Are consoles actually as bad as most PC enthusiasts say?

1 minute ago, App4that said:

My goal isn't to get rid of consoles, that would make me a hypocrite since I own them. My goal is to bring them into the fray. Developers and console manufacturers can make money and not make it off of exclusives. look at Microsoft. They opted for the Play it Anywhere program and have sold more units than Sony since. 

no, you act like we don't need consoles anymore...we can just ''emulate'' them...truth is console is a major player it's what put money in devs hands to push out monster titles...you think they would spend 60 millions developping witcher 3 or fallout 4 if it was just for us pc gamer?! hell no, they wouldnt...you would have pretty only cheap ass 20$ indi games and you would pay 69$ for them...you want that?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well...how would you play pikmin 3 or mario 3d world without consoles tho?! no nintendo consoles, no nintendo games...

thing is if you think only pc is good you're not a gamer, you're a tech enthusiast and PC gamer...i would say a fallout 4 player and a tech enthusiast is what you are...i'm a GAMER...i buy consoles as well for their exclusives i want to play and i love it too..

So fallout 4 isn't a game?

This makes no fucking sense at all: Consoles are far from the only gamers, PC games predate ALL consoles even Atari and Odyssey and such people have been playing games on PCs since Personal Computers became a thing: I used to type games in basic in order to be able to play but I am somehow not a "gamer" because you like stupid shit like Mario?

Nonsense.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

No shit, you get way more performance per dollar on a PS4 vs a PS3 too. The unlocked midsize die cards used to cost $250 in 2011 with the GTX 560 Ti and now they're $600+ with the GTX 1080.

And today's midrange cards will run nearly every AAA game maxed out at 1080p at 60fps.

AMD's RX 480 costs just as much as a GTX 1060 on average, two midrange cards that can run "AAA" games maxed out yet you want to single out Nvidia for "doubling the cost of midrange GPUs".

My goal isn't to get rid of consoles, that would make me a hypocrite since I own them. My goal is to bring them into the fray. Developers and console manufacturers can make money and not make it off of exclusives. look at Microsoft. They opted for the Play it Anywhere program and have sold more units than Sony since. 

I'm skeptical of the Microsoft store and UWP after Games For Windows Live. 

8 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well...how would you play pikmin 3 or mario 3d world without consoles tho?! no nintendo consoles, no nintendo games...

thing is if you think only pc is good you're not a gamer, you're a tech enthusiast and PC gamer...i would say a fallout 4 player and a tech enthusiast is what you are...i'm a GAMER...i buy consoles as well for their exclusives i want to play and i love it too..

what about the games we grew up playing then?! sega master system, super nintendo, genesis, playstation 1, N64...what about our first drinking nights with friends playing goldeneye multiplayer on a 4 way split screen?! what is nothing of that ever existed?! PC gaming WOULD NOT EVEN EXIST without CONSOLE GAMING paving the way first...bro :P

I agree with the opinion that both consoles and pcs are great. Although your argument doesn't make all that much sense. If there were no nintendo consoles then the nintendo games would be pc games. 

Also.. I believe that exclusives should not exist. Why should a box with computer parts in it with a special ui (yes I know, other things too) be able to play a certain game but another box with a different ui can't? 

32 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Some people can really notice the difference. I'm one of them, I can easily notice if my game drops to even 55 fps. With that said, I'd rather play a great game at 30 fps (or even 20-25 fps, like Red Dead Redemption 1 on XBox 360) than a good one at 60 fps, which is why I bought a PS4 for games I couldn't get on PC.

Same here.  A decent framerate is good.  Certainly one high enough that it's not stuttering and barely playable.  But playing a good game is ultimately more important.  A high framerate doesn't help if the game is awful.  

29 minutes ago, App4that said:

I worked for a few developers, still kinda do. Testing games and patches, getting input from players that kind of stuff.

Keep in mind I've used every controller ever made for a console. To say I'm picky is an understatement. So things most people wouldn't notice drive me up a wall. 

That's cool.  So what makes the S controller better for you?

21 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Have you ever played on a gaming PC?

I use the computer in my profile does that count?

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

I agree with the opinion that both consoles and pcs are great. Although your argument doesn't make all that much sense. If there were no nintendo consoles then the nintendo games would be pc games. 

Also.. I believe that exclusives should not exist. Why should a box with computer parts in it with a special ui (yes I know, other things too) be able to play a certain game but another box with a different ui can't? 

because the company that make those great games for you and spend millions on them need to make back this money somehow and nintendo has a great buisiness model if you don't want it feel free to leave it on the shelves i will not...and no there would be no nintendo if it wasn't for console and in fact most of the games you play on PC would not exist or would be nowhere near as great if they couldn't exist and sell on Xbox and playstation as well..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

And today's midrange cards will run nearly every AAA game maxed out at 1080p at 60fps.

AMD's RX 480 costs just as much as a GTX 1060 on average, two midrange cards that can run "AAA" games maxed out yet you want to single out Nvidia for "doubling the cost of midrange GPUs".

