[Worldwide][PC] Overwatch 50% OFF

kirashi

7ECA09BFA14F61AA2C412113341FFBCB5775F360

Blizzard Taiwan currently has a 50% off sale on Overwatch for PC. No idea when it expires.

Game is sold region-free. It's for the regular version of the game, not the Origins Edition.

This means anyone anywhere can buy it as long as they have a supported payment method.

Overwatch 50% off - https://tw.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch

(Originally found on RedFlagDeals.com)

lineup-wide.jpg

Confirmed working fine with a friends' North American Battle.net account from Canada.

He was able to purchase using his Canadian-based North American Battle.net Account.
I also talked to a Blizzard GM through web chat support; names redacted for privacy:

Info: A representative will be with you shortly.  Thank you for your patience.

GM: Greetings, my name is Game Master GM. Could you please give me a few moments, to look over your issue?
KiRaShi: Sure! My only question is actually regarding purchasing games in different regions. I have relatives that live in Taiwan for 6 months of the year. They move home to Canada for the other 6 months.
GM: Okay, right on. With that in mind, how can I help shed some light on such?
KiRaShi: They want to know if they will have any problems buying the TW version of Overwatch when it comes to regions and friend lists. Their accounts were originally created as North America/Canada accounts.
KiRaShi: (they're not super tech savvy, hence why I'm asking for them)
GM: Hehe, no worries at all. In truth, it shouldn't be an issue for them at all. However, the friends lists are region specific. So they'll only see their friends while logged into the corresponding region.
KiRaShi: So because their accounts were created as North American accounts, even if they buy the game in Taiwan, they'll still see their North American friends? 
KiRaShi: That's all they're really worried about, as most of the friends they play with on Starcraft II reside in Canada.
GM: Well, yes and no, I'm afraid. When they log into the battle.net app, they'll still see all of their friends, if they log into the Americas region. However, when they launch the game in the TW region, they'll only see friends they add in that region. If that makes sense. If not, I can try to word it a bit more in detail.
KiRaShi: No, I think I understand. Sort of. So, if they log in from Taiwan, they'll only see other Taiwan friends. But if they login when they're home in Canada, they'll see their North American friends? Is that right?
KiRaShi: Sorry, I meant if they launch it from Taiwan, and if they launch from Canada. Not just login to battle.net :P semantics are important. my bad.
GM: Well, yes that's one way. Though it should be noted, they can log into any region they want, from any location. It's just a choose they can choose when logging into the battle.net app. ;)
KiRaShi: Oh alright. That makes sense. Actually, that's cool - they might be happy to hear they can separate the two friend lists.
GM: Hehe, it's definitely a nice option to have. Might there be any other questions I could help you/them with?
KiRaShi: No, you've been a great help! I'll pass on this information to them later tonight. Thanks so much GM!

From what I understand, anyone can purchase Overwatch (and maybe other Blizzard Games) from any region using a Battle.net account from any region.
The game itself is region-free, and you can confirm this by checking their Overwatch Game Management  page. The game will show as Global.
The only thing that's region specific is your friend list. When you login to the Battle.net client, your friend list corresponds to that region.
This means that if you've got a North American Battle.net account, and you buy the game through this deal, you'll be fine as long as you login to the NA region.

KEEP IN MIND THEY COULD CHANGE THIS AT ANY TIME. I AM NOT LIABLE FOR PURCHASES THAT DON'T WORK.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Nice little find, to bad I already purchased Origins edition at full price. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

How fun the game is? Maybe I could get it though I don't know if the community is toxic and is more of a skill based game where if you suck you suck. Something less competitive than CS GO like Left4Dead 2?

Game is worth full price IMO.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

How fun the game is? Maybe I could get it though I don't know if the community is toxic and is more of a skill based game where if you suck you suck. Something less competitive than CS GO like Left4Dead 2?

Since it's very objective based I would assume that like Lol if you are fucking off you would get yelled at, but I don't think it's that cancerous. Lots of 12 yr olds tho. I haven't played yet but my stepbrother and his squad play.

Still thinking of making a smurf to exclusively practice Genji on.

My ability as Genji is comparable to that of somebody with 1,200 SR, however being 3,600 SR... I don't get to play Genji very often.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

13 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

it can get really competitive, I played it for 30 minutes at a weekend to test it out. not my cup of tea, the community is mixed at best.if you don't like competitive games i would not suggest this game, i am in the same boat as you i play games to relax. 

