Someone Please Help Me Choosing A Diesel Truck!

NTDaws

So I am buying a new diesel truck, I sold my old one. And I want to buy something like a ford 6.0, 6.3, 7.3 turbo diesel or non turbo diesel, doesn't matter to me though it is prefered a turbo diesel because then more air gets into the engine causing more power. Anyways here are some kijiji links and I need some opinions on which would be a good diesel for a 16 year old, I probably don't need a 4 door either. Though it would be nice. But also easier to park. 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1992-7-4/1236208991?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2006-ford-f-350-xlt-pickup-truck/1233489399?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2008-ford-f-350-xl-pickup-truck/1191854387?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true#

These are my options.

This is a dodge I would actually prefer if I bought what, it's because it's pure mechanical and has no chips.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1992-dodge-power-ram-2500-pickup-truck/1232563953?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Reposting because no one helped.

The geek himself.

Avoid the 6.0 and 6.4 Fords if you don't have money for the upkeep. They have lots of problems and are very expensive to fix, or prevent. They're good motors once they've been fixed right. The 7.3 powerstroke is a very solid motor. 7.3 IDI is not my favorite personally but a solid motor as well. Dodges with Cummins 12 valves are bullet proof, 24 valves are pretty good as well. Duramax is also a solid choice. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Any new truck is expensive to fix. Someone hits your mirror $2000.

7 hours ago, vetali said:

Avoid the 6.0 and 6.4 Fords if you don't have money for the upkeep. They have lots of problems and are very expensive to fix, or prevent. They're good motors once they've been fixed right. The 7.3 powerstroke is a very solid motor. 7.3 IDI is not my favorite personally but a solid motor as well. Dodges with Cummins 12 valves are bullet proof, 24 valves are pretty good as well. Duramax is also a solid choice. 

Fix ORepair Daily

11 hours ago, vetali said:

Thx, I'll look for a 7.3 or a Cummins or duramax

The geek himself.

13 hours ago, Dawson Wehage said:

So I am buying a new diesel truck, I sold my old one. And I want to buy something like a ford 6.0, 6.3, 7.3 turbo diesel or non turbo diesel, doesn't matter to me though it is prefered a turbo diesel because then more air gets into the engine causing more power. Anyways here are some kijiji links and I need some opinions on which would be a good diesel for a 16 year old, I probably don't need a 4 door either. Though it would be nice. But also easier to park. 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1992-7-4/1236208991?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2006-ford-f-350-xlt-pickup-truck/1233489399?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2008-ford-f-350-xl-pickup-truck/1191854387?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true#

These are my options.

This is a dodge I would actually prefer if I bought what, it's because it's pure mechanical and has no chips.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/1992-dodge-power-ram-2500-pickup-truck/1232563953?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Reposting because no one helped.

Unless your actually going to use it for work you don't need a truck. Unless you like something that's heavy, can't outhandle a Prius, and that requires a bit of power over stock to be faster then most people's average cars on the road. Least that's why I don't bother with a truck.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

38 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Unless your actually going to use it for work you don't need a truck. Unless you like something that's heavy, can't outhandle a Prius, and that requires a bit of power over stock to be faster then most people's average cars on the road. Least that's why I don't bother with a truck.

Some people drive trucks since you have a higher safety rating than being in a tincan of a car.

You won't be 100% safe but you're better off if you get a truck that's not an F150.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I work for a business where we pull pools. I need it.

The geek himself.

7 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Some people drive trucks since you have a higher safety rating than being in a tincan of a car.

You won't be 100% safe but you're better off if you get a truck that's not an F150.

Safer....Maybe that's depends on the accident lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

14 hours ago, KingKeith55 said:

Fix ORepair Daily

Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

To be honest and frank, buy a mechanical diesel truck, anything to do with electronics is bad.

