i7-6700k Price

Go to solution Solved by Mooshi,

Difference between the two chips is like what, 2-5%? Intel is also not known for heavy discounts on their last gen gear. Unless AMD can do something besides hype up a slideshow, the 6700k won't drop much.

Hey all,

New computer builder here, I've heard news of Intel's next generation processors launching at this year's CES. Is it expected that the general price of the i7-6700k will drop? Stay the same? Any information would be appreciated. 

The new generation is absolute bullcrap just check the benchmarks across all the techtubers. As for the 6700k price dropping I think it will drop a little bit.

It will barely drop at all. Heck, I just sold my 6600K for the same price I bought it for 16 months ago.

Difference between the two chips is like what, 2-5%? Intel is also not known for heavy discounts on their last gen gear. Unless AMD can do something besides hype up a slideshow, the 6700k won't drop much.

12 minutes ago, SylvanBoss512 said:

Hey all,

New computer builder here, I've heard news of Intel's next generation processors launching at this year's CES. Is it expected that the general price of the i7-6700k will drop? Stay the same? Any information would be appreciated. 

Considering 4th gen i7s are more expensive than 6th gen,no

That said, the 6700k is still a nice chip and the new motherboards will probably be a little on the high side for kaby.

Also, I'm buying the i7-6700k because I intend to do a lot of heavy tasks, and I don't plan to overclock. Is the only difference between the i7-6700 and the i7-6700K the clock frequency?