THE worst OEM PC EVER (rant)

Just now, IHirs said:

thats from this year, not 2014, and this build is better

-snip-

You didn't get the joke didn't you?

Could be worst. My first ever PC was a lovely HP box with a Celeron from early 2000's, 256mb of ram and Windows XP home. 

5 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Could be worst. My first ever PC was a lovely HP box with a Celeron from early 2000's, 256mb of ram and Windows XP home. 

Ah, a Windows XP. Guess who bought shitty Vista for me lol

30 minutes ago, IHirs said:

heres a build from 2014 for $500 i found it here

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard 
Memory: ADATA XPG V2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $198.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-29 23:18 EST-0500

You could build that for much much cheaper now and to be completely honest that will still do 1080 gaming at sub-par console PS4 performance.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

28 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

For the vast majority of households, a warranty is more important than the PC components so spending $500 on $200 worth of hardware with a warranty is worth it to most people who don't have the knowledge or time to build their own PC and who don't want to RMA a single part when it breaks especially if they aren't able to figure out which one part broke.

Hence why OP purchased it at Best Buy.

If you want . Decent upgradable PC, you have to either build it yourself or spend more on a pre-built. With the current Lenovo, HP, Dell, ACER, etc. Desktops, essentially anything below 500 to 600 isn't upgradable. Lenovo has a laptop style AC adapter, no real power supply. The rest of the makers have a 10pin PSU, not 24pin. They cannot handle much of an upgrade other than possibly some super low end GPU that gets its power from PCIe,or maybe PCIe USB.

The 500 to 600+ have standard motherboards with normal 24pin PSU, and more than 2 SATA ports. You might still get some BS proprietary DVD/CD power connector, but it can be split into a new PSU.