in where should i aim when im getting a new cooler?

Blackhole890
6 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

in amount of heatpipes? on fan design and rpm? Copper or steel made? 

What's your budget?

8 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

Usually performance or loudness. Read reviews on the coolers you're looking at.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

"How well does cooler perform"

Specs don't matter, just the temperatures and loudness.

5 minutes ago, BlackJackLTT said:

The Cryorig H7 is a lot better for about the same price, at cooling, noise levels, and aesthetics.

Newegg Site & Reviews

Cryorig-H7-installed-heatsink-fan.jpg

03_top_sh_h7.jpg

Mine lets me overclock my 6600K to 4.5GHz and still stay under 60C while gaming.

Are you looking for air coolers or AIO water coolers?

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

Thread moved to Air Cooling section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

32 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

how well it performs at load temperatures and idle.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

21 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

but watched a comparison and against 212 evo, its almost the same just 3-5ºC less for 5 bucks more? Is that worth?

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

5 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

but watched a comparison and against 212 evo, its almost the same just 3-5ºC less for 5 bucks more? Is that worth?

How do the accustics compare? Which one was quieter?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

11 hours ago, Blackhole890 said:

What cpu are you cooling and what's your budget? What are you looking for in a cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What cpu are you cooling and what's your budget? What are you looking for in a cooler?

i will get a xeon e3-1230. Just coz i dont know if intel stock cooler will be able to cool enough this xeon

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

First priority is to check what fits in your case and with your RAM. Next is budget and what are you going to be cooling (both CPU and possible OC). After that comes the options. If you have spacious case and good budget, you can pick pretty much any cooler that you like.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

First priority is to check what fits in your case and with your RAM. Next is budget and what are you going to be cooling (both CPU and possible OC). After that comes the options. If you have spacious case and good budget, you can pick pretty much any cooler that you like.

what? i only have a cpu and ye, i see if it fits or not my desired cooler

9 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

what? i only have a cpu and ye, i see if it fits or not my desired cooler

What, no RAM or case yet? Those can limit some coolers out. Like, you can't put 165mm cooler in case which only supports 160mm coolers (for example, U14S is 165mm, D14 is 160mm, 212 Evo is 159mm and H7 is 149mm). High profile RAM limits bit of coolers which overhang the RAM slots. H7 is fine, 212 and most of others will hang over. Which isn't issue if you have low-profile or normal profile RAM. Thats why those two are the things to know when looking at options.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What, no RAM or case yet? Those can limit some coolers out. Like, you can't put 165mm cooler in case which only supports 160mm coolers (for example, U14S is 165mm, D14 is 160mm, 212 Evo is 159mm and H7 is 149mm). High profile RAM limits bit of coolers which overhang the RAM slots. H7 is fine, 212 and most of others will hang over. Which isn't issue if you have low-profile or normal profile RAM. Thats why those two are the things to know when looking at options.

no, i mean that i still dont know if it will fit or not because i didnt take the sizes of my case+ram :P 

15 hours ago, Blackhole890 said:

i will get a xeon e3-1230. Just coz i dont know if intel stock cooler will be able to cool enough this xeon

The stock cooler is enough unless your system  has terrible airflow.

3 hours ago, Blackhole890 said:

no, i mean that i still dont know if it will fit or not because i didnt take the sizes of my case+ram :P 

RAM and case specs will include height and clearance for other parts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.