What IDE (or text editor) do you use?

Scite

CPU: i7-3820 | Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Mobo: Asus Sabretooth X79Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Storage: Crucial M500 240GB & 480GB SSD + Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB |

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked | PSU: 1000W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 | Monitors: 3 x AOC i2367Fh 23.0"

All hail the mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch you with his noodely appendages

spring tool suite for java and py something for python its like intellij but for python

i7-4930k   3xEvga gtx 780OC DC2 3gb    32gb corsair vengeance 2133mhz    asus rampage 4 extreme black  ~2 tb of ssd space

my speedtest 1932mbit down / 497mbit up  custom water cooled

What's so great about sublime 2?  It just like notepad++.I just downloaded that program and look at it. Both of those program are junk when you are under pressure to get your part of the project done. If I was your supervisor and you are getting paid $90,000.00 a year. I will force you to use a real IDE. You will not hold me or your team back. We get paid to produce. and not mess around a mickey mouse program that will not tell you if you made a syntax error and have to spend hours trying to find that error.

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)

Eclipse Juno for Java, JavaScript and PHP.

Notepad++ (soon probably Atom) for everything else.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

BlueJ for Java, Notepad++ for everything else..

Mid-2013 11" MacBook Air — Intel Core i5 @ 1.3GHz 8GB RAM.

BitFenix Prodigy ITX — Intel Core i5 4570 — MSI H87I — 8GB RAM — Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X — Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB — XFX TS650.

What's so great about sublime 2?  It just like notepad++.I just downloaded that program and look at it. Both of those program are junk when you are under pressure to get your part of the project done. If I was your supervisor and you are getting paid $90,000.00 a year. I will force you to use a real IDE. You will not hold me or your team back. We get paid to produce. and not mess around a mickey mouse program that will not tell you if you made a syntax error and have to spend hours trying to find that error.

I don't need a babysitter to tell me where I made a syntax error either... 

Well, when programming with .NET I use Visual Studio ofcourse (Only used C# for now)

Python, CSS, HTML and others in Notepad++

PHP in Netbeans

Java in Eclipse (ADT Eclipse, just because)

Also may work in Notepadd++ in others for some quick editing

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Sublime Text 2, Visual Studios, Dreamweaver.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

That a bunch of crap. everyone make syntax errors. End of story If you ever went to a big conference like in San Diego Los Vegas, or New York. In a session there might be 1500 people or more. I guarantee the presenter on that stage will make some type of syntax error.

Even the author of node.js a very quiet and unusual man made mistakes in his presentation and he that the creator of that JavaScript library. If you were handed a project for a example the CMS called DNN. Your job will be redesigning the skin.  No text editor like notepad++ or an editor in that family will ever come close in assisting you in modifying the thousands lines of code that you be overwhelm with.

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)

Well, I really enjoy Geany as a text editor, and Visual Studio is great, when you have to do .NET

I'm doing a minor in CS in college right now (Aerospace Engineering is my major) and I really really like Eclipse for Java, haven't tried out the C/C# plugin in thing that you can use for it, but I want to.

For C I've used codeblocks and notepad++, I liked codeblocks at first, but now I absolutely hate it, I just write stuff in notepad++ and compile at the command line.

eclipse 

why ?- first iv tried , sticked with it

Sublime Text 2 for HTML/CSS with Emmet, it's awesome. Notepad++ for general editing (ex: XML, some HTML or even regular text)

Then Visual Studio for C#, and that's pretty much it. I do a bit of PHP with Sublime Text, but I'm mostly doing web design anyways. (more HTML/CSS with a bit of JS than PHP) :P

Brackets - web development

What is does: 

Brackets is a text editor that can live edit HTML5 and CSS3 developed by adobe and released for free with many plugins. 

Features: 

Live edit HTML and CSS, supports syntaxing for JavaScript, PhP, HTML, CSS, DOM, Jquery, LUA, and most other interpreted language. Dynamic interpreting and predicting, such as showing suggestions based on the language you are coding or fixing syntaxing. Like notpad ++, it can open any interpretable text file, such as .nfo or .cfg. 

Downside:
Cannot  run PhP. you have to use a server for it. (that's the way PHP works) Also not portable. :c

Eclipse - program development

What it does:

IDE for developing in any language (with the proper plugins). Originally meant for Java Development, Database structure, debugging, and C developing. With plugins from the eclipse community It can edit and run any code (PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Lua, etc), as well as plugins to change color themes, sync with the cloud, automatic git updating, window builder, etc.

Features:

Debug, program any language, massive amount of plugins, dynamic suggestions, large community, portable.

Downside:

It is large to download and can get easily messed up. Also very anal about save locations, workspaces, and compiling versions.

Where to get them:

Bracketshttp://brackets.io

Eclipsehttp://eclipse.org

I might be wrong.

Kinda funny watching people fight over a text editor.. Anyway, call me old fashioned, but I think Emacs beats all of you notepad++/sublime users to death..

I use pretty much for everything, mainly because of its powerful key bindings and huge pile of plugins, which make it a very efficient editor (and even a fully fledged IDE with a few plugins, like yasnippet and ECB)

Qt creator for qt programming, emacs for everything else

Current rig: i7-5820K, R5E, 1070ti (windows), Radeon HD7850 (Mac), a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, running MacOS Mojave, Windows 10 + a bunch of debian servers on Proxmox KVM hypervisor

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2017

Previous projects: Razmac G5, Server, zenbox HTPC

See my GitHub profile!

A coder/modder from Finland

Codeblocks and Visual Studio

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I use my own text editor, based of ScintillaNET and written in C# using Notepad++. I call it Notepad# :P Doesn't have as many features as Notepad++ but has things I use often, such as a colour picker, and basic project management tools.

I use subdued syntax highlighting schemes (shades of black and grey only), and I absolutely hate IDEs useless features such as autocomplete. All these things that they say are to make you faster usually end up slowing me up by a massive degree.

I usually used Sublime 2 for text editing b/c it is f**king great. Improves my productivity when developing websites (emmet and other plugins) and it also looks great (Flatland colorscheme, Nexus theme).

For IDE i use Visual Studio most of the time.

TextWrangler/Xcode - C/C++

Eclipse - Java/Python

Netbeans - Java/HTML/Javascript/JSP/JDBC

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

The choice of my IDE depends on what i currently do:

For C++ and .Net stuff i use VS 2013 Ultimate, because of DreamSpark :D

For Java i use IntelliJ

and PHP is PHPStorm, because JetBrains simply is best for those cases.

I used to use Zend Studio for PHP, but i prefer PHPStorm over it now.

Everything else is done in Notepad++

Quick and dirty server-side fixes are proudly presented by nano ;) I hate vi ^^

Personal rig: Silverstone SG13 Case | AMD Ryzen 1700 | Biostar X370GTN |  EVGA GTX1080 Superclocked w/ FTW BIOS  | 450W SFX PSU | 16GB GSKILL DDR4-2666 | Roccat Ryus MK Pro Keyboard & Roccat Kone XTD Mouse | Samsung 850Pro NVMe PCIe SSD 256GB

Working Laptop: Thinkpad T460p with Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.6 GHz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | Intel HD 530 | GeForce 940MX | 256 GB Crucial M500 SSD 

SciTe+Borland

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Dev C++.. 'cause that's what my professor told us to use :P

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62