To add, as I said back in the 90s consoles used to outperform PC games and it wasn't until the late 90s when processors like the Pentium III and the original Athlon came, along with the first GPUs like the TNT and the Voodoo than the PCs where finally showing up the consoles in graphical power, in fact once the PS2 generation of consoles rolled out they had the upper hand in graphics and such for a little while again until Ati and Nvidia (and even Voodoo and Matrox who still made competitive gaming GPUs back then) started to get more and more popular than the PC really took off in terms of performance and power vs consoles.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

I use the computer in my profile does that count?

Lol I was just wondering since you said you didn't notice many FPS issues on consoles. I wanted to see if you've actually played on a machine capable of higher fps and whatnot so that I can take what you said with more seriousness.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I didn't want UPlay on my system for a while (especially after Google declared it a rootkit), but I couldn't play some of the games I bought from Steam because they required UPlay. Welp, guess Ubisoft is holding my games hostage now.

It's not actually some sort of rootkit though right?

9 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

no, you act like we don't need consoles anymore...we can just ''emulate'' them...truth is console is a major player it's what put money in devs hands to push out monster titles...you think they would spend 60 millions developping witcher 3 or fallout 4 if it was just for us pc gamer?! hell no, they wouldnt...you would have pretty only cheap ass 20$ indi games and you would pay 69$ for them...you want that?

There are more PC gamers than console gamers, so yes they would make the games. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

6 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I said they doubled the cost of the midsize dies. Now they call their midsize dies high end and charge a lot more for them.

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

because the company that make those great games for you and spend millions on them need to make back this money somehow and nintendo has a great buisiness model if you don't want it feel free to leave it on the shelves i will not...and no there would be no nintendo if it wasn't for console and in fact most of the games you play on PC would not exist or would be nowhere near as great if they couldn't exist and sell on Xbox and playstation as well..

That's taking major assumptions. If there were no consoles then most people would be gaming on pcs, and so pcs is where the focus for development will be. 

Hell, what even makes steam different from a console? You put it in big picture mode, slap a controller on and connect it to a tv and bam you have your "console". The two shouldn't be considered that much different from eachother, should only be considered different ways of playing a game. 

There are more PC gamers than console gamers, so yes they would make the games. 

because they consider facebook gamer and minesweeper users ''gamers'' on the steam survey does not mean there are that many ''real'' PC gamers out there bro...

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

because they consider facebook gamer and minesweeper users ''gamers'' on the steam survey does not mean there are that many ''real'' PC gamers out there bro...

Actually no, look at the market. That's considered Mobile. 

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I said they doubled the cost of the midsize dies. Now they call their midsize dies high end and charge a lot more for them.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Games that are not sold on steam:

1) Minesweeper

2) Facebook games

Also you didn't mention them but:

3) LoL

4) Overwatch

5) WoW and many other MMOs

So tell me again who is taking the steam survey and it's not a real gamer, even by your standards?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

Watch out guys we got an asshole over here who doesn't know how surveys work

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's not actually some sort of rootkit though right?

I think at some point Google retracted their statement, however, it was found that it had a serious security hole in that inadvertently exposed Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon was available on PC before any announcement or something was made. So Ubisoft had to release it.

Either way, UPlay is a steaming pile of crap.

Actually no, look at the market. That's considered Mobile. 

alright you're a loss cause...and most of you are as far as i can see.

All i'm saying is consoles are good, they are a major reason why us pc gamers have that many great titles to play each year and bashing on them is simply stupid...there are some very amazing gaming experience to have on consoles even if like you and me we have stupid powerful PC with QHD Gsync monitors and shit....sometimes it's not ALL about the framerate and graphics settings...but also FUN.

Alright, on that piece out i have work to do and i'm about to loose it! ;)

Just now, Misanthrope said:

bruh unless you play CS:GO with a 244Hz .5ms Asus Gaming® Black Edition®® with a Xeon Super Speed Radeon GTX 9001 CPU and GPU you're not a real gamer lel

All i'm saying is consoles are good, they are a major reason why us pc gamers have that many great titles to play each year and bashing on them is simply stupid...there are some very amazing gaming experience to have on consoles even if like you and me we have stupid powerful PC with QHD Gsync monitors and shit....sometimes it's not ALL about the framerate and graphics settings...but also FUN.

What you are saying my friend is that without trucks we wouldn't have roads. 

The feeling you are experiencing is cognitive dissonance. 

Actually it's the other way around: The consoles wouldn't have major frachises like Halo, GTA, etc. If they haven't bought it away from PC to begin with. EA was particularly fond of buying and then bankrupting PC developers so they'd make console games.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, App4that said:

What you are saying my friend is that without trucks we wouldn't have roads. 

The feeling you are experiencing is cognitive dissonance. 

Without trucks we'd have more roads since they need repairs quicker with high-weight trucks :D

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I checked the link. Standard edition is $30. Maybe it was on sale for $10.

It still shows on sale for me. Point being, pc sales are often cheaper, just like full price games.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Don't forget $45 for a decent controller in that pc price.

Or 15$ for a perfectly usable, not to mention often more practical, mouse+keyboard bundle.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*