22 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Game is worth full price IMO.

Originally, I would have disagreed with you. However, since getting into it with friends, it's been worth every penny, since it's essentially a variation of what TF3 might have been if Valve ever actually released any "3" version games, and I really enjoyed TF2.

25 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

22 minutes ago, Xandaaa said:

Since it's very objective based I would assume that like Lol if you are fucking off you would get yelled at, but I don't think it's that cancerous. Lots of 12 yr olds tho. I haven't played yet but my stepbrother and his squad play.

10 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it can get really competitive, I played it for 30 minutes at a weekend to test it out. not my cup of tea, the community is mixed at best.if you don't like competitive games i would not suggest this game, i am in the same boat as you i play games to relax. 

It seems like a fairly mixed bag. I've only had it for just over a month now, and from what I've seen, you can get put into lobbies where people rage quit because your team loses a control point within the first 60 seconds. However, the lobbies with other players there to play competitively but actually have fun are what really entertain me. There are players out there who understand that games, teams, and players won't be perfect every time. They actually acknowledge that fact, and speak or type our supportive comments in game so you can learn to get better. You just have to play with a positive mindset, and do what a lot of people do when they get frustrated from multiple losses: quit and play something else, go outside, read, listen to music, etc.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Originally, I would have disagreed with you. However, since getting into it with friends, it's been worth every penny, since it's essentially a variation of what TF3 might have been if Valve ever actually released any "3" version games, and I really enjoyed TF2.

It seems like a fairly mixed bag. I've only had it for just over a month now, and from what I've seen, you can get put into lobbies where people rage quit because your team loses a control point within the first 60 seconds. However, the lobbies with other players there to play competitively but actually have fun are what really entertain me. There are players out there who understand that games, teams, and players won't be perfect every time. They actually acknowledge that fact, and speak or type our supportive comments in game so you can learn to get better. You just have to play with a positive mindset, and do what a lot of people do when they get frustrated from multiple losses: quit and play something else, go outside, read, listen to music, etc.

How is it compared to CS GO community if you have played it?

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't touch CS:GO - anything beyond CS:CZ is too intense for me. Too many BOOM HEADSHOT moments the second I left spawn and immature non-team players just from watching my brother and his friends play. People seem to enjoy screaming at their teammates more than trying to use voice chat to communicate a realistic attack. But that's just my experience - maybe CS:GO is better for other people.

Just bought a smurf account last night at full price (not Origins Edition, so $40). Talked to a Bliz rep to try to refund it... I did not get a refund. :/

COMIC SANS

On 1/30/2017 at 0:07 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

Not a toxic cesspool of filth. The community is typically pretty good, with the occasional whiney bitch.

On 2/2/2017 at 7:23 PM, JoeyDM said:

Not a toxic cesspool of filth. The community is typically pretty good, with the occasional whiney bitch.

cough..widowmaker players...cough

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

10 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

cough..widowmaker players...cough

Widowmaker players typically aren't too annoying, the people bitching about them are annoying. Genji mains though... Dear God.

12 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Widowmaker players typically aren't too annoying, the people bitching about them are annoying. Genji mains though... Dear God.

Or Mei... IMO, Mei's ice blast should not completely freeze players - it should only slow them down by say half or 80% tops. There is no reason Mei should be one of the few characters with 250 HP who can 1v1 tank characters and win more often than other 250HP characters. (I'm speaking both as someone who has lost to a Mei playing a tank, and as someone who can easily beat other tanks if I play as Mei myself.) They really should drop her health to 200HP, or make her ice blast slow you instead of freezing you.

On 2/4/2017 at 11:17 PM, kirashi said:

Or Mei... IMO, Mei's ice blast should not completely freeze players - it should only slow them down by say half or 80% tops. There is no reason Mei should be one of the few characters with 250 HP who can 1v1 tank characters and win more often than other 250HP characters. (I'm speaking both as someone who has lost to a Mei playing a tank, and as someone who can easily beat other tanks if I play as Mei myself.) They really should drop her health to 200HP, or make her ice blast slow you instead of freezing you.

This is why I charge at Mei every chance I can get as she can completely wipe out the team with her ult....