What programming languages do you/can you "speak" ?

soldier_ph

I'l Start : I can "speak" HTML with CSS very good and I'm learning The "C" Kernel and Pyton, and you guys ?

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Define speak are you talking about in actual conversation because if so python and java or are you talking about writing code since then i can add node.js and go its hard to speak in node.js because of how it handles resources very non linear sentences can be caused by it

15 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

I'l Start : I can "speak" HTML with CSS very good and I'm learning The "C" Kernel and Pyton, and you guys ?

psuedo code i find is easiest for speaking.

psuedo code for speaking is easiest i find.

i find psuedo code is easiest for speaking.

for speaking i find psuedo code is easiest.

for speaking easiest i find is psuedo code.

i am fluent in brainfuck. Thats how i got this gig in a hospital where i get free drugs and this cool straight jacket

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Batch, HTML, C and Java i can sortof do

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

joking about "languages" aside, i actually had conversations in several programming languages before :D

but for the programming languages i can work with:

- java

- C

- python

- lua

- VBA

- assembly

actual conversations in lua go surprisingly easy, and conversations in java go very weird very fast xD

html, css, javascript, visual basic, some c#,  c (mostly microcontroller stuff) , php ...

learned Pascal in high school, which delphi is based on so in a pinch i could read and probably modify some delphi code

9 minutes ago, Rohime said:

psuedo code i find is easiest for speaking.

psuedo code for speaking is easiest i find.

i find psuedo code is easiest for speaking.

for speaking i find psuedo code is easiest.

for speaking easiest i find is psuedo code.

And this i do because:

- ESA/390 Assembler

- CLIST

- REXX

- Z80 Assembler

- QBasic

- Pascal

- Borland C++ ( man does Object Orientated fuck over a conversation - incestuous or what ??)

- VBasic

- SAS

- Galaxy Script (3 points if you know what uses this one).

- GML (AFP Script) (and 4 points if you know what product on what platform uses that one!).

- JavaScript

I plan to learn (in future).

- Twitter

- Facebook

- Sexting.

HTML is not a programming language, nor is CSS. You don't program PDF and RTF either, do you?

Write in C.

17 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i am fluent in brainfuck. Thats how i got this gig in a hospital where i get free drugs and this cool straight jacket

if you already know brainfuck you should learn body fuck 

35 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

Define speak are you talking about in actual conversation because if so python and java or are you talking about writing code since then i can add node.js and go its hard to speak in node.js because of how it handles resources very non linear sentences can be caused by it

I mean writing and not actual speaking.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

9 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

I mean writing and not actual speaking.

-_-. You wrote speaking!!!!

Nvm.

I'm quite good at writing C# and XAML (I know it's a markup language).

And i'm kind of "Meh" at Java, HTML (I also know this is a markup language), CSS, JS and other stuff.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I know HTML pretty fluently, I did know CSS once, but I have pretty much forgotten it completely. Focusing on C# and C++ atm to develop Unity games and cheats for one particular game.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

16 hours ago, Dat Guy said:

HTML is not a programming language, nor is CSS. You don't program PDF and RTF either, do you?

What do you mean?  Of course it is.

HTML Programmes the output of a web-browser.

RTF and PDF can be used to programme the output of a display device or even a printer.

Assembler is after all just the way that you programme the path of electrons - if you got the scale right you can do exactly the same thing with wire and a couple of other esoteric metals arranged the right way.   

And 'The Big D' is showing us how Twitter can be used to programme the reactions of stupid people.

It's all "programming".

6 hours ago, Rohime said:

What do you mean?  Of course it is.

HTML Programmes the output of a web-browser.

RTF and PDF can be used to programme the output of a display device or even a printer.

Assembler is after all just the way that you programme the path of electrons - if you got the scale right you can do exactly the same thing with wire and a couple of other esoteric metals arranged the right way.   

And 'The Big D' is showing us how Twitter can be used to programme the reactions of stupid people.

It's all "programming".

HTML/CSS are not programming languages, they are markup languages (HTML = Hyper Text Markup Language).

Markup languages are used to present data, programming languages can transform data (perform arithmetic operations).

http://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/241104/programming-language-vs-markup-language-vs-scripting-language

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

56 minutes ago, mathijs727 said:

HTML/CSS are not programming languages, they are markup languages (HTML = Hyper Text Markup Language).

Markup languages are used to present data, programming languages can transform data (perform arithmetic operations).

http://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/241104/programming-language-vs-markup-language-vs-scripting-language

everybody so serious today ...

and nobody got the reference to programing with a soldering iron ...

does nobody understand that ?

3 minutes ago, Rohime said:

everybody so serious today ...

and nobody got the reference to programing with a soldering iron ...

does nobody understand that ?

Sorry

I got triggered by the first 2 lines and didnt read any further.

triggered.jpg

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro