I need everyone's help! Interview with Linus

nkucz

Hey everybody and hopefully Linus,

I am in my senior year of High School and the state I live in requires you to pass a thing called "Senior Project" to graduate. For this project I was originally going to build a computer but the project is supposed to be something you have never done. So I have decided for my project I want to create and publish a website that teaches people how to assemble a computer, it will have videos and pictures and lots of information on how to do so. I have all the Adobe programs so I will have enough resources to do this. However, by November 18th we are required to hand in an interview with someone in the field. I really wanted to interview Linus asking him questions about this topic either on the phone or on Skype or Razer Comms. I understand how busy Linus is and it is hard to find time for kids like me. It would take less than 30 minutes and I would really appreciate it if you could Linus! So I ask everyone to help me get Linus to notice this! 

@LinusTech

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

You could just pm him instead of making a topic about...

what a tedious school you go to

ain't nobody had time for that kind of nonsense at my school

yea it is actually quite ridiculous 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

It would help if you mentioned him in the post @LinusTech

touche

Slick would be good too... I bet they will help you out if it's for school

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

That's a pretty harsh school....aint nobody got time for that.

Twitter him, be nice about it and very polite.

Could also hit up Slick.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I don't think they will know who Linus is...

they don't need to, he worked in the field thats all they need to know

Private message him. I did when I needed him to do something for me, and while he declined, it was a slightly strange request. He was very kind. Very nice about it.

I rate him a 10/10 HTC Ones. HTC 10? HTC Ten? Possibly.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You could just pm him instead of making a topic about...

he gets hundreds of pm's a day, better chance on here, however I will do that as well

he gets hundreds of pm's a day, better chance on here, however I will do that as well

He will get to you eventually. I sent him a brithday pm and he responded like 8 days later, but he did respond to it.

Take the caps off the title, it looks obnoxious.  You want to be as polite as possible with this not some kid screaming at him.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Take the caps off the title, it looks obnoxious.  You want to be as polite as possible with this not some kid screaming at him.

will do!

*Thread slowly crumbles away into the abyss that is LTT.... along with your chances of a high grade* :P

To Twitter!

how would interviewing Linus give me a bad grade? He isn't qualified? You are wrong.

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/linus-sebastian/52/a07/578

So... is Linus going to reply? Good luck bro, Linus is busy but he may buy some time. (500k subs and more. Many people, lots of content)

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

how would interviewing Linus give me a bad grade? He isn't qualified? You are wrong.

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/linus-sebastian/52/a07/578

LTT is getting even more serious.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

So... is Linus going to reply? Good luck bro, Linus is busy but he may buy some time. (500k subs and more. Many people, lots of content)

I understand its a stretch but why not try right?

LTT is getting even more serious.

yes, he is obviously qualified. Especially since my school says they have to be over 22 and have worked in the field.

I meant it that this thread would slowly be ignored, Linus would never see it, and you couldn't get a good grade from the project :P

obviously if he doesn't answer I will interview someone else, not just going to just fail my senior project and not graduate

I understand its a stretch but why not try right?

yes, he is obviously qualified. Especially since my school says they have to be over 22 and have worked in the field.

1. I never discouraged it at all.

2. I meant that this "media group" is expanding even faster and larger. Of course it would.

1. I never discouraged it at all.

2. I meant that this "media group" is expanding even faster and larger. Of course it would.

Oh yea, linus media group is getting bigger no doubt