipline. At cadets, we have 2 minutes to change out of full dress uniform and into PT gear, and get out of a crowded as barracks

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Why dont you get your mom to bitch again. And thats called discipline. At cadets, we have 2 minutes to change out of full dress uniform and into PT gear, and get out of a crowded as barracks

Perhaps. But the instructors at your Cadet Barracks have probably have an idea of how long it takes to change and get out, in an "ideal" situation. So they are pushing you to the ideal. I could be wrong, but usually when they give you 2 minutes to do something, it actually means it only takes 1 minute and 45 seconds if everyone does a "perfect" job, or whatever.

The school probably just made some arbitrary decision with no data to back it up.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Perhaps. But the instructors at your Cadet Barracks have probably have an idea of how long it takes to change and get out, in an "ideal" situation. So they are pushing you to the ideal. I could be wrong, but usually when they give you 2 minutes to do something, it actually means it only takes 1 minute and 45 seconds if everyone does a "perfect" job, or whatever.

The school probably just made some arbitrary decision with no data to back it up.

Me and Implosive go a long way back in this, thats why Im being a bit harsh. And no, they really dont, they look at their watch and no matter what we just did we need to do that, most often its even less

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

You do indeed have a right to be mad about this, your school is obviously under abuse, hope your superintendent will fix it

Send me pics of dogs, cats or animals

❤️ @Sylvie05

12 hours ago, Vulrax said:

You do indeed have a right to be mad about this, your school is obviously under abuse, hope your superintendent will fix it

thanks bro.

i like trains 🙂

As others have said, your email was very aggressive and I doubt the principal told you to screw yourself. Remember that these people view you as a problem, a student who is complaining. In the the school system you have to kiss ass to get someone to help. I hate it but that's how it is.

Also, be focused on getting to class on time, start packing your stuff away early and try get as far as possible before the rush starts, push people out the way if you have to and don't talk to friends. If you're doing this already and can't physically be on time then there's a problem. How did those other students get to the class before you?

Also, calling the superintendent on your principal isn't going to win you any favours with him. So only go through with this if you're sure, preferably anonymously.  

School does unfortunately suck :( 

That's an F in the profile pic

20 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

Do you think i and multiple other students, should get a detention for not being able to walk ~200 meters in 2 minutes, plus twists and turns, plus the traffic jam of my school hallway?

I take it this isn't college?

There were groups of girls who would walk as slow as Christmas and took up the whole hallway when I was in high school. I ended up just walking through them and pissing them off. Luckily the adults in the hallway ended up finally saying something when I walked between them after saying excuse me a million times.

Just do what you gotta do mate

20 hours ago, biker said:

20 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

Though I am not African American, a girl that shares the same schedule with me between the 2 periods that I got a dentention to, and I do have her contact (no we are not GF and BF), I could probably get her to send something to them.

You're going to pull the race card with no justification that I can see?  I question your motives and honesty.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

14 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I take it this isn't college?

There were groups of girls who would walk as slow as Christmas and took up the whole hallway when I was in high school. I ended up just walking through them and pissing them off. Luckily the adults in the hallway ended up finally saying something when I walked between them after saying excuse me a million times.

Just do what you gotta do mate

ikr. this is iddle school. there are huge groups of kids that stand around for no reason

i like trains 🙂

1 minute ago, mmaatt747 said:

You're going to pull the race card with no justification that I can see?  I question your motives and honesty.

i dont want to pull that. i was just telling hime that there was somebody of that race. i will do my own best to do this and get it done

i like trains 🙂

2 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

i dont want to pull that. i was just telling hime that there was somebody of that race. i will do my own best to do this and get it done

Dude, no offense, but put that card back in the fucking deck. AND it's not like 200m is exactly that far. My classes can be 300-400 meters on my campus. Just walk straight and fast. 

- snip-

36 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Dude, no offense, but put that card back in the fucking deck. AND it's not like 200m is exactly that far. My classes can be 300-400 meters on my campus. Just walk straight and fast. 

This is something we can do math on.

Average walking speed is 3.1 Miles per hour.

Convert that into m/s = 1.38582 m/s

Distance is 200 m

With these variables, we can calculate how long it will take to travel 200 m.

Time (T) = Distance / Speed

T = 200 m / 1.38582 m/s

T = 144.3 seconds (s) (rounded)

1 Minute = 60 seconds

144.3 s / 60 = 2.41 minutes (rounded)

Convert 2.41 minutes into minutes:seconds

0.41 * 60 = 24.6 seconds (rounded to 25)

So the average person walking at average speed will take 2 minutes and 25 seconds to travel 200 m. That's assuming no obstructions or dense crowds. Dense crowds will slow everyone down.

2 minutes is not enough time to reasonably expect hundreds of kids to travel 200 m. Sure some of these kids could do it, by walking fast. But then you're butting people, pushing them out of the way, being rude, etc. Now those other kids are late, because you shoved them out of your way.

9 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

This is something we can do math on.

Average walking speed is 3.1 Miles per hour.

Convert that into m/s = 1.38582 m/s

Distance is 200 m

With these variables, we can calculate how long it will take to travel 200 m.

Time (T) = Distance / Speed

T = 200 m / 1.38582 m/s

T = 144.3 seconds (s) (rounded)

1 Minute = 60 seconds

144.3 s / 60 = 2.41 minutes (rounded)

Convert 2.41 minutes into minutes:seconds

0.41 * 60 = 24.6 seconds (rounded to 25)

So the average person walking at average speed will take 2 minutes and 25 seconds to travel 200 m. That's assuming no obstructions or dense crowds. Dense crowds will slow everyone down.

2 minutes is not enough time to reasonably expect hundreds of kids to travel 200 m. Sure some of these kids could do it, by walking fast. But then you're butting people, pushing them out of the way, being rude, etc. Now those other kids are late, because you shoved them out of your way.

He goes to an elementary school, theres likely only 600 kids MAX in the whole building, and hes in grade 8, his step is likely to be larger than a first grader. At my average walking speed (Im in grade 8) I can walk to the other end of my school (roughly 200 meters) in about 30 seconds. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

Im sorry my post was probably worded badly, here elementary is JK-8, hes in grade 8

Spoiler

AXIOM

22 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

He goes to an elementary school, theres likely only 600 kids MAX in the whole building, and hes in grade 8, his step is likely to be larger than a first grader. At my average walking speed (Im in grade 8) I can walk to the other end of my school (roughly 200 meters) in about 30 seconds. 

You walk very fast. In 30 seconds, you can cross 200 m. That's 6.6 m/s (repeating) = 14.76 Miles per hour. Your normal "walking" speed, is faster than the average jogging speed (6 miles per hour = 2.68 m/s). You're "walking" literally 2.5 times faster then most people jog. You're also crossing 100 m in 15 seconds?

Average running speeds roughly state that a person (A normal person - not an Olympic runner) can sprint 100 m in 13-14 seconds.

So you're telling me that you're "walking" the same distance as a normal person sprints, and you're only 1-2 seconds slower?

No offense, but I don't believe you.

Maybe you "speed walk" (basically running, but in the same motions as walking, looking quite strange while doing it), or perhaps maybe you straight up run/jog without realizing it. But I'm quite skeptical that you're walking that fast.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

You walk very fast. In 30 seconds, you can cross 200 m. That's 6.6 m/s (repeating) = 14.76 Miles per hour. Your normal "walking" speed, is faster than the average jogging speed (6 miles per hour = 2.68 m/s). You're "walking" literally 2.5 times faster then most people jog. You're also crossing 100 m in 15 seconds?

Average running speeds roughly state that a person (A normal person - not an Olympic runner) can sprint 100 m in 13-14 seconds.

So you're telling me that you're "walking" the same distance as a normal person sprints, and you're only 1-2 seconds slower?

No offense, but I don't believe you.

Maybe you "speed walk" (basically running, but in the same motions as walking, looking quite strange while doing it), or perhaps maybe you straight up run/jog without realizing it. But I'm quite skeptical that you're walking that fast.

I need to get better at counting, or judging distance

Spoiler

AXIOM

Ill see in google maps how long my school is

Spoiler

AXIOM