I don't know much about this, but isn't Diesel kind of bad for use in Canada where it gets cold? At least that's what I've always been told.

http://fuelandfriction.com/trucking-pro/how-prevent-diesel-fuel-gelling/

All the extra steps you need to go through to even avoid it turning solid sound like a pain to me. Or is the diesel sold these days somehow resistant to winter temperature?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

17 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I don't know much about this, but isn't Diesel kind of bad for use in Canada where it gets cold? At least that's what I've always been told.

All the extra steps you need to go through to even avoid it turning solid sound like a pain to me. Or is the diesel sold these days somehow resistant to winter temperature?

The vehicles come with plugins on the front to keep the block heater on all the time. Newer diesels are able to start in -30 celcius which is -22 in fahrenheit.

The geek himself.

18 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

In the US they don't, mostly because it hardly snows in the states. Though if it does, people probably create a plugin on the front of the truck to keep the heater on.

The geek himself.

No judging, but what company expects a 16 year old to buy a personal 3/4 ton or 1 ton for work? That's retarded. Also what kind of pool are you hauling that require something so big? You can pull up to like 10,000lbs with a half ton. That's a big fuckoff pool.

Regardless, I'd avoid power stroke, and go with a cummins or duramax. Also no matter what, GET IT FUCKING INSPECTED.

Majority of trucks in northern Alberta have been run ragged on the patch, and even if something has low kilometers, don't be surprised if it has some obscene amount of idle hours on it. Get everything inspected no matter what. It will save you thousands in the long run.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 hours ago, Dawson Wehage said:

mostly because it hardly snows in the states

you joking right?

So you are saying Montana hardly snows, must be global warming that stops at the Canada/US border.

11 hours ago, biker said:

you joking right?

So you are saying Montana hardly snows, must be global warming that stops at the Canada/US border.

I don't live in the states pal.

The geek himself.

14 hours ago, Statik said:

No judging, but what company expects a 16 year old to buy a personal 3/4 ton or 1 ton for work? That's retarded. Also what kind of pool are you hauling that require something so big? You can pull up to like 10,000lbs with a half ton. That's a big fuckoff pool.

Regardless, I'd avoid power stroke, and go with a cummins or duramax. Also no matter what, GET IT FUCKING INSPECTED.

Majority of trucks in northern Alberta have been run ragged on the patch, and even if something has low kilometers, don't be surprised if it has some obscene amount of idle hours on it. Get everything inspected no matter what. It will save you thousands in the long run.

It's also getting a new turbo and exhaust kit.

The geek himself.

42 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

It's also getting a new turbo and exhaust kit.

That doesn't change anything 

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Statik said:

I am not buying a gasser either way. 

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Statik said:

Even if I buy a Volkswagen diesel, diesel is more efficient then gasoline.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Even if I buy a Volkswagen diesel, diesel is more efficient then gasoline.

Also, have you even gotten an insurance quote for this? Alberta insurance is fuckoff expensive, and that on someone as young as you, and once you start accumulating real expenses, you're going to have a shitty time.

Just my 2 cents

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Statik said:

Also, have you even gotten an insurance quote for this? Alberta insurance is fuckoff expensive, and that on someone as young as you, and once you start accumulating real expenses, you're going to have a shitty time.

Just my 2 cents

I work on computers every day, plus I have a job. I can afford it.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I work on computers every day, plus I have a job. I can afford it.

Have you gotten a quote man? As a 18 year old I was looking at $500/mo for JUST CAR INSURANCE. I was working in a lumber yard, doing lots of overtime, making lots of money, and once you start accumulating REAL expenses later on in life, you could be fucking yourself.  Just sayin'

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

4 hours ago, Statik said:

Have you gotten a quote man? As a 18 year old I was looking at $500/mo for JUST CAR INSURANCE. I was working in a lumber yard, doing lots of overtime, making lots of money, and once you start accumulating REAL expenses later on in life, you could be fucking yourself.  Just sayin'

Holy Darn!  That some expensive insurance.

I have to agree.  What size pools are these?  I say get a nice little diesel that has a solid engine.  I never seen the point of the large ones unless you pulling around RVs or toy trailers.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU