ASUS Out Of Warranty RMA Question

How does ASUS handle an out of warranty GPU failure? The fan on my RTX 3070 are starting to make a grinding noise. Is it possible to get it fixed by ASUS? Or should I look into buying a new GPU instead?

Intel Core i5-10600KF @ 4.9Ghz @ 1.25V

MSI Z490 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi BIOS v17

XPG D50 32GB DDR4-3200 16-19-9-36 2T (Samsung M-Die)

XPG S11 Pro 1TB and Western Digital WD140EDFZ 14TB

ASUS TUF RTX 3070 OC

Corsair RM650x

Phantek P360A with Noctua Exhaust Fans

Fans are cheap, and might even be able to get a whole shroud assembly. I got a whole new shroud assembly for an MSI card of mine with both fans for ~$11. 4 screws and one plug and it was replaced (heatsink could stay on with that model, but it was a good excuse to repaste). Or replace just the fan if you want. 

Just a thought, before you send it off to Asus who does not have a great reputation for RMAs, warranty or not. 

i wouldnt bother, they might give you an acceptable repair quote, but it very much would not be worth it from a value perspective even if they dont make a complete mess of it.

instead, consider the following:

- take the fans out to force some oil into the bearings.

- finding a "close enough" matching fan to replace the original fans, or a "for parts" card or cooler off ebay.

- just de-shroud the thing and put a pair of standard 120mm fans on it.

Fan are often easy to replace. Order a new fan and do it yourself.  Definitely don't buy a new GPU and fix the current 3070.

If you are uncomfortable doing this step check if there is a repair café or makerspace in your city.

Should you do it through Asus? Write them a message and see. Odds are high it will be a ridicules price and bad experience.

People never go out of business.

Where in Canada can I buy a new fan or GPU heatsink, aside from eBay? I didn't even know you can do that. Are those eBay sellers reputable? I have a TUF-RTX3070-08G-GAMING. Part number 90YV0FQ6-M0AA00.

Edit: Looks like I can't get ASUS to service my GPU even if I pay them. It just says "product is out of warranty and cannot be serviced" lmao

Intel Core i5-10600KF @ 4.9Ghz @ 1.25V

MSI Z490 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi BIOS v17

XPG D50 32GB DDR4-3200 16-19-9-36 2T (Samsung M-Die)

XPG S11 Pro 1TB and Western Digital WD140EDFZ 14TB

ASUS TUF RTX 3070 OC

Corsair RM650x

Phantek P360A with Noctua Exhaust